Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know how u feel , I'm not worried about the surgery but have been very anxcious about failing and not losing or over stuffing my new tummy!!

. I had a lapband for 8 years & while it prevented me from gaining weight , I only lost about 10kgs over the 8 years. I won't bore u with the details, let's just say the band n I didn't get along. So this is my second wls n I know those who knew about my band and my upcoming surgery are probably expecting me to fail again.

I had an appointment with my surgeon yesterday and he has reassured me that I will lose weight , he said how much i lose I will depend on how well i stick to the eating guidelines , so this will work for all of us, we just need to stay focused and keep positive thoughts in our minds :)

I don't really care what others think about my surgery, I know I might be a topic of conversation for the office gossips, but I know they will move on to a new topic soon enough n I will be yesterday's news to them, but my new skinny body will be mine forever... Lol

Try to stay positive n focus on all the good things coming your way, when you start losing weight n feeling fit n healthy :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Missfae, I completely understand your thoughts. I just keep telling myself "one day at a time" and it helps. I know I can do this with the support of everyone here. So three cheers for us and stand ready to help bring each other up in the possible down times on this journey.

Hey, March 20 sleeve sisters, Will you adopt me as a "little" sister since I am March 21st?

Time for an updated list, after a flood of new dates came in. This is harder than I thought it would be, with people's dates moving. I didn't include people if they said they had 'tentative' dates, or were 'aiming for' a date. If I left you off or got a date wrong, feel free to contact me, or just copy the list yourself, edit it, and paste it back into a new reply.

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg

21 Reneetrom, Newnay

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback

26 Thistlegirl

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte

You're welcome! I saw a need, and decided to fill it. I guess it comes from being a computer programmer, trying to turn a mess of data into a more logical format.

Time for an updated list, after a flood of new dates came in. This is harder than I thought it would be, with people's dates moving. I didn't include people if they said they had 'tentative' dates, or were 'aiming for' a date. If I left you off or got a date wrong, feel free to contact me, or just copy the list yourself, edit it, and paste it back into a new reply.

1 SKgirl27, Kaleen, racoon_439, Sumsuz68, MzNikkiG

2 Tryingtobringsexyback, TeriMoBeri

4 Lmariewj, Leo815, Just1Girl, JeffNNJ, mattsbelly, dinky, Garlandfam, Joeseph Intravaia, Fifty&Hippy

5 MissFae, teetani, gelen's_change, sr910, AFinch, duckie913

6 bringiton, Presher87, dustdog77, simonetwentynine, pammie37

7 Mommielissa06, Jenniferg, ashley18, Misconduct, Bvl, krissj, MoniqueA97, jody73, purplemoonflower123

8 Courtney, toya3901, pacificpeach, BigDaddyJoe, st2011, alanah

11 Caspinelli712, chrissyatthebeach, Liljulz202, ARenee99, jenah

12 PeacockMama, onelessfatgirl, HollyMc63, brandy88

13 SerendipityHappens, adoptmom2_3, PressOnward, erica hall

14 BigFatLoser, superstartover, Gwenny, traycrow83

15 futuresleever, Kodiesmom, dsdolls

18 Canadagurl, AmandaRaeLeo, tdguill

19 aneke26, slimjim41, Healthybabs

20 BeBeSpArKLeS, Nicole2013, Kristy Giovanelli, busybeingme, maeg

21 Reneetrom, Newnay

22 floridafd, LaserSkinGirl

25 Vsgbrandy77, youngtammy50, lookingforwardnotback

26 Thistlegirl

27 Oldnavee, tannak

28 Mlecompte

I'm also March 1st!! :D Thanks for the list!

You're welcome! I saw a need' date=' and decided to fill it. I guess it comes from being a computer programmer, trying to turn a mess of data into a more logical format.[/quote']

Woohoo!! You rock!!!

Reneetrom, I wonder if your name is Renee. My name is Renee too and how cool would that be if we have the same date and name. Let me know.

And thanks Daddy!

Are ya'll telling everyone you're getting it done, telling just a handful of friends/family, or keeping it completely secret? I've told about 10 ppl total. I just don't feel like advertising it all over FB etc. I don't really want to open myself up to potential negativity, you know? I'm sure once I drop all this weight within the first few months (6 months, 8 months, whatever) people will be asking how. I will probably tell the ones who specifically ask but I'm not going to be running around screaming the news.

That is the 64k question. Some want everyone to know and some don't. I would say do what feels right for you. My personal choice is that only my husband knows and is very, very supportive. This step is very personal for me and that is how I intend to keep for now. I may change my mind after but it will be my choice. I know people will ask how much weight have I lost and how am I doing it? In my 52 years though, I have realized that just because someone asks me a personal question does not mean I am required to answer it. :)

I was actually originally scheduled for surgery today so I am a bit bummed. Had to be postponed and now looking at March 6.

Good luck to you!

I am so excited right now, I can hardly breathe. Everything is going so well. I start the liquid diet tomorrow morning in prep for my March 7th surgery. THe exciting part is I didn't know what my out of pocket was going to be. With BCBS my portion was sait to be $1,250 so that was what I was preparing for. Since this is so early in the year, I had to deductables so I was told to expect the max. Well the finance guy just called me and said it is only going to be $806!!! Apparently the hospital is dealing with BCBS on some deals so the hospital stay is super cheap right now. Can we say KRISS IS DOING THE HAPPY DANCE BIG TIME??? Whoo Whoo. You have no idea what good news this is. Having $400 as a backup is great!.

My preop appointment is the 25th, day after my birthday. I am so jazzed that the liquid diet is going to be tasting like a freaking gormet meal every day. LOLOL Life is good.