Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the Joyous news be spread: New Jersey votes yes on Gay civil union!

Sunta

I have not in anyway said I'm an expert on the Bible or the subjects thrown at me on everything from Judism to Pasta believers, or whatever.

I am a sinner just like you and do not claim to follow every little thing in the Bible. Old or New. I do listen to tapes and read the Bible. I can not even begin to answer questions on Judism or Pasta worshipers, or whatever, but I am asking forgiveness for my sins daily and only hope His grace will given in the end. I am trying to change for the better and isn't that what it's all about? I am so sorry I started this and only hope it got just even one person to thinking of something else other than wanting to make me out a bad person for my choice on that stupid banana. Or the fact that I try to live my life through God's word. "TRY" being the key word here.

The banana is gone from my signature because it seems to offend some. I chose it because it looks exactly how I feel, expecially since I started this subject. I can not believe I am being cruified for having a stupid shaking banana that has big boobs, I could not find a FAT one so this is what I settled for. Anyway it is gone for good.

This should take care of the complaints on that subject anyway. GEEZ

Carol...

I think you are a lovely person, and I agree that being a Christian doesn't mean that you can't have fun - even shake your banana tits, if you want to. But you can't just say "it's true because the Bible says so" and not expect to get some feedback. My point was that if you take every passage literally, the Bible condemns all kinds of things - not just homosexuality. And if a gay relationship is wrong because the New Testament says it is, then it's equally wrong for a woman to cut her hair, or divorce her husband, or speak her mind.

My church, by the way, agrees with you on the issue of homosexuality. I think they are wrong. I think gay people are gay just because they are, not because they chose to be part of a persecuted minority. How smart is that?

Carol...

I think you are a lovely person, and I agree that being a Christian doesn't mean that you can't have fun - even shake your banana tits, if you want to. But you can't just say "it's true because the Bible says so" and not expect to get some feedback. My point was that if you take every passage literally, the Bible condemns all kinds of things - not just homosexuality. And if a gay relationship is wrong because the New Testament says it is, then it's equally wrong for a woman to cut her hair, or divorce her husband, or speak her mind.

My church, by the way, agrees with you on the issue of homosexuality. I think they are wrong. I think gay people are gay just because they are, not because they chose to be part of a persecuted minority. How smart is that?

lol when did you get to see carols t*ts Carlene? How do you know hers are shaped like bananas? Mine are shaped more like.....TMI lol. Im over here laughing, omgosh.

lol when did you get to see carols t*ts Carlene? How do you know hers are shaped like bananas? Mine are shaped more like.....TMI lol. Im over here laughing, omgosh.

You are so BAD, Kari....

Carol, I did not say your boobs were shaped like bananas! Not that there is anything wrong with banana boobs, just in case they are.

My point was that if you take every passage literally, the Bible condemns all kinds of things - not just homosexuality. And if a gay relationship is wrong because the New Testament says it is, then it's equally wrong for a woman to cut her hair, or divorce her husband, or speak her mind.

Whatever Lord anyone wants to praise, praise the Lord for Carlene.

Carlene,Karik,Sunda I of course think you guys are all on the same page or whatever and very right on any subject you want to talk about. I do think your teasing me abit but that's okay. What's left in the world if you don't have some fun? Since none of you really know me I can tell you FUN is my middle name! Banana boobs? That is interesting...hmmmm

Anyway I know you will lose lots of weight cuz you are feeding off each other. How many calories can that be? LMA to you all. :)

lipstick.gifUs girls gotta stick together, all boobs are beutiful! Even if a shaking banana happens to wearing them...:) lol funny. But on a more serious note, it does help tremendously for me personally and im sure for you too, to have friends on LBT to talk to and question in regards to the band. I never would have guessed that the topics would turn to such unrelated to the band issues such as religion, politics, etc. But as long as we call all just try to remember what we are REALLY here for and respect each other, well hey then thats just a big bonus.

