Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am scheduled to have surgery march 25. Start preop liquids tomorrow. Scared but excited.

Has anyone heard of being able to receive a card from your doctors saying you had bariatric surgery and you are allowed to eat from the childrens menu? When you are ready to eat that is. Someone was telling me about it and I dont want to stroll into my dr office like an idiot asking for a "special" card.

That is somthing I will totally be asking my doc about.... I have been thinking about eating out once I can... And it's going to be ala cart or plate sharing I guess.

Yes u get a card so u can get a child's plate and you also get one for airport for the staples when going through security

The staples are made of titanium and won't set off a metal detector at the airport. They are also fine in an MRI. :

Getting sleeved first thing in the morning. I'm not so nervous about the surgery' date=' but more about missing food. But I just keep thinking about all those who have been sleeved before me in here who have posted that its the best thing they've ever done. Good luck to all the other March 11 sleevers![/quote']

Hey I was the same way. I got so depress about departing from food but u will be able to eat again just not LARGE portions. Plus ur going to love the weight lost. 15 pounds down in just six days! Good luck

March 19th here... start my liquids on Tuesday... Why am i all of a sudden so darn nervous!!

I'm feeling a bit unprepared... I work two jobs and I'm trying to get all my bills paid for the next two months... I am also a temp and scared of getting laid off since ill be out of work for a month.

I'm so anxious. I am so happy i have all of you. Prayers to everyone. Hope everyone who had surgery in the last 2 weeks are healing well. Good Luck to everyone this week!!! :-) Please let us know how surgery went as soon as you can!

I am scheduled for the 25th....yikes !

Hi Everybody,

Well, I am now a graduate of this group. I wanted to give you all a brief snopsys of my experience. Surgery was on the 7th and all went wonderfully. The hospital staff was fantastic and I can't say enough about my surgeon. He was so awesome. I was in hospital Thurday and Friday. I keep having these spasms that are uncomfortable so am calling dr in the morning about it. the pills work temporarily, but that's it. Am now on creamed Soups and Protein Shakes again after enduring several days of Clear Liquids. Almost feels like a gourmet meal. Glad it is over and am now on the losing end of this deal.

Good luck to all in your surgeries.

Kriss

Having my last drink of Water before 12am, and counting the hours down now. I'm reporting for 7:30am...... #nerves

Best of luck for those of you 3/11 sleevers and many well wishes for your recovery. I will be thinking of you all!

best of luck to you all 3/11thers...wishing you the best

starting my pre op liquids tomorrow! getting sleeved 14 in mexico using wieght loss and beyond so I have companion. I'm so nervous! !!! have so much to do for my kids b4i go

they gave me one and it has all the info on it about not to take aspirin or anti-inflammatories and not placing the ng tube with out direct endoscopy. other side of the card reads "the owner of this card had had weight loss surgery' date=' which has reduced his/her stomach capacity to less than 3 oz. please allow him/her to order a smaller portion or make a selection from the childrens menu. thank you for your cooperation" i dont know if every dr. gives these out but mine did.[/quote']

Another downfall on going to Mexico. I did not get that. I didn't even know about the other stud you said. Thanks for sharing

Maybe that is something we should come up with for the people who don't get them. I also suspect I should get a med-alert Bracelet explaining my new condition

Something more to think about.

Hello Ladies,

I've been blessed to have a smooth process. I'm 28, 5'10 and 265 pounds; therefore, I've gotten some negative responses from others about not needing WLS. My height helps me look slimmer but most people have no idea that I weigh so much. In addition to being heavy, my health has been slowly going downhill. I have hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, nerve damage (that previously caused paralysis) and major issues with my bladder. Therefore my close friends, family and I find WLS to truly be a blessing! Losing 80-100+ pounds will enable me to be sexy and HEALTHY!! I started my process on Feb 5th and my surgery is scheduled for March 15th.

I send wishes of good luck, better health and sexier looks to all of you!