Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I drink 1-2 cups a day, everyday. I have since 4 weeks post op with no issues. I have regular caffeinated with sugar free Syrup and 1/2% milk.

Your mileage may vary. Without my coffee, I get zero mileage.

I was allowed Decaf in the hospital :) I drink one cup daily, sometimes decaf sometimes regular. I have it with 8oz of milk and a splash of sugar free flavor as my morning latte Breakfast.< /p>

I would talk to your doctor about this...my doctor has given the ok to have Decaf coffee. I would just be careful with sugar and milk going into it. Sometimes, just a quick taste of what you think you want will get rid of the craving.

I agree. How long ago was your surgery?

so embarrassed to tell you this :mellow:

i know there are many coffee threads, i'm going to the search area in the right hand corner

only a couple of posts come up

what am i doing wrong???

been on the board for a couple of years, and never learned how to do this :ph34r:

confession is good for soul ;)

I am not exactly sure either lol

I drink coffee. I get about half a cup down before it's cold and I pour it out.

re: searching... you need to be on the HOME page, as it shows in image 1. Type your search term, press the magnifying glass looking thing. You'll see all the threads that contain coffee in them pop up.

You may be only searching the current forum that you're in, which would bring you limited results because it's not searching the full site. To do a full search of the site, go to the home page and do it from there.

post-43101-13813662123286_thumb.jpg

post-43101-1381366212345_thumb.jpg

SlimFast has a decent shake=Cappucino Delight...weird little side note (and probably WAAAAY TMI, It makes your urine smell like coffee) just thought I should warn you!

SlimFast has a decent shake=Cappucino Delight...weird little side note (and probably WAAAAY TMI, It makes your urine smell like coffee) just thought I should warn you!

LOL

My doc never denied me coffee but I avoided it until I realized a few weeks post op that I was lactose intolerant.

So I get my morning coffee as a Protein shake. I just mix my coffee and one or two ice cubes (I like my coffee drinkable, not scalding) along with two scoops of my Syntrax nectar (in chocolate, vanilla or Cappuccino flavor) and drink that up. I get my coffee fix (no it's not the same but it does the trick) and I push up my Protein count for the day. Win-win in my world.

I also mix with tea if I'm in the mood.

If your doc didn't give guidance, a quick call or email will clear it up for you. Every surgeon has a different set of guidelines, though. While my surgeon is actually pretty strict about his post op diet, this is one thing he didn't deny us.

Oh - be mindful of your caffeine intake, though. I'm far more sensitive to it post op than I was prior. I can only drink coffee before eleven or it keeps me up at night. One cup does me all day where I used to drink from sunup to sundown with no problems.

~Cheri

re: searching.

TheCurvyJ

thanx for the info girlfriend - you are great, now i'll be able to search away!!!!

your DOS -12/21/12 down 36 lbs - WooHoo

you are doing great, keep up the good job :)

Definitely a coffee lover here. And a latee, Cappuccino lover. That being said, you should follow your doctor's orders with regards to coffee and the healing process. It takes about 6 weeks for the stomach to get through initial healing and caffeine during that time can cause ulcers or perhaps something worse. Do not take this as medical fact, just experience from going through the sleeve and reading posts here my doctor did not limit any coffee except we were not allowed to drink it the day before surgery and we should keep it to 1-2 cups. I stopped drinking coffee about a month before surgery and then started slow about 6 weeks post op. if you are not able to have coffee, there are other options. nectar has a good cappuccino Protein Shake. There are a lot of coffee flavored drinks and shakes out there. You might try one or two and see what you think. Good luck!

I suggest giving up coffee during your preop diet. I am having horrible headaches after my surgery yesterday and I am assuming its coffee withdrawal

I love Dandy Blend, a non caffeinated herbal drink that tastes like coffee. I've used it with both my pregnancies and even now, after as I'm transitioning to the pre-op diet. I buy it in bulk at Amazon.com

It makes your urine smell like coffee) just thought I should warn you!

Omg I thought the same thing when I drank it!!!