Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should i be able to eat this?

No I appreciate it - this am I had only half a shake and it felt better and didn't hurt as much

Measure, Measure, Measure, oh did I say measure? lol I have scales and liquid measurig cup. I know for myself if I keep on the schedule of set meal times and set protien shakes that I don't have any need to eat more.

I'm a year out and I still measure and weigh things. Serve yourself a portion and pack the rest away.

Ok thanks ladies I feel like I have like 10 wives now but that's okay we guys need wives to keep us in order and to keep society civilized. Thanks. :)

Dude are you still on high doses of narcotics? Babble babble wives to keep us..... Babble blah blah. Just kidding ! listen to the girls they are right (as usual) measure for a while it helps in the long run to make changes now! I am 13 months out and wifey laughs when she sees me counting out my 7 reduced fat triscuits.

Dude are you still on high doses of narcotics? Babble babble wives to keep us..... Babble blah blah. Just kidding ! listen to the girls they are right (as usual) measure for a while it helps in the long run to make changes now! I am 13 months out and wifey laughs when she sees me counting out my 7 reduced fat triscuits.

How sad is it that I sit here going "I want to be able to eat seven triscuits!" and thinking of how good they would taste?

Try the looks and eye rolls you get counting out 10 almonds.

Cat tracks and vsginnj, why would you guys be so far out and still counting things? I mean, I would think by now you could eyeball a portion of food and tell whether or not your body could handle it?

This worries me because it doesn't seem like any kind of life at all counting Freakin' tricuits or almonds, for God's sake! I'm just sayin'.

Sure, I can eyeball things and do when I am eating away from home. When I am at home and packing my lunch for the day I measure. I also log everything single I eat into My Fitness Pal. It takes 10 minutes or less and keeps me on track.

I can "handle" a lot more food that I should actually be eating.

What's 10 minutes out of my life?

Cat tracks and vsginnj' date=' why would you guys be so far out and still counting things? I mean, I would think by now you could eyeball a portion of food and tell whether or not your body could handle it?

This worries me because it doesn't seem like any kind of life at all counting Freakin' tricuits or almonds, for God's sake! I'm just sayin'.[/quote']

Probably to guarantee their success and keep them on track. I think it's pretty easy to slip back into old habits. Keeps them honest.

Cat tracks and vsginnj' date=' why would you guys be so far out and still counting things? I mean, I would think by now you could eyeball a portion of food and tell whether or not your body could handle it?

This worries me because it doesn't seem like any kind of life at all counting Freakin' tricuits or almonds, for God's sake! I'm just sayin'.[/quote']

My good eye was part of how I got here...I like my new life too much to turn back now . I'm practical and don't obsess but have learned over the last year what a half of cup of grits looks like and it's way less than a half was last year. For me the rigidity helped establish new good habits.

I'm 4 days postoperative and I was just able to eat 4/5 a can of chunky Soup that I blenderized first - chicken rice gumbo. A can is 24 ounces.

Does this seem like too much to u guys?

I think my surgeon uses a pretty big boogie in men and I think he said size 40?

Just wondering some of your thoughts

At this early on, should you be eating chunky soup(even though pureed)? I was still on liquids at this point. If not advised by your doctor it is not wise to experiment with food as your stomach has just gone through major trauma and is desensitized. You could be causing yourself some harm. Be careful.

Ok thanks ladies I feel like I have like 10 wives now but that's okay we guys need wives to keep us in order and to keep society civilized. Thanks. :)

You are a smart man to realize that!

At this early on' date=' should you be eating chunky soup(even though pureed)? I was still on liquids at this point. If not advised by your doctor it is not wise to experiment with food as your stomach has just gone through major trauma and is desensitized. You could be causing yourself some harm. Be careful.[/quote']

I was on purée day 4 (under surgeons advice).