Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Any Of