Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 30!!

Well gang, I did all my grocery shopping today and have everything organized on my kitchen counter so I do not have to worry about grocery shopping when I get home from the hsopital. I see that some of you are doing a colon cleanse the day before your surgery. I have to do the same but I was told to use 2 fleet bottles the day before and not food or even Water from midnight on. Monday will be here soon. I am so scared and excited at the same time like the rest of you. Good luck to all the sleevers in the month of March.

Well gang' date=' I did all my grocery shopping today and have everything organized on my kitchen counter so I do not have to worry about grocery shopping when I get home from the hsopital. I see that some of you are doing a colon cleanse the day before your surgery. I have to do the same but I was told to use 2 fleet bottles the day before and not food or even Water from midnight on. Monday will be here soon. I am so scared and excited at the same time like the rest of you. Good luck to all the sleevers in the month of March.[/quote']

You will do great!! I am officially 5 hours post- op and gas and headache are my only 2 complaints..

Pammie so good to hear that your surgery is all over, I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are doing very well. Do the pain meds take away all the pain or does it just dull the pain? I have been told gas can get bad so that is why they want you up walking ASAP.

Good Job Pam you made it to the other side. Rest easy tonight. Cheryl

I'm experiencing something and I need to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I'm on day 7 of the pre-op diet, and for the past 2 days I've had unbelievably bad breath. My wife could smell it from across the room. I can taste it in my mouth, and my tongue even feels weird, almost numb. Is this from going into ketosis from the diet? I've done the Atkins diet several times, and never had anything anywhere near this bad.

Yep sounds like ketosis. It will pass. I chewed mint gum constantly!

BDJ,

Have you been on antibiotics lately? I'm not a doctor , but im thinking it sounds like it might be your stomach. I had that problem a few years ago & it freaked me out. Doc said it was my stomach. I had been on antibiotics & my stomach just went bad. I never got it properly diagnosed & it did go away. Maybe your empty stomach is just churning away because it's used to more food. I remember brushing my tongue like crazy & chewing gum, but nothing made it go away except time. Mine might've lasted a month. The good news is that it DID go away. I hope yours gets better asap! Maybe take some prilosec & antacids...

BDJ' date='

Have you been on antibiotics lately? I'm not a doctor , but im thinking it sounds like it might be your stomach. I had that problem a few years ago & it freaked me out. Doc said it was my stomach. I had been on antibiotics & my stomach just went bad. I never got it properly diagnosed & it did go away. Maybe your empty stomach is just churning away because it's used to more food. I remember brushing my tongue like crazy & chewing gum, but nothing made it go away except time. Mine might've lasted a month. The good news is that it DID go away. I hope yours gets better asap! Maybe take some prilosec & antacids...[/quote']

Thanks for the suggestions, jilliemay, but I haven't been on any antibiotics in over a year. I'm already on prescription Prilosec, so I don't think it is that. It must be the ketosis. I'm down 9-10 lbs in 7 days on this diet. That's 9-10 less I'll need to lose after surgery.

I'm experiencing something and I need to know if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. I'm on day 7 of the pre-op diet' date=' and for the past 2 days I've had unbelievably bad breath. My wife could smell it from across the room. I can taste it in my mouth, and my tongue even feels weird, almost numb. Is this from going into ketosis from the diet? I've done the Atkins diet several times, and never had anything anywhere near this bad.[/quote']

You are in ketosis..yeah!! That's what you want.. good luck in surgery.. :)

Woohoo BigDaddyJoe - 9-10 pounds in a week! That's pretty awesome. Okay, im on day one of pre-op diet. Missing food a bit tonight, but hanging in there. Hearing you dropped 10 in a week helps!

WTG BDJ!

Depressed...I SHOULD be on my pre-op diet..but my lovely insurance is giving my surgeon a hard time. I'm praying that I hear something soon, but really worried that they'll find some loophole to deny me. I've been doing really well with exercising and diet, up until the last few days....I need Closure! I'm also up for a new job and all of this uncertainty is making me climb the walls!

My surgery went good on mon. No big surprises pretty Much the stuff I expected from reading through the forum. My Two biggest issues were the cotton mouth' date=' it was really bad. I thought my mouth was gonna epoxy shut. Second was hiccups, they weren't regular hiccup but some sort of internal hiccup, they hurt, I've had them before but nothing like that. Was released tues evening from the hospital after I did all my walking and was able to sip 40oz over time and keep it down. Thx for the thoughts and prayers.[/quote']

Keep us posted on your recovery dustdog, will pray for a quick recovery.