Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the Joyous news be spread: New Jersey votes yes on Gay civil union!

Sunta

I'm not going to quote the bible or bash anyones beliefs on this. I am only stating a fact.

Two women cannot physically make a child together. Our creator made our bodies in a way that you needed one man AND one woman to create a child. In that respect, we call this union a marriage.

If two women want to be together, that is their choice. However, they need a sperm from a man to create a child. Be together, but do not call it a marriage.

As much as I like my gay friends, I am concerned for their children. What do they say to their children about how babies are made? How do they explain that a man was needed to for them to be born?

Sorry....I don't see the correlation between parenthood and marriage. Neither is dependent on the other. Plenty of people (too many,maybe) have children but never bother to get married.

Producing children is merely biology. Gay couples adopt or utilize IVF etc to create their families. So do straight couples.

I have an adopted son. I had to explain to him that a whole other set of parents was needed in order for him to be born. But no need to worry about him....he's fine. And he knows how babies are made, too. Now he's hoping that his 17 year old knows how NOT to make them.

I already know this is going to not set well with alot of you, but got too do it. For those who believe in the Bible here is some answers to this. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 1 Timothy 1:10 Romans 1:24-27 This comes for the Bible not my judgements. Love the sinner, not the sin.:P

I totally agree with you Carol! :clap2: :clap2:

Me and my husband go back and forth on this issue. What I am about to say will probably get a lot of people mad, but here is my opinion. I don't believe in gay marriage. And here is the reason, when me and my husband were just living together he wasn't on my insurance from work. He wasn't allowed to use my insurance but one day I was on the doctors office and there was a man in front of me in line. He was asked for his insurance and he plainly said "I am on my partners" insurance and gave a mans name. Why can't my "partner" use my insurance card when he could use his "partner's" insurance card? I know that some people's bread is buttered on the other side and I have no opposition to that. You can love who you want to love but why make a fuss over wanting to get married to that person? If you truly love someone and you and the other person believe in your love why must you pronounce it to the world? I lived with my husband 3 years before we were married and let me tell you we do nothing different than we used to do as boyfriend and girlfriend. At least people who are gay have rights and they are not being discriminated against as much these days. Once again, I know this post will make some people very angry and I apologize ahead of time, but this is my opinion.
You lived in Sin? :P

Many companies today give an unmarried partner (of the same or opposite gender) of an employee full coverage as if they were married.

But the US government doesn't.

So the Federal government is not giving equal treatment under the law.

I am legally married to a women.

But let's say that instead of loving Tina, I had loved Tim.

In most states, if Tina and I had lived together but not gotten married, (within some time frame) the government of that state could have declared us married (by common law).

In most states, if Tim and I had lived together, we could not have gotten married if we begged the state for it.

Why do we allow the government to control us like that?

They would force Tina and me to be married, but stop Tim and me from getting married. That does not sound like equal treatment under the law by state governments either.

By the way, Tina and I will have to get divorced because she can no longer bear children, so there is no need for us to be married. :faint:

If I were dying and in ICU, Tina could visit me, but Tim could not.

If I died and left my money to Tina, no one could challenge it.

But if I died after living with Tim for 40 years and raising 3 adopted children, and I left my money to Tim, any blood relative could challenge my will.

If I die first, Tina will be able to collect a Social Security check under my account.

If I die, Tim would not be able to collect a Social Security check under my account, even though our arrangement was for him to stay home and raise 3 children and take care of the house while I worked outside. I am sure all of you women know who really did the work in that family.

This is a matter of fairness.

The same arguments that are used against Gays now were used against Blacks and women in the past.

Do you realize that during WW11, Blacks were not integrated into the Army? They had to fight in separate infantry devisions. The fear was that Blacks could not get along with whites and most of all, God forbid, a Black might have a higher rank than a white and the white might be required to take orders from the Black.

The government also tried to stop Blacks from flying planes, but finally let some Blacks through flight school and the squadron of Black fighter pilots that was formed had the best record in the history of US aviation protecting US bombers on their flights to bomb the enemy.

Women were "allowed" to ferry planes across the ocean to get them to the UK from whence they were launched to bomb the enemy.

The US soldier did not win WW11. The people who stayed home and turned out the equipment were the ones who really won the war. And many of them were women (like "Rosie the riveter").

But who do they show as the heroes of WW11? White men!!

When Clinton's infamous "Don't ask, Don't Tell" policy took effect in 1993, the top fighter pilot in the Air Force and the top fighter pilot in the Navy, each quit the service because they were gay. It was estimated that it took $20 million to train them.

The US has lowered the standards for the military this year to meet their enlistment quotas. The military is taking in functional illiterates, people with questionable psychological and emotional problems and raised the age limit, while thousands of Gays who were trained, then booted out would be glad to return to service.

Let's call it what it is. Discrimination.

Let gays marry. If you oppose gay marriage, then don't marry someone of your own gender. I know that if Florida allows gay marriage, it will not break up the 39 year old marriage between Tina and I. Will your marriage break up if gays can marry?

TOM

Note: While I started this post with a quote from Belle and an attempt at humor, the questions were rhetorical and aimed at no one and everyone.

T.O.M. once again, yea T.O.M. You said much better and more specifically the thoughts that I tried to convey.

Tom who in the #%@## is he? I thought your partner was named Tim, what's up with that? You can bet Tim will hear about this! lol

Sorry I couldn't resist......

Tom who in the #%@## is he? I thought your partner was named Tim, what's up with that? You can bet Tim will hear about this! lol

Sorry I couldn't resist......

TOM, Tim & Tina!!

How's that for a menage a trois? :faint:

I totally agree with you Carol! :clap2: :clap2:

You don't agree with me, but the Bible the words of God....Good for you! I can say I don't agree with alot of things the Bible comes up with but don't think I am stupid enough to question the word of God. NONONO not this kid.....:P

Like the advertisement says JUST DO IT! And nobody said it would be easy either.:faint:

I can say I don't agree with alot of things the Bible comes up with but don't think I am stupid enough to question the word of God. NONONO not this kid.....

Carol...not sure I understand your post. If you don't agree with a lot of things the Bible comes up with, how is that different from questioning the word of God????

You don't agree with me, but the Bible the words of God....Good for you! I can say I don't agree with alot of things the Bible comes up with but don't think I am stupid enough to question the word of God. NONONO not this kid.....:P

Like the advertisement says JUST DO IT! And nobody said it would be easy either.:faint:

The Bible is true.

It is True because God wrote it.

I know God wrote it because the Bible says so.

AND

The Bible is true.

Some people ask me if I believe the bible was divinely inspired.

Let's stipulate that the bible was divinely inspired.

But is it not fair to ask if it was divinely translated?

But is it not fair to ask if it was divinely transcribed?

But is it not fair to ask if it was divinely interpreted?

But is it not fair to ask if the choice of which books to include was divinely inspired?

How come the Jewish version of what the Christians call the "Old Testament", has sections that are not in the "Old Testament"?

How come the Christian's "Old Testament" has sections that are not in the Jewish version of the "Old Testament"?

How come Constantine, originally a Pagan emperor of Rome hand-picked a commission to decide what sections went into the bible and what didn't go into the bible?

How come at least two English queens and two English kings made revisions in what has become the Christian Bible?

Did you know that the Roman Catholics, the Protestants and the Jews each have different versions of the 10 Commandments?

Did you know that the Roman Catholics, the Protestants and the Jews each have different versions of the 10 Commandments?

So are you saying you now agree there are indeed 10 Commandments? LOL KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING LOL