Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Stall Almost Got The Best Of Me!

I always tell everyone no to worry about the scale but after 2.5 weeks if no weight loss I was starting to second guess my own advice! The last two days I started eating whole wheat crackers and oats and upped my calories a bit and peace out stall! I lost 7 lbs in the last 2 days! I still made it to the gym everyday and I am loving life so much more these days! Every time I walk past a mirror I smile! Haven't said that in years haha

Don't ya love it when our advice kicks us in the bumm? "relax, it's just a stall" then we get into a major one and go...dang...what's up LOL I'm in my second...I actually think I'm not in a stall, i'm in maintenance LOL

What advice would I give me....no more wine, and get off your butt and walk silly! (I walk for exercise and it's been too stormy). I'm off to get a tread mill...so I hope you see me posting my 7 lb loss soon as well :) Nice work!!!!

Thanks!

Oh the things I would do for some whiskey these days! :rolleyes: And ya, I have become addicted to the gym lately. It makes me feel good (in a super shallow way) that I used to be the biggest guy in there and would meander around a bit and try to stay out of peoples way and now I walk in there confident run a mile to warm up, hit the weights, and then hop back on the elliptical. Now when I workout people start convos with me and I have made new friends in there. Sorry to babble, I'm just so darn happy!

LOL No, babble away. What a great change in life huh? I considered a gym but they aren't fabulous here. A little too male dominated sadly. Though they do have appropriate female work...you know, aerobics etc LOL But I never see a woman working out on the equipment so I'll just buy my own heh heh Wait til someone makes a fat guy joke when you're around...then you'll really feel good :P (and then you can punch them LOL)

Stalls happen and when they happen, they kick us in the butts. Our fears come up and we start believing we're done. And then we feel like a failure again. It's time to put things in perspective and do what we can to get our body shedding those extra lbs again. Here's to good health and changing old habits! :)

How far out are you, Donny? I want to work out so bad. I still have 2 weeks until I'm cleared. I worked out before I had a baby (he's 2 mos) then I had surgery so it's been a very long time. I'm so weak! I can't wait to get some muscle tone back!

I am 6 weeks out. I was cleared for all foods and activities at 5 weeks. I was told I cannot do any damage at this point but there may still be soreness. I usually start getting tender at the big incision after an hour on the elliptical.

wow you will be at goal in no time!! Keep up the good work

wow you will be at goal in no time!! Keep up the good work

Thanks! Today marked halfway to goal! 80 down 80 to go! Gotta get good looking for next summer, Texans love pool parties!

How far out are you, Donny? I want to work out so bad. I still have 2 weeks until I'm cleared. I worked out before I had a baby (he's 2 mos) then I had surgery so it's been a very long time. I'm so weak! I can't wait to get some muscle tone back!

Wow, you are encouring to me... I am also six weeks out, but only allowed eggs and fish and am truly getting tired of them. It is hard to get my Protein in without a daily shake - and I am REALLY tired of the uber sweet Protein shakes. I suffered a stall of my own - I weigh on Mondays and this last weigh in, I was 2lbs UP... I think I was eating too many carbs, although my total caloric intake was about 630 per day. I wonder if I am not eating enough?

We all lose at different rates, and I was an athlete all the way through college. I really let things get out of control the last 4 years, but the high Protein and gym were like riding a bike I snapped right back into it. As for your diet/cals eat in the 600s too. I do shakes only after hard weight lifting days. My diet it mainly chicken, fish, turkey, cheese, and eggs. For starches or carbs I never eat enriched bleached flour (it would be the first ingredient) and I try to burn 600-700 cals 6 days a week in cardio plus I do 5 days of weights.