Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you need after the sleeve?

I am set for surgery on the 14th and I am trying to line up everything I will need. I would love to hear what everyone needed or wished they had the first few weeks. I will need to order online so trying to get it here before I leave for the hospital.

My list so far:

Multi-vit

Calcium

B-12

Gas-x

Prilosec/Pepcid

Small pillow

Assortment of Protein Shakes and Clear liquids

Thanks in advance.

Heating pad was a life saver!

Is the heating pad to lay over your stomach? That does sound like a good idea' date=' my surgery is tomorrow[/quote']

It really helped me with the gas pains after. I used mine on my stomach, over my shoulder, and across my chest... Depending on where the pain was.

Yes I used it on my stomach.

I was given a "binder" for my abdomen at the hospital. It has made everything much more comfortable. I would ask for one or order one if need be. Some people on here have said they didn't like them, but I don't think I could have survived without it.

I enjoyed the packets of egg drop Soup, I just didn't add the egg. I was on Clear Liquids for first week and this was my favorite! SF Jello and Popsicles were nice too, I was able to chew and feel satisfied. I find that warm liquids go down easier so I love my camomile tea too. For week 2 I am using the unflavored Protein in just about everything. I didn't get much protein first week on clears, stomach couldn't handle acidity of Isopure. I know a lot of people use the Unjury broth. I was told not to worry to much about anything other than hydration and resting to insure healing. Some items I was suggested to have at home from Dr were gas x strips, dial soap, gauze, gentle tape and heating pad. I'm 2.5 weeks out and it gets easier every day!

I agree with the heating pad. It really helped when the gas moved between my shoulders.

Heating pad was a life saver for me! I also used sf Popsicles as a main source of getting fluids in the first few days home ! Best wishes and let us know how you make out

Measure yourself b4 u go in & u will need a pill crusher for any drugs/vitamins that r not liquid. Message me direct if u have meds u need to crush, I will try to tell u what I learned thru trial and error

Pain meds...lots and lots or pain meds. And a time machine so I could fast forward to 8 week...ha ha! Seriously, my best purchase was a wedge pillow that u can get at a pharmacy store. It made sleeping easier. It made it easy to get out of bed to because I wasn't in a complete laying down position.

Thank you everyone, some great items I didn't think of.

Rosehips- I plan to use the Wellnesse liquid. I searched on the here earlier today and saw them recommended. I almost think it was you that posted. (Or a similar profile picture). Have you tried them?

In the hospital, I could not have made it without my heating pad. A lot of posts that I have read from others mentioned having a small pillow on hand too. (To help with coughing, getting up, rolling over, etc)

Post-op, I could not have made it without my broth. That stayed in when nothing else would! I am a reforming coffee addict ;) , so hot tea, in many flavors, has become my go to. (caffeine free, of course)

I am two weeks post-op, and am still having difficulty with my shakes even when I thin them. My Protein supplement has been with the Herbalife beverage mix. Good Protein, but the consistency is more like a juice, and not thick like the shakes.< /p>

I stocked up on the Protein Shakes also- I am a long time fan of my Protein Shakes, but I have yet to be able to drink my shakes without getting nauseated. Maybe keep an alternative protein source on hand.

Seems like your well prepared to me. Though I never needed it the Gas-x was a life saver for the lady across the hall from me. Like the others said the pillow comes in handy. Just make sure your well stocked on the clear liquids for when you get home. Good luck!

Yes I did do wellese so that worked out well for my Vitamins. I had prescription meds I had to take that were pill form.

Currently I have stopped using the Wellesse. I have some acid reflux going on since I am on solid foods. Water can even give me acid reflux. Anyhow w/ the Wellesse I was taking Multivitamin, Calcium, Protein, B12 sublingual, Iron. It was just too many 1 oz gulps FOR ME. I now take something else but I am not the poster girl for Vitamins. Sounds like you have made a good decision for now. Also, I personally did not start vitamins until 14 days out. I was worried the first week that I was not getting them in. My doc said not to worry, this is not nutrition for a month, it is nutrition for a lifetime. I calmed down and everything is going fine overall and I bet my acid reflux would be better if I would chew more and slower.