Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i have a 'drinking problem'

i cannot get enough Fluid in me and i am somewhat dehydrated. my mouth is really dry - a lot even after i just drank something - and my skin (mainly back of my ankles and legs) is so dry that they are starting to crack.

i just do not drink much. i'm not very thirsty and have to tell myself to drink. even then it is very little. for instance today at work (i was there 9+ hours) i had less than 1/3 mug of tea. i maybe have about 20 ounces of fluid at home during the evening and i know this is not nearly enough to hydrate myself.

i am going to work out tomorrow and am worried that i will not be hydrated enough to do much.

thoughts??

thanks,

losing jusme

I try to get a minimum of 64 oz of Water in me per day. However, I do not always get that. I know that dehydrated feeling. So, this is what I've done that helps me. I have a cup that I've measured how much water it holds. And I use the same cup every day and I know I have to drink 4 of those per day of water. When I finish the first one, I tell myself "3 more". So, I basically force myself somedays to drink the water necessary. Other days, I drink 8 or 9 of those cups of water. It is something I am very conscious about.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you have a problem getting the fluids, you will have to force yourself to be more aware of your Fluid intake. You will also find your weight loss increase with increase of water intake. I read somewhere once, that a huge percentage of people are dehydrated and don't even know it. Good luck and hope that you are able to find a solution to increase your fluid intake.

Help me out here... I read somewhere the it did not matter if your liquid was Water or coffee or tea as long as it was water based. Like crystal lite.

I drink lots of water in the summer but have problems when the weather cools and I change to drinking more tea and coffee. So, experts out there, does the liquid needed have to be water?

I personally, would stick to Water or crystal light. I drink a lot of fruit 2 0 for a change instead of drinking just plain water. I noticed a huge difference in the way I look and feel when I get my 64 ounces in daily. You should really try to bump up your intake of water.

Northernsun, beverages with caffeine are worth about 2/3 of what non-caffeinated beverages would be worth with regard to your Fluid intake. Go ahead and indulge, just be aware that the diuretic effect means you need to take in even more liquids.< /p>

I struggle with getting enough liquid in me too (unless it's wine, then no problem whatsoever). I do notice that if I am not hydrated enough, I get muscle cramps when I work out so it is important.

Since getting the band, I have been making myself drink flavored Water. I drink 16oz. of Propel Fitness Water from Gatorade. It's not overly sweet and only has 20 calories. I get a 24 bottle case from Sam's. It comes bundled with three flavors - mixed berry, mango and mandarine orange.

If I get that down, I refill the bottle with water from our water cooler. I also have been trying to drink another bottle - usually fruit 2.0 - at home. That's another 16oz but I sometimes can't get all of that down.

It's really hard if you have a job where you are using your hands for other things (like typing) and really have to make an effort to take a sip! I keep the bottle in my line of vision so it "reminds" me to take a drink.

PatU

Maybe this will motivate more drinking! I too used to have a problem with drinking enough until I was told by a trainer that the body is not able to flush fat out of the body without adequate Fluid intake.

This is the way he described it (for those who are doctors and nurses I know this isn't exactly right, but hopefully I don't butcher this too badly): As the body burns fat, the fat that is released from the fat cells goes back into the blood stream. The blood is filtered by certain organs and the waste from the filtering is excreted by the kidneys in the form of urine. If you don't drink enough Water, the kidneys can't flush the fat from the body.

Bottom line - you may be burning fat but if you don't drink enough Water your body can't get rid of it!

I just started drinking a Drink Called ZipFizz. Its sold at costco and there are 20 tubes(used with 16.9 to 20 oz bottles of Water. Its citris flavored and is very good. Has a bunch of stuff in it thats good for you. (If I wasn't babysitting My Grand daughter I'd grab a tube and list everythi ng here. It really helps take the edge off the day. Just don't drink it before bed cause it gives you energy and you won't sleep.

Also remenber any thing that is a liquid in form at room tempature counts towards you Fluid intake.

Ok went to google and looked it up:

Zipfizz Healthy Energy Drink Mix - 20 Tubes

The Healthy Alternative to Sports and Energy Drinks!

Zipfizz is an all-natural, berry or citrus flavored, effervescent drink-mix powder that delivers a powerful charge of micronutrients to the body's fuel system. It contains no ephedra or other artificial stimulants. Most people experience an immediate, revitalizing burst of energy after taking Zipfizz. Zipfizz is healthy energy in a tube! Give your body a rush of Vitamins, minerals and key amino acids to protect the immune system. Zipfizz has created an advanced formula that provides a significant amount of Vitamins, fewer calories, lower carbohydrates, superior taste, variety and unique packaging! Simply put, it's different because it's good for you! Use Zipfizz as a morning or afternoon pick-me-up, or enhance your training by taking it before, during, or after a hard workout. Because Zipfizz contains no sugar, users will experience an increased energy level for up to 2 - 3 hours with out the sudden "crash" associated with other energy drinks. Add one tube of Zipfizz to a 16 - 20 oz. glass of drinking Water. 0 sugar 1 carb 5 calories Vitamin C 500 mg Vitamin E 10 IU Thiamin 0.38 mg Riboflavin 0.43 mg Niacin 10 mg Vitamin B6 2.5 mg Vitamin B12 2500 mcg Pantothenic Acid 2.5 mg Calcium 60 mg Magnesium 100 mg Zinc 2 mg Selenium 5 mcg Manganese 1 mg Chromium 100 mcg Sodium 60 mg Potassium 940 mg 20 servings

Thanks for the reminder- I had forgotten the caffene rule. Guess i will have to try harder to pump Water through me. I actually found crystal lite to be too sweet for me now- weird- there is a new product out - little pouches of lemon and lime that can be used in receipes and drinks. One of each in a bottle of water gives a great tasting no calorie drink.

thanks everyone for their replies. i am making an effort to THINK about drinking, but it's so difficult cause i'm busy at work...

i never thought about flushing the fat away.

of course the times i DO think about drinking i cant b/c i am eating or have just eaten. go figure!

i will drink until my eyes float ... :faint:

thanks!

losing jusme

I don't worry about "water" per se, but I strive to intake a minumum of 64 ounces of Fluid every day. I read an article on a recent study that said that caffeine drinks and non-caffeine drinks are no different in terms of providing hydration. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but after I read it, I ran with it. They studied people's hydration levels and the caffeine-drinking group was no less hydrated than the non-caffeine group. I drink diet iced tea, flavored waters, Decaf coffee and regular coffee and as long as I get my 64 ounces of "fluid" in, I feel happy.

May I appeal to vanity? I find that my skin is much less like crepe when I am hydrated. It is very important to you to drink Water, it facilitates cleansing out your burned calories, ie fat. It really helps you to loose weight. You run the risk of kidney stones, and gall bladder problems if you are chronically underhydrated.

I understand that for women, their skin is the dip stick of your overall heallth. Your skin is telling you to drink.

Another thought is that sometimes when you feel hungry, you really are thirsty. I also believe that muscles burn fat better when they are hydrated. So to my way of thinking, you do not want to sabotage your own weightloss efforts.

Drink, drink,drink!!