Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing to do with weight loss :)

27316.gif

Hello everyone!

P.S- I am not writing this topic to be mean or anything, am just trying to make a picture clear since the error i see here does hurt sometimes.

This topic does not have anything about weight loss but It is about an issue that i have seen in many posts.

As you should all know by now, that people from different parts of earth have joined this forum, people of different colors and different religions... WE ARE NOT ALL CHRISTIANS.

I am not christian but i follow a religion that has a god that i pray to. I respect all religions and as to christians i have tons of christian friends actually my bestie is a christian, my cousin married a christian.

But see...Sometimes i feel that on this forum only christians are to pray and to give support.

I will give some examples to specific sentences in posts that made me think like this. I wont give direct quotes so that i dont call anyone out.

1. I am having the surgery on (bla,bla day) and i wanted to ask all the fellow christian sleevers to pray for a speedy recovery. (well why wont you just ask all the sleevers to pray for you, do i have to be a christian to pray?)

2. If you are a christian, you know what to do. Just pray and everything will be better. (Well am not a christian and i also know that praying is the key)

3. i wish all the christians a happy thanksgiving (we also Celebrate it!!!)

4. etc...etc

Too many examples very short time... I am not being mean and i know that this error is not intended... I just want everyone to please review what you type before publishing just so you are not leaving anyone out of the equation. Learn to love all religions because not everyone is a christian, and i would love to pray for you for a great recovery and thank you happy thanksgiving to you too.

We are all here to support each other no matter what color/religion we are... its about the support!!

Amen to that. Thank you for sharing your feelings.

You're right. To each is own.

Well said. And I am agnostic. But I can still send good wishes, positive vibes and all my hopes out to each of you. Granted, you will not consider me as powerful as your God, but surely you will take all the positive energy you can get! I will!

What? I am not leaving you out if I address the Christian faith or the Judaic philosophy. I will continue to do so.

I am undersoing a life altering journey, and need and want support from those I feel understand and know me best.

When people make a statement about their religion, or not, accept it, or not, and move on.

Now, what you did not mention is I have seen others post reference to eastern philosphy, native american beliefs, Catholic, Jewish, Wiccan...so why is Christian what you are aiming at?

Why did you mention Christians only?

Thing is, you tripped over a heathen's shoe, and I do not necessarily care if I offend you at all... and I am calling it BS where I smell it... there are good, God-fearing people here, do not admonish them for speaking their faith, when it has obviously got them this far...

I will start my post by stating this:

I do not claim a religion.

I do take offense to your post. When someone states "keep me in your prayers" that doesn't bother me one bit. I will take the time to wish the person well and send positive thoughts. YOU taking the time to make a post being offensive because it rubs you wrong because you are not a practicing Christian, is just you being "picky" and JUVENILE.

I say "merry CHRISTmas" does that offend? I am not a self-proclaimed Christian, does it make me hypocritical to say that phrase?

If someone states to me,"I will pray for you" or "keeping you in my prayers" a simple please and thank you serves me well.

I do not take offense when someone states "if you are Christian, please pray..." So what? They know their religion, not everyone else's. it only means they are uninformed or choose to not study and/or know other religions. Who cares?

Whatever religion you choose to practice....I hope all of you me keep me in mind (in a kind way) when speaking to your god. I will take it all in stride and appreciate you all the more for it.

What? I am not leaving you out if I address the Christian faith or the Judaic philosophy. I will continue to do so.

I am undersoing a life altering journey' date=' and need and want support from those I feel understand and know me best.

When people make a statement about their religion, or not, accept it, or not, and move on.

Now, what you did not mention is I have seen others post reference to eastern philosphy, native american beliefs, Catholic, Jewish, Wiccan...so why is Christian what you are aiming at?

Thing is, you tripped over a heathen's shoe, and I do not necessarily care if I offend you at all... and I am calling it BS where I smell it... there are good, God-fearing people here, do not admonish them for speaking their faith, when it has obviously got them this far...[/quote']

Not a very "Christian "attitude

I am undersoing a life altering journey, and need and want support from those I feel understand and know me best.

Thing is, you tripped over a heathen's shoe, and I do not necessarily care if I offend you at all... and I am calling it BS where I smell it... there are good, God-fearing people here, do not admonish them for speaking their faith, when it has obviously got them this far...

Well hun, first of all.. please when i post with RESPECT please reply with RESPECT or dont reply at all, i will continue to talk with RESPECT and will not use the same tone you used to reply. And as to why i only mentioned christians well i have nothing against anyone and i RESPECT all religions as i already stated above but i have been on here for almost two months and over that period i have read numerous threads but there is no way for me to read alll the thousands of threads on here, and within what i read this is what i had seen.

Even if you dont care if you offend me, i will take it as an offense and reply back with RESPECT... because this is what i have learned from my religion, my christian friends and all religions. And i would wish you the best of luck but well my wishes are not appreciated you'd only take support and good well wishes from those who understand you best and from same faith.

I will start my post by stating this:

I do not claim a religion.

I do take offense to your post. When someone states "keep me in your prayers" that doesn't bother me one bit. I will take the time to wish the person well and send positive thoughts. YOU taking the time to make a post being offensive because it rubs you wrong because you are not a practicing Christian, is just you being "picky" and JUVENILE.

I say "merry CHRISTmas" does that offend? I am not a self-proclaimed Christian, does it make me hypocritical to say that phrase?

If someone states to me,"I will pray for you" or "keeping you in my prayers" a simple please and thank you serves me well.

I do not take offense when someone states "if you are Christian, please pray..." So what? They know their religion, not everyone else's. it only means they are uninformed or choose to not study and/or know other religions. Who cares?

Whatever religion you choose to practice....I hope all of you me keep me in mind (in a kind way) when speaking to your god. I will take it all in stride and appreciate you all the more for it.

No hun you should read my thread again before you reply, you dont get the point... But i dont want to spend time explaining. Any-who... No i do not take offense when you say merry CHRISTmas and CHRIST is also our PROPHET and we LOVE HIM... So yea merry christmas to you too. and ill leave it at this :)

Thank you for your comment hun :)