Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just want some input please

I am one week out today (sleeved 12/4) and I am feeling and doing great. Most gas pain has subsided and incision sites are also feeling much better. I can certainly tell each day I feel better and better. I just wanted some feedback a to if what I am getting in each day sounds right. I am still on all liquids so this is it.....2 Protein Shakes ( total 60 grams of protein) and 32- 45 ounces of Water (I am trying y best to increase this each day) and maybe 5-7 baby spoons of broth.

Sound right????

Hey.. I was sleeved last week too (12/3), and today is my first day getting in all my Protein and liquids. I cant really stomach the plain Water so ive been doing Vitamin water zero. Today i had 2 Protein Drinks (60g/22oz), 2 vitamin waters (40oz), and I had about 4oz of cream of chicken Soup and 4oz of cream of tomato.. Im so proud of myself today!! Youre doing well.... Just try harder everyday. We can do this!!! And btw, Im feeling reeeaaallly good!

Yes it sounds right. It will get better. Once you get past say a month you will feel better but you will have new challenges so be prepared and keep reading and researching. It has its ups and downs but in the end it will be okay ((hugs))

Thanks so much!

Tsmyle....so nice to see you are doing well also! That's great that you are getting so much water! My goal tomorrow is the 2 shakes and 3 bottles of Water this time. I feel like I should have a bottle of some sort of liquid permenantly attached to my hand....but I know it is the most important thing. I went out twice today to do a little shopping and think getting out is also helping! Good luck to you both!!

You are doing great. I am 2 weeks out and I am just getting in most everything but a little short on Protein. I was not able to get things in that well until 9 days after surgery.

Yup. Sounds about right!

If you're short on Protein at first, don't worry. The most important thing is the other fluids. Very very important. And the walking. Keep walking and drinking. When you're REALLY sick of walking and drinking....do it some more. ;)

(you too, Mokee!!)

GREAT advice Dooter! Thanks!

How about any advice for these 5 great scars? Are you putting anything on them to minimize there looks in the long run?

I am one week out today (sleeved 12/4) and I am feeling and doing great. Most gas pain has subsided and incision sites are also feeling much better. I can certainly tell each day I feel better and better. I just wanted some feedback a to if what I am getting in each day sounds right. I am still on all liquids so this is it.....2 Protein shakes ( total 60 grams of protein) and 32- 45 ounces of Water (I am trying y best to increase this each day) and maybe 5-7 baby spoons of broth.

Sound right????

Hello,

I was sleeved on Dec 5th. Congrats on your sleeve!! :) I am not able to down as much Protein as you. I can swallow just fine, but feel like I am spending all day drinking (. Normal I know).

I can now drink 4oz of water/g2 in 15 minutes. 2pz of protein in 15 minutes. I am curious if you have any pointers for getting more protein down? I had a handy post op diet log, this is helping me see what I need to consume and how frequently.

Best,

Sannah

I LOVED Water before surgery, now struggle to get in what I need. Grape G2 gatorade was a life savor for the first 3 months post-op. Now I drink 20 oz of plain water before lunch (I have 4 hours to get it down before lunch time - I am a teacher) - then I drink another 20 oz in the afternoon mixed with Advocare's SPark - doubles as my vitamins!!

Good luck! It gets easier every day!

I agree, it sounds like you are right on track if not better. Keep it up!!!

GREAT advice Dooter! Thanks!

How about any advice for these 5 great scars? Are you putting anything on them to minimize there looks in the long run?

Initially I was using neosporin it seemed like it took forever for them to scab up and heal. Since then, I have been using cocoa-butter with Vitamin E or just Vitamin E oil.. not sure if it will work but I hope so.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Yes it sounds right. It will get better. Once you get past say a month you will feel better but you will have new challenges so be prepared and keep reading and researching. It has its ups and downs but in the end it will be okay ((hugs))

I had my surgery on the 6th. I was just about to start a thread asking if I was doing it right. I have my first post op appointment on Thursday but the clinic's NUT was replaced and I haven't gotten the name of the new one to contact. I am getting in my 60 oz of Fluid and 60 grams of Protein but that is it, nothing beyond that to eat. I am not hungry. I am doing the walking, breathing, etc. Each day I was feeling better and better until today. I was just more tired and shaky this morning. I checked my blood pressure, it was fine. I checked the book they gave us and nothing in it covers it. I feel okay now but figure it is just under a week after surgery. So I guess this morning was just my body adjusting.

The surgeon said to listen to my body and advance as it felt. The menu they suggested as a guide have Protein shakes and 'meals' but how do you get that all in with the 4-5 hour gap between everything? I do kind of miss sitting at the table with my family at dinner but I have to workout how to do that while they are eating say chili and I am sipping a chocolate Protein shake. Those two smells don't mix well.