Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sinus Congestion After Eating?

I have noticed this seems to happen every time I eat a meal about the time I am full. I feel the need to blow my nose and I will start feeling stuffy. What is going on? Does this happen to anyone else?

Sometimes people get the "slimes". When you eat to fast, too much, or something that is hard to digest. Just way extra saliva in your mouth. Then there's some people that also get runny noses. I would say its a sign that you're full, or something along those lines. It's happened to me a few times.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Or... you might have food allergies. I have food allergies and one of the side effects I experienced was sinus infections. I used to get them 6 to 7 times a year. No one could figure out why. My PCP was no help. I had a number of symtoms: sluggishness, lethargy, achy runny nose, watery eyes, you name it. My PCP stareted to treat me like I was nuts. I went to an ENT that found a sinus blockage, but he couldn't understand why I got sick all of the time and sent me to an allergiest. low and behold....I'm allergic to the earth. I didn't have these as a child, but as an adult, i have them all. My food allergies are more like sensitivities, which means I don't have violent reactions, but I do have them. Since diagnosis, i have not had ONE sinus infection. Real talk: dairy, chicken and any fast forming moldy foods(berries, bread, etc) are mucus formers. I'm not trying to sound militant, but I believe a lot of our physical problems and ailments can traced back to the food we eat. You may have also developed environmental allergies. I have both. Every person that has complained about one thing or another i have suggested they get allergy tested and they have ALL come back with some interesting issues. You'd be surprised. I'm a chef that is allergic to most foods! :( I have become an allegen free chef and I grow a lot of my own foods, I bought into a herd share(raw milk and dairy) and I'm the queen of substitutions and I have not gone to visit my PCP in almost a year! No depression, no sinus infections, no muscle aches....all gone! Consider it.

My nose runs when I am full. Very normal!

I get congested and then a runny nose when I'm full. I just take it as a trigger to stop eating. I thinks it's fairly common as it has come up in support group

I am pre op and after reading these boards have realized I get a runny nose when I am full, too.