Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Downtime After Sleeve.

Hi everyone.... I first want to say THANK YOU for sharing your journeys on here. If you have ever been a pre-op forum stalker (like I am currently) you know how informative and comforting all of this correspondence is and I am grateful you all take the time to do it.

Second, I'm worried about the recovery time afterwards. I've just been blessed with my dream job and can't really afford more tan the time off to have the procedure. Has anyone else gone back to work a few days post op?

Thanks

Sec

I always say that I bounced out of the hospital, because I was there only one night and ready to go bright and early the next day. I had a death in my family that same week and drove cross-country the next day. I returned to work 1 week after my surgery, due to the Thanksgiving holiday. But I also had a very similar experience with my C-section (up and about as soon as the epidural wore off and I could feel my feet, that was 10 weeks ago) so it could just be me. I have a high tolerance for pain, pain meds, and a low tolerance for being still! :)

You have to baby yourself, even if you do get up and around. Take things slowly until you are sure you have the muscle movement located, or you will end up pulling something. And don't lift anything! That's big muscle they cut through to get to the goods, so let the muscle heal. Also, keep that subdural anesthesia on for the recommended time. I removed mine at 5 days because it was bugging me, but I really could have used another 2. That stuff really does let you move more naturally right out of surgery.

Good luck!!!

I had the procedure on a Wednesday and was back at work the following Monday. Im lucky I have a very understanding boss, since he just had a full BYPASS so Im taking it easy but Im here :). I get sleepy in the day sometimes, but I just use my lunch break for a quick nap if need be. Its not always easy but Im glad I came back so quick, I would have drove myself nuts staying home :)

I went back to one week after surgery because did not have time to stay Off longer . My job is cut throat. We get only 3 days a year.

I really wish I had 2 weeks off although I had no issues at work. I just was sore after 3 hours of work and exhausted when I got home.

Each person is different. Take 2 weeks if you can. You deserve it.

I am known for a tolerance to pain, but my experience was different - it was not pain, it was the fatigue. It is not easy to explain, it would be like a normal waive vs. a tsunami...relentless depth, systemic energy loss.

My suggestion is if this is you dream job, find a comfortable medium of how long you need to be there to "prove" your worth, then schedule your surgery...in the meantime prepare with exercize, reading, researching, etc...and if you do not have all the funds put away, maybe save a few more dollars up so you will not have debt later.

I took 2.5 weeks off. My surgery was on Wed the 28th of November, and I am returning 12/17. I am fortunate to have separate vacation/sick time and extended sick time. We get one full week per year of extended sick time, so I have about 10 weeks saved. I was lucky.

My company had mine fall under short term disability because of the hospital overnight. I had my surgery on Nov 20 and return Dec 10.

I had requested two-weeks off of work using my vacation time; I was sleeved on Monday, 12/3 and will return back to work on Monday, 12/17. In my job I have the ability to work from home so when I return, I plan to work 1/2 days in the office and the other 1/2 from home for one full week ... I'm glad that the holidays are just around the corner, so that will offer some additional days off of work too!

I had requested two-weeks off of work using my vacation time; I was sleeved on Monday' date=' 12/3 and will return back to work on Monday, 12/17. In my job I have the ability to work from home so when I return, I plan to work 1/2 days in the office and the other 1/2 from home for one full week ... I'm glad that the holidays are just around the corner, so that will offer some additional days off of work too![/quote']

Wow, u r on day 3. How do u feel ?

I feel sore..not much energy..mentally better than yesterday but still feeling like OMG what have I done..Im not good at not feeling good so it might be that more than anything..

I feel sore..not much energy..mentally better than yesterday but still feeling like OMG what have I done..Im not good at not feeling good so it might be that more than anything..

I don't like not being mentally prepared for something. I feel like I don't know what to expect.

I own my business and have understanding clients. My work is physical in nature so I wanted to take enough time. However, while at home I did very well recovery-wise. The fatigue would hit me like a ton of bricks so I was thankful I was home if I needed a nap.