Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just out of boredom, share with us what one food you currently love the most and what one food you currently hate. :)

I'll go first- love cake, pie, maybe I should just say sugar lol

And I hate artichokes!

I love very nearly ALL food. Seriously, from a prtzel and hot dog to a 5 star gourmet meal of escargot, caviar, etc. Hate is such a strong ugly word. Lol very FEW foods I actually hate. I can't eat a plain Tomato or a slice of tomato on a sandwich. I don't like turnip roots (but love the greens), and rutabeggas are pretty gross.

I love my coffee with white mocha. :( I guess it's a worthy sacrafice.

I hate sushi.

I love seafood. I hate Beans.< /p>

march 13 th! :rolleyes:

I love FOOD! But I can't stand Peanut Butter, bananas or coconut. Yuck.

I'm having my surgery March 5th! A day after my birthday! Never had any surgeries so I'm kind of freaking out but I'm hoping its the best Birthday gift I ever had...lol

All: My date is March 13 but I have to share my horror story. I was scheduled to have my surgery on 12/19/2012. Right before, the hospital called me and said that my insurance company, United Health Care (UHC) denied the surgery and that it wasn't covered under my plan. I was so angry, hurt and depressed I didnt know what to do. On December 12, 2012, I received a claim denial letter and was given the following reasons: The services are not eligible expenses under the plan. This decision is based on the following plan language found in the Certificate of Coverage in the Section entitled Section 2: Exclusions and Limitations: Surgical and non-surgical treatment of obesity. THIS IS NOT A PLAN EXCLUSION. THIS IS IN MY PLAN. I immediately appealed the decision and sent in a whole file of supporting documentation along with doctors notes for medical necessity. On January 23, 2013, UHC wrote me saying that I won the appeal and that the procedure was covered. You would think it would be easy after being approved and appeal overturned. However, this is where my nightmare began. It took me until yesterday to get everyone (hospital, UHC) on the same page. The UHC system kept showing I was denied but I had a letter saying approved. I called both the hospital and UHC every day to complain about the inconsistencies and obvious blatant incompetence on someone's part. I also wrote the President and CEO of UHC three times to complain while also contacting the State of Maryland Office of the Attorney General to help me deal with this. I spent hours on the phone every day with various people from UHC only to end up with no resolution. There is conflicting and contradictory information in UHC’s system. I am being given conflicting accounts of the status of my claim: One system has the appeal noted and approved; another system has that the procedure has been denied. So everytime Washington Hospital Center calls for surgery approval, they are being told that the procedure has been denied. However, they have a copy of the approval letter from UHC dated January 23, 2013 and has also been told that the procedure has been approved. One day, it’s approved, the next day it’s denied. The inconsistency is horrible. I wrote in my letters that "I am in disbelief that this is happening to me. What did I do to deserve this?" I am beyond livid at the incompetence of UHC staff to settle something as simple as this. I am upset, disappointed, angry and depressed that this insurance company continues to play with my life. Every day there is a different issue or story being provided by UHC. Is this so much about business that you do not care about me as a person? Or is it that you want me to just die so that you don’t have to approve the surgery? Everyday I receive different information from UHC most of it conflicting and inaccurate. Why isn’t everyone on the same page? " I then asked that UHC please provide the following information related to your denial:

- Specific records reviewed

- Specific records required to approve this treatment

- Medical opinions justifying the denial

- All documents, records, health benefits plan provisions

- Internal rules

- Guidelines and protocols

So finally after two months of fighting and calling, I am finally scheduled for March 13th. This fight took so much out of me, I am tired. However, I woke up this morning thinking I need to concentrate on the process rather than the results. So I am back in the fight and will win this time with God and your help.

Time for an updated list, after a flood of new dates came in. This is harder than I thought it would be, with people's dates moving. I didn't include people if they said they had 'tentative' dates, or were 'aiming for' a date. If I left you off or got a date wrong, feel free to contact me, or just copy the list yourself, edit it, and paste it back into a new reply.

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37, newat52

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg

21 Reneetrom, Newnay

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback

26 Thistlegirl

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte

@ Parker lol how can you not like Peanut Butter? I guess if I didn't like it I could have saved myself a million calories lol

@ Erica hall wishing you the best abc that everything works out fantastically !!!

@ Parker lol how can you not like Peanut Butter? I guess if I didn't like it I could have saved myself a million calories lol

@ Erica hall wishing you the best abc that everything works out fantastically !!!

I make up for it in chocolate!

YeppersJen and Court. I start the liquid diet tomorrow and I know I can do it because I want this so badly. I have beem discriminated against for so many years. One thing I know for sure and I am sure everyone here will agree with me on is this....I will NEVER treat an overweight person the way I have been treated. It is horrifying how we lose jobs, lose opportunities becauser of our disease. NO one looks at the inside to see what is there. It is a darn crying shame and believe me I have done a lot of that..crying that is. Now I am smiling all over myself, because I know I am doing this for me and if I can help other people in the process I am here. We are all going to be such stars. :-)

Hi there, everyone.

I'm So excited about surgery. I have my approval letter, and just did my final testing yesterday. I now have to get approval from my pcp, then I'm off to the races.

I'm also a little scared of failing with this. But that is nothing compared to the fear of getting bigger or dying early.

I look forward to running at the park with my dog, looking good in clothes, and all the things that come with good health.

I'm sure my surgery will be in March, but I'm awaiting my date.