Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wavering...sleeve or plication?

I considered the band for about a year, then the plication for about 5 months or so. The week before surgery I decided on the sleeve and I am SO GLAD I did.

The plication, when you really start reading about it, watching a video on it, thinking about it ...... is just a really bad idea in my opinion. So many things wrong with that. I am curious to see what the research will say about it in the next 5-10 years and if it will even still be a surgery option anymore.

Pilcation is when your stomach is folded over and I've researched and found that ppl that had this done had to covert to a sleeve cause the part that was folded didn't get any blood flow and ppl want this cause their stomach is not being cut out but who really is gone go back and unfold their stomach ..lol I went to the pilcation forum not too many happy ppl not to many ppl at all

Why would your husband think of leaving because of the surgery? Are you really worried about that. You don't need that stress. Talk to someone. Maybe they can help you resolve this issure. This is your life. You only get one!! Really think you can find support here! Good Luck!

Not sure, since everytime I asked why he was against it he just said I should know. But he was so good about criticizing what I ate, or how I exercised, not to mention sexual rejection, I'm pretty sure he just thought I should get my fat butt to the gym 8 hrs a day.

We're pretty much separated now, but living under the same roof. It's a difficult situation. But I'm trying to make the best of it by focusing on my health and weight loss, and doing activities that I actually enjoy. Thanks for your support.

Cuteasabutton contact me privately u hve company lol

I have the plication and love it. Many more are getting the plication with the lb ( not sure why they would need it?) the worst criticizes of the procedures are... Those who don't have it and haven't put the research in! There are pros and cons to every wls and I believe you can rock any one if you put the effort in! Good luck with your choice! For those that are wondering, I have great blood flow and do not have stomach rot lol, I'm not cold either;)

The cold feeling happens with weight loss in general. You lose insulation which = cold feeling. I love the cold feeling as i get hot easily now. It's kind of a type of trade off. There are pros and cons to each. But I would rather have a useless piece of stomach cut out than run the risk of an infection or ulcer in the fold.

That just my opinion though.

I considered the band for about a year, then the plication for about 5 months or so. The week before surgery I decided on the sleeve and I am SO GLAD I did.

The plication, when you really start reading about it, watching a video on it, thinking about it ...... is just a really bad idea in my opinion. So many things wrong with that. I am curious to see what the research will say about it in the next 5-10 years and if it will even still be a surgery option anymore.

I agree...it sounds so great in theory..but in practice, maybe a little too new.

Pilcation is when your stomach is folded over and I've researched and found that ppl that had this done had to covert to a sleeve cause the part that was folded didn't get any blood flow and ppl want this cause their stomach is not being cut out but who really is gone go back and unfold their stomach ..lol I went to the pilcation forum not too many happy ppl not to many ppl at all

I know! It's like a ghost town over there!

I have the plication and love it. Many more are getting the plication with the lb ( not sure why they would need it?) the worst criticizes of the procedures are... Those who don't have it and haven't put the research in! There are pros and cons to every wls and I believe you can rock any one if you put the effort in! Good luck with your choice! For those that are wondering, I have great blood flow and do not have stomach rot lol, I'm not cold either;)

Thanks for replying Bos123...I'm glad to hear you are doing well. It's just dang hard to do the research to make an informed choice when there isnt much to be found, or at least I haven't found it yet! LOL

I completely agree! And more often than not people do great with the sleeve! I have other reasons personally for choosing the plication as well so I'm treating this opportunity as a gift and running with it;) good luck to all!

I completely agree! And more often than not people do great with the sleeve! I have other reasons personally for choosing the plication as well so I'm treating this opportunity as a gift and running with it;) good luck to all!

Good for good luck that's all that matter