Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello my name is Kimo. I have done everything Kaiser has asked of me, now I am just waiting to meet my surgeon on Jan. 10, 2012.

Only been over weight for about 10 years and I'm tired of battling diets, etc.. The sleeve is my choice because bypass has potentiel for ulcers and malnutrition. Having had surgically repaired ulcer/s I am in now looking to do something that can cause more. Ulcers, bleeding are no joke!! No disrespect towards anyone who has or will have bypass. It's just not for me.

I do have one question that I seem to be finding hard to get a solid answer to. What are the Vitamin requirements Pre & Postsurgery? Does anyone have or know of a broken down list of what to take and when to take? Yes, I know, I should already know this, but I got side tracked with wanting the Bypass surgery. I fully understand how to do and what to do for the Bypass. Any help and or comment could and would be helpful.

Lastly, Is anyone out there living in the Antelope Valley, CA. area or near by who's interested in support giving and getting???

Thanks to whomever reads and or responds.

KM

Welcome. My nutritionist specifies Multivitamins, B-12, Iron and Calcium. Some others have gotten different direction from their nutritionists. I have looked for a list specifying what should be in the multiple Vitamin, but have not found one.

Hello, I am a Kaiser patient and the list of Vitamins will be given to u the day of scheduling the surgery. i received mine on the consult date. Along with a diet by the week. Please follow it carefully and you will be successful. I had my surgery on December 19th of 2011 and i followed the plan my surgeon gave me to the T. i reached my goal weight at 10 months.

Good Luck!!

I'm kaiser as we. They provided us with a binder of information throughout the process

Thank you for all the responces!

Hello, I am a Kaiser patient and the list of Vitamins will be given to u the day of scheduling the surgery. i received mine on the consult date. Along with a diet by the week. Please follow it carefully and you will be successful. I had my surgery on December 19th of 2011 and i followed the plan my surgeon gave me to the T. i reached my goal weight at 10 months.

Good Luck!!

This is somewhat what I have been needing to hear / read. Thank you so very much! I'm in envy of your personal stats!!

Thank You Kimo. I can chat whenever you need more help.

Good Luck and I wish you much success.

@Angelarda,

Hi! As I scanned over your profile I noticed a few things, one being, only a single day hospital stay. We, bariatric class, were told we'd be in hospital a minimum of three days. What was your first couple days like after getting back home?

Wow, a hundred and ten LBS. AWESOME!! Bet you have guys tripping over another trying to get dates.

Will stop here for now before my flirtyness scares you away. lol

Have a great day/weekend & Happy New Year!!

Hi Kimo, I have kaiser insurance is an impatient procedure. One day was all I needed. I had a rough couple of days because i am not a home body, I was up walking around in the hospital floor every 2hours. I was determined to get back to my walking routine.I walked 3 miles 5days a week before surgery and was eager to get back to business. Only 50 mins to do that. My doctor was awesome!! The more I moved around the more the gas was released. I stopped taking pain meds 4 days after surgery. If you have anymore questions I can help u with just ask as long as they pertain to the surgery or results. lol

Happy new Year to u also,

Welcome! Fingers crossed for a good mtg with your surgeon. As for Vitamins, I got all that info from my doc's nurse when I scheduled my sleeve and also at discharge.

@Angelarda.................Sorry meant no disrespect!

@ThecurvyJ.................Thank you!! Good luck to you and your adventure