Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chili recipe or canned suggestion

I've seen a lot of mentions of chili, does anyone have a recipe or canned suggestion?

You can try Wolf Brand turkey chili. It's not too bad. Or get a package of McCormick's chili mix (make sure to grab the low sodium version) or any other mix that strikes your fancy and a pound of ground turkey meat. You usually need either a can of chopped tomatoes or Tomato sauce. Brown the meat, throw in the mix and the tomatoes and it's ready to eat in about 10-15 minutes. It's really tasty. I add some low fat shredded cheese and am in heaven. I'm from Texas so there are no Beans allowed but feel free. They'll just give you even more Protein.< /p>

Hormel 99% fat free turkey chili no Beans has less fat for canned almost as many cals as the Hormel cook off white chicken does though which is fairly good. A recipe may get you best results though as these have 6 grams sugar.

Thanks! I live in Dallas and agreed about the no beans!

I make my chili:

I pound ground turkey browned in a big pot

Then I add

I can chicken broth

2 cans black Beans

I can diced tomatoes

I small can Tomato paste

I green bell pepper

I red bell pepper chopped into small pieces

I small onion chopped into small pieces

Then I will add chili powder and salt to taste or you can just buy a packet of chili spices and ignore the recipe and dump it in!

My husband and kids love it

Don't know how far out the OP is. When I first got off liquids, I ate Wendy's chili a lot.

I have been eating anti-chili - meat with riced cauliflour and spinnach and butternut squash and lima beans...much better than it sounds!

I use the McCormick pkg. but I add one can of light red kidney Beans and a can of pinto beans. Tastes just like Wendy's without the onions and bell peppers (which I don't care for).

my recipe:

I pound ground turkey browned in a pan. Add cumin, chili powder, oregano, and rosemary. I chop 1 onion (preferably sweet), green pepper and fresh garlic. Let that cook together.

Then in large pot, I add meat mix, can of each: black Beans, red or pinto beans and white beans.

I cheat a little by using 1 large jar of Prego spaghetti sauce. I never measure, but go by taste.

My chili recipe is very simple and from my mother

1 lb of ground turkey or lean beef

2 cans of campbell's Tomato Soup

2 cans of kidney Beans

Cook meat

Mix cans of Soup and kidney Beans together in pot (don't add water). Then add meat to beans and soup. Keep stirring. Cook for about an hour or more, until beans are soft. Add chili pepper, garlic, onion powder, and black pepper. Tastes pretty good to me!