Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best of luck to you! Hope everything goes smoothly and hope you have a very quick recovery!

Good luck!

Thanks you all so much I am at the doc now I am going to tell him I want the band

What swayed your decision to the band?

Is your decision. But make sure you do your research. I started with the band but I switch after finding most people who do the band eventually had to reapply to get the sleeve. Best of luck regardless what your final decision is.

My Mom had the band and Is sorry she did. It has slipped and as she calls it her own vomit machine if she overeats she bends a certain way and she can throw up. she is proud of me for standing firm for my VSG... but please look at the good and the bad with the band it isn't all they make it out to be.

When I first thought about WLS. I looked into the band. Glad I decided not to go with it. In the back of my mind I thought I'm an active person! I love to jump around with my kids, dance, get on daredevil rides at the amusement park. That band is gonna slip. Then I started seeing these posts on this site about people's band slipping and having to have a revision to the sleeve. So listen to that little voice, it may sound a little crazy, but I'm glad I listened. Saved me from heartache, pain and money. I'm self pay.

I did not want to lose to much

I have had the band for 5 years had up and down

And then it slipped and on the jan 29 13. I will be getting the sleeve looking so forward to it

Good luck

My DH ahd theband. HE could not get any food down. He could eat ice cream, chips, Cookies but he could not eat chicken, veggies or salad. He got the band removed in Dec and will be sleeved in April.

How much weight do you have to lose?

After watching my sister and cousin have severe complications from the band- I'm pretty anti band. My sister almost died at age 29. She also never made it to goal despite not being able to eat ANYTHING for months. Nor did my cousin. The risks are not worth the reward. The after-care costs can get ridiculous. Especially if you are self pay. Even with insurance- they generally won't pay for a second surgery if you need one.

Not to be a downer but I had the band for almost a year until I got sick not bc of the band but bc of food poisoning and it was just a horrible experience - ended up in the hospital my stomach closed bc of the band and me vimitting not even able to swallow my own saliva it was so scary - but the doctor said I hAd to remove it - that's one thing doctors. Might not say if u become sick and vomit it can damage ur stomach N band and may have to remove it but I'm happy now bc feb 4 I'm scheduled for my sleeve - I defly should of done this first - totally regret the band but happy as heck now woohoo feb 4 baby

i would really look more into the sleeve and not the band. I have had a lot of patients have many issues with the band. What are you thinking is too much weight?

surgery.png?ts=1357876831