Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why wont you just block Fishy....he makes the entire site look bad. He doesnt get that you are talking to him and his nastiness....maybe if you would direct your message to the person it is meant for.

I understand your frustration, when a specific member needs to be addressed, we do so, privately.

Why wont you just block Fishy....he makes the entire site look bad. He doesnt get that you are talking to him and his nastiness....maybe if you would direct your message to the person it is meant for.

Fishy doesn't make this site look bad. I will admit at first he rubbed me wrong then I thought about long & hard & he IS right. The only thing that stops us from admitting we had surgery is shame, fat person syndrome. We've all spent our entire lives worry about what OTHERS thought about us, it's not different with this.

Who cares if you are judged for it, you really think you weren't being judge for being a fat ass? Because honey I guarantee you we ALL were. Everyone judges, for everything. How you look, what you drive, what you wear, your taste in music.. you name it people judge.

I say let them judge, who the hell cares, we are making choices to better ourselves to make ourselves healthier & happier! If someone wants to judge me because I used medicine to my advantage to lose weight so I can see my kids grow up, fine let them.

Fishy doesn't make this site look bad. I will admit at first he rubbed me wrong then I thought about long & hard & he IS right. The only thing that stops us from admitting we had surgery is shame, fat person syndrome. We've all spent our entire lives worry about what OTHERS thought about us, it's not different with this.

Who cares if you are judged for it, you really think you weren't being judge for being a fat ass? Because honey I guarantee you we ALL were. Everyone judges, for everything. How you look, what you drive, what you wear, your taste in music.. you name it people judge.

I say let them judge, who the hell cares, we are making choices to better ourselves to make ourselves healthier & happier! If someone wants to judge me because I used medicine to my advantage to lose weight so I can see my kids grow up, fine let them.

I suppose you are right. I still dont want to announce it to the world. But I wont be so afraid to tell anyone who asks. I am freakin 25 years old, Im not in high school anymore so I shouldnt be so worried about people talking shizz.

If you choose to share with others, that is fine. If you choose not to, that is fine as well. Everyone has their own personal reasons for choosing to share or not share. That is what is amazing about our bodies, it is the one thing we truly own and can choose to do with as we please. Your body, your choice. It is not my place to judge whether you choose to share you choice to have surgery with others, anymore than it is your place to judge me and whether I chose to share my choice. I also choose to be respectful of your choices, and not place labels upon you for those choices.

This is incorrect. I live in an at will state as well. My wife just won her latest court case defending a man who was fired for no reason from a large optical chain in Western NY. Just a few months before that GM lost a case in federal court after firing employees after they were caught drinking on the job. The FMLA has nothing to do with it as the FMLA is federal and most states have a similar act for private sector companies of less than 50 employees.

But I'm sure you're right, you went to law school right? Oh wait..,

A woman was fired for being too attractive and just lost her appeal to the state supreme court. Earlier this year a bunch of people in Florida were fired for wearing the color orange to work. You can lose your job for almost anything and that includes not showing up to work for an unapproved absence. I'm glad that doesn't apply to you but unfortunately it does to many of the rest of us.

http://www.clickonde...lo/-/index.html

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1047960

At first I swore I wouldn't tell anyone. I was so embarrassed! But now that I've actually had it done (6 days post op - down 12lbs) I don't feel that way anymore. I'm not going to scream it from the rooftops, but if someone asks I am pogoing to proudly say "I had weight loss surgery" because what do I care what someone else's opinion is as long as I am seeing results? If anyone wants to talk negatively about my decision they will have to speak up if they want me to hear them from the losers bench, where ill be sitting in my single digit size clothes :)

Both of those cases the workers sign a stipulation clause... Nevermind. Arguing with a fool is a waste of time.

Looks like someone got lost on the way to the Steelers board

Florida is an at will state you can lose your job and not be given a reason

You can be let go for any reason that does not violate state and federal laws EEOC has to do with protected class of discrimination

An at will state does not have to give you a reason to fire you but you have to prove your discrimination case if you have one. Perhaps you should research more

Being fired because your hair is red is not discrimination unless you can prove how you were discriminated against.

This is an excerpt from forum rules. Let's refrain from personal attacks.

5. Members will treat each other with courtesy and respect, especially when they disagree. We understand that bright, intelligent and educated people may not always agree, but personal attacks in the form of insults, abusive language or other means of obvious harassment will not be tolerated.

- Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

- If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

I am very surprised at how little the general public's knowledge is about the sleeve. When I have told someone they see. To get mixed up with the lap band. I have had to explain no they do not put a sleeve on my stomach several times. So when you do tell educate.

I am so excited about my sleeve that I want to shout it from the mountaintop! I sure wish someone would have told me about this surgery years ago! There is no way that I'm ashamed of having this surgery, because without it I would still be in a very dark depressing place. If I can help just one person lose weight and feel better about themselves it is worth putting my personal life out there!

I told my family and no one else. I told work I was having a procedure for my heart. Being out for a voluntary surgery would have gotten me fired. Given heart issues I've had in the past this wasn't that far off from the truth. I was out for a week and said that I was on a special diet because of the surgery. No one ever questioned it. It's now almost 7 weeks and everyone is used to looking at a smaller me and doesn't even comment anymore.

We all have different situations in life. You have to do whatever works for you. If you like me can't tell without risking something really negative then don't tell. If you'll get support then you are probably better off telling. Only you know what works best in your situation.

You were only off work for a week?

I guess it's a personal decision. I initially didn't plan on telling anyone except for close friends and family. Now that I'm sleeved and have had a text book recovery I'm not ashamed to say that I had the sleeve and I've talked about it a couple of times on my Facebook page. If it wasn't for the honesty of this one lady that I met, I wouldn't of even know about the sleeve or that all you need is a 40 BMI to qualify. I guess I feel that if I can help a person in my situation then it's worth it :)

It really is a personal decision. I myself am a private person. I don't divulge a whole lot about my family life and other things going on with me. So me shouting out to the whole world I'm going for wls is not a stretch for me.

I have been going to the gym for the past month and half and I still have to get my wls date scheduled this week. Alot of ppl I know have been seeing me working out there. I live in a small area. So after my surgery, which I suspect will be in January 2013 sometime, ppl will see I'm really dropping weight and will assume it's all because I've been hitting the gym. Of course I will still go to the gym after my surgery. Now I'm not going to lie if someone ask if I had wls, but I'm just not volunteering the info, just like alot of other things I dont volunteer about my personal life.