Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IS IT TRUE AFTER 6 MONTHS

Is it true after 6 months you don't continue to loose the weight like you first did?

I'm just 6 months out and have lost 80lbs and loving it' date=' once was 318lbs... Now down to 238lbs! My goal is 140 so that means I have 98 more to loose!

Do any of the veteran sleevers know if this is going to stop? I had a month and half stall and just with in the last 2 weeks dropped 10lbs!

Scared to death, well maybe not death but nervous it isn't going to happen:)[/quote']

Wow this is good to know as I am someone still hoping to be approved. I now know to make the best of the first six months.

Yes - this is absolutely correct. Also' date=' keep in mind that there is no "magic window of ideal loss" like with the RNY. Your sleeve is your sleeve and the size it is around one year out is about as large as it will get. What I eat at more than two years out is only slightly more than I ate at one year out, and it's still a fraction of what I ate prior to surgery.

I'm saying this to prevent you and others from panicking needlessly because they haven't reached goal before one year. There is no rule about how quickly you need to reach goal and your ability to lose continues for the rest of your life. Even people that experience regains could rather easily go back to basics and lose weight again several years post op. I reached goal in seventeen months, at a pace of just over six pounds a month (with two nine week stalls for good measure) and found that yes, it took more time to shed pounds the closer I got to goal weight (6 months to drop the last 20 pounds) but it wasn't any more difficult than losing weight in the beginning. I simply kept up the same healthy diet plan and eventually got to my goal.

Good luck,

~Cheri[/quote']

Thanks so much I'm okay with it taking longer then I expected! I'm just hoping I get to goal and if its slow its slow, I love this information it helps with the questions I never asked! It's good good to know I will get there as long as I continue to use my tools right it will work as long as I realize it! Thank you:)

I lost about 90 pounds in the first 6 months post-op. The goal set for the 2nd half of the year is 60 more pounds. Doc said some will do more, some will do less. It just gets harder. So far, I've been on track losing 10 pounds in the 7th month.

I lost 115 the first 6 months and only 5 this past month. If I can continue to lose 5 per month for the next 5 months I will have lost 145 total pounds - which is AMAZING!!!! I'm so thankful for the sleeve!!!!

I was 292 day of surgery, 208 at 6 month check up( few days past actual 6 month date). So 84 pounds in 6 months! My original goal was 180, doc feels I could actually be 170 by 1 year mark! Wow! So this morning I was 200 even! Onederland is right around the corner!! 307 was highest pre surgery diet weight- so I'm already 100 pounds down! I lose 7-10 pounds a month now, and I am fine with that! My skin is tightening up, my hair is growing back, life is great!!!!!

I believe it is true, but only if you continue to let the sleeve do the heavy lifting. If you dedicate yourself to a solid exercise plan and continue to eat healthy, I think you can probably keep up the weight loss to your end goal.

The problem that occurs at six months is generally people can eat like they did pre sleeve albeit smaller portions. A lot of folks relax their eating and, if they are not careful, will significantly slow down their weight loss. This is only from my reading so I do not have any actual anecdotal or empirical evidence to back up these statements. And of course everyone is different in terms of metabolism, etc.

If you wish to keep losing at a significant clip, my advice is to get or stay active and watch your nutritional diet as your sleeve may not help you as much.

Could hunger returning have something to do with it being harder to lose after 6 months? I'm a slow loser and am 6 weeks out and have no hunger, so I worry how I will do if/when my hunger starts returning,

They call the first year the 'honeymoon period'. It is when you can lose the most....but you must stick to the program. No cheating. They told us at the seminar, this is not a diet, it's a new way of life. That is fine, BUT until I reached goal, I treated this as the most important diet of my life. NOTHING sweet, nothing fried.....touched my lips!!! Carbonated drinks....NEVER. Alcohol, every so often AFTER reaching goal. I didn't touch a thing until after I'd been at goal for a good six months. I reached goal quickly, but I was, as my nurse said 'rigid'. It worked for me. I weighted or measured everything I ate when we were at home, I still do most of the time. I still keep an on line food log. Now at almost 3 years out, I feel like I live like a naturally thin person. Life is good, and I never feel deprived. Sometimes I have something sweet more than I should......but with little or no hunger, it is easy to lose a few lbs after vacation or Christmas!!! (still no hunger but my 'new' hunger is more of an empty feeling!!) Good luck!!

Could hunger returning have something to do with it being harder to lose after 6 months? I'm a slow loser and am 6 weeks out and have no hunger' date=' so I worry how I will do if/when my hunger starts returning,[/quote']

Yes, hunger can certainly make it harder.

Yes' date=' hunger can certainly make it harder.[/quote']

Fiddleman how I'm I going to be able to stalk you now that you changed your profile pic!

Fiddleman how I'm I going to be able to stalk you now that you changed your profile pic!

Gotta' keep my image up to date with my progress. :) for all my efforts, I cannot seem to upload a focused picture to VST. It keeps getting downgraded with low resolution. Darn!

Wow, my own cyber stalker. Cool! Feel free to join my fan club. i have tshirts and caps! Don't worry, I cyber stalk a few people on here as well. Good learning experience.

Join!! Fiddleman I'm the president of

"the Fiddleman stalkers unite" fan club! :P

I'm also trying to get one started for butterbean

He he he he....

Join!! Fiddleman I'm the president of

"the Fiddleman stalkers unite" fan club! :P

I'm also trying to get one started for butterbean

He he he he....

You put a smile on my face Laura. I love reading your posts.