My point was that if you take every passage literally, the Bible condemns all kinds of things - not just homosexuality. And if a gay relationship is wrong because the New Testament says it is, then it's equally wrong for a woman to cut her hair, or divorce her husband, or speak her mind.

Whatever Lord anyone wants to praise, praise the Lord for Carlene.

I'll drink to that! :clap2:

The tapes are from the Bible instructed by God.
I have teased you a bit in this thread. I am a Christian, but I don't believe that either the Bible or the Qur'an are word for word true. I take them as stories with morals or meanings on how to live a proper life.

You have use the term "Bible instructed by God" quite a few times in this thread. Can you explain what "Bible instructed by God" means?

I am really curious about it.

I did a google on "Bible instructed by God" and it returned nothing.

Unfortunately this is an issue that will always have contraversy, like abortion. I believe in gay marriage. Luckily I live in the only state that has gay marriage (Go Massachusetts!!!!) and my friends, cousin, and uncle have all married in the last year.

I guess I hope that one day the religious right can embrace what I belive is a Christian value of loving and respecting others. Live and let live if you will. I respect thier right to religion and faith. However, this does not give anyone the right to force thier faith on me, my body, and my right to love another person (man or woman).

Homosexuals have long been persecuted for something which they do not decided. They have loving families and deserve the rights granted to heterosexuals by the government. The right to live and love with thier partner, and the legal rights to protect thier families.

As for those that want to "Protect" marriage, well how respected is heterosexual marriage these days? The same men that stand up in the House and Senate demanding amendments to ban gays from marrying are the same men who get caught cheating on thier wives. My uncle has been with his partner for 22 years. Do you know of many marriages that last that long? How is allowing two people in love that have been together for 22 years to marry destroying marriage? I would think it would strengthen the institution.

I do not believe that Jesus ever mention homosexuality in the New Testament.

Jesus spent more time with prostitutes, the poor and lepers than he did with the rich and powerful, so I wonder who's side Jesus would be on in this debate.

I wonder if Jesus would be a Republican or a Democrat.

Rumor:

If Jesus returned to Earth in the 21st Century,

He would be a member of the NRA,

and Drive a Hummer, as soon as He returned

from his second tour as a Master Sargent in Iraq.

Jesus spent more time with prostitutes, the poor and lepers than he did with the rich and powerful, so I wonder who's side Jesus would be on in this debate.

Rumor:

Here is my take on it...

post-205294-13813134547008_thumb.jpg

post-205294-13813134547244_thumb.jpg

post-204296-13813134240229_thumb.gif

post-204296-13813134240327_thumb.gif

Rumor:

A brochure on the door of the Episcopal Chaplain's office at Stanford University reads, "What did Jesus say about homosexuality?" When the brochure is opened the inside is completely blank. Episcopal Chaplain Penelope Duckworth explains, "For we, as Christians, pay particular attention to the words of our savior. Jesus said nothing regarding homosexuality, and in his ministry spoke more about the sins of the spirit than the sins of the body...Our reading of the Bible in its entirety is one of a loving, forgiving and nurturing God who wants us to help create a world that accepts and empowers us all." (Letter to the Editor, by Rev. Penelope Duckworth, Elizabeth Cook and Cynthia Stotts Howard, the Stanford Daily March 1990).

Guess what the sermon was about Sunday? Homosexuality, is that strange or what?

I did have to tell the minister though that I do think people are born that way, he of course disagrees with me, but since he used to be my boss (and hopefully will be again) I could not say much. We have already went round and round on this subject and we just agreed to disagree, lets all do that......

In the Lord Jesus Christ I put all my hopes and dreams

God be with you all

I wanted to apologize for picking on your banana. I hit one of my hot buttons and I should have just kept my mouth shut. I have a manager at work who wears a "Jesus 2000" lanyard and it just makes my teeth ache to hear her cursing with "Jesus" around her neck. I know I don't always please Him but I try not to flat out embarass Him. It's not up to me to say what would make Him embarassed. So, I sincerely apologize. He is the only one that truly knows our hearts. God bless you and yours and have a great day!!!