Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a nurse practitioner and just had the sleeve.

My sleeve was 12/28, I had a surgeon who does a single incision approach and my BMI and body type allowed it.

A weird complication I did not expect was Migraine triggers . Which for me is lying around too much, post stress headache, low sugar, low fluids. Soooo perfect storm, I got imitrex injection in hospital, but it returned and I suffered through one night until I could get melt in your mouth med called in. Just something I had not planned on.

The other thing is severe aversion to sweetness, so here the clear Liquid Protein supplement has been impossible. Isopure, and a couple others all resulted in terrible nausea, and after vomiting day 2 I said forget it.

My weight was 265 when I decided to proceed with surgical option . BMI 42, morbid obesity, which surprised people I know, guess being tall helped to hide some of it. The funny thing is that on a day when I felt good , thought I looked good, I would see a photo and say " wow, awful" . Course that's when I allowed a picture to be taken.

After a liver diet for 2-3 weeks, minus Christmas dinner ( mostly meat), I lost 17lb.

I weighed to day and I am 242 on Clear liquids.

Today is the first day I don't feel like a sick person. No pain meds, drinking more liquids, learning about my stomach. I am looking forward to full liquids, and today I actually felt some hunger. I will enjoy scrambled eggs and cottage cheese in 2 weeks, that's what I thought today.

I have read some blogs where people have had no nausea, are getting in all,the fluids , and Proteins in that first week. I am happy for them for sure, but oddly these minor issues I am having is teaching me more about me new stomach, and i appreciate that it's not all roses.

As an NP I counsel pt on lifestyle changes all the time, I eat whole foods, am active, and have some advanced knowledge of nutrition. What I can't control well is the metabolic dysfunction associated with my obesity, and the losing battle over my 45 yrs. I am excited now to put into practice my knowledge and have this tool as leverage to beat obesity metabolic dysfunction .

congrats on your sleeve and a soon to be brand new healthier you! :D

Welcome!

I am glad you joined the forum. I hope your complications are few and beatable.

Congrats from a fellow NP.

My sleeve was 12/28' date=' I had a surgeon who does a single incision approach and my BMI and body type allowed it.

A weird complication I did not expect was Migraine triggers . Which for me is lying around too much, post stress headache, low sugar, low fluids. Soooo perfect storm, I got imitrex injection in hospital, but it returned and I suffered through one night until I could get melt in your mouth med called in. Just something I had not planned on.

The other thing is severe aversion to sweetness, so here the clear liquid Protein supplement has been impossible. Isopure, and a couple others all resulted in terrible nausea, and after vomiting day 2 I said forget it.

My weight was 265 when I decided to proceed with surgical option . BMI 42, morbid obesity, which surprised people I know, guess being tall helped to hide some of it. The funny thing is that on a day when I felt good , thought I looked good, I would see a photo and say " wow, awful" . Course that's when I allowed a picture to be taken.

After a liver diet for 2-3 weeks, minus Christmas dinner ( mostly meat), I lost 17lb.

I weighed to day and I am 242 on Clear Liquids.< /p>

Today is the first day I don't feel like a sick person. No pain meds, drinking more liquids, learning about my stomach. I am looking forward to full liquids, and today I actually felt some hunger. I will enjoy scrambled eggs and cottage cheese in 2 weeks, that's what I thought today.

I have read some blogs where people have had no nausea, are getting in all,the fluids , and Proteins in that first week. I am happy for them for sure, but oddly these minor issues I am having is teaching me more about me new stomach, and i appreciate that it's not all roses.

As an NP I counsel pt on lifestyle changes all the time, I eat whole foods, am active, and have some advanced knowledge of nutrition. What I can't control well is the metabolic dysfunction associated with my obesity, and the losing battle over my 45 yrs. I am excited now to put into practice my knowledge and have this tool as leverage to beat obesity metabolic dysfunction .

[/quote']

Congrats!