Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12/6/2010 2 Years Ago Today . . .

I was being wheeled into the operating room for the most life changing surgery I have ever had - my VSG.

I've lost over 170 pounds form my highest weight - that I know of, the last "official" weigh in I was 375 pounds and I KNOW I weighed more for a while after that, I was spiraling out of control and eating like a cow. I dreaded the scale so much I refused to weigh in, till I arranged off my VSG and started my self imposed 2 week pre-op diet.

Would I do it again? YOU BET! It's not been easy, it's not been pleasant at times but it HAS been WORTH IT.

If you have not had WLS surgery and are thinking about it, as I always state it's YOUR decision, but PLEASE, PLEASE make SOME decision. Do something about this killer obesity, even if it's just diet and exercise, please do SOMETHING. You WILL be better for it.

So I am going to Celebrate - by NOT eating something :)

Rootman, from the time I first ventured onto this site you were one of the members that really inspired me. I saw your success and it helped me believe I could do it too. I'm glad you're here spreading the good word.

I appreciate the support. As someone who has not been sleeved yet, this is exactly why I visit this site - it helps take away some of the anxiety for a procedure that is permanent but so necessary. Thank you!

Happy Sleeversary ! Way to go on making this life choice. Hope you Celebrate in an awesome kinda way :) because you deserve it.

As I sit here with my month-old new wardrobe already sagging off of me, with my new pants pinned to keep them up, I couldn't agree with you more! Do SOMETHING about it! If it's VSG, you most likely will not regret it!!

I am so happy I can't stand myself... and I'm told no one else can either!

And I'm happy for you, Rootman! You have been one of my primary inspirations as well. And I appreciate your candid responses.

You answered so many of my questions along the way!

A week after my surgery, my Mom died. You were one of the first to respond with sympathy and encouragement. I have never forgot that. I am so glad you are doing well!

Rootman - I too have been following you as I am now 11 months out - I feel great and would highly recommend this surgery to anyone as long as they are mentally prepared for the ride.

It takes an enormous committment to get where we are now and hopefully some of the newbies on this site will understand that we were once in their situation - it takes patience and time; but it is so well worth it.

Congrats and keep up the great work

Rootman, from the time I first ventured onto this site you were one of the members that really inspired me. I saw your success and it helped me believe I could do it too. I'm glad you're here spreading the good word.

I was thinking the same thing of Rootman, and you Bean.. Both have been a fountain of information for me since I began in the summer. Thanks to both of you and Congratulations on 2 years!!

Footman, thank you for hanging around to encourage the rest of us. Congrats on being healthy!

Congratulations and a big THANK YOU for continuing to be active on the boards after 2 full years -- it means a lot to hear from someone who has been so successful and keeps coming back to share your wisdom at the 2 year point. You're a true inspiration! Much much appreciated! mahalo! :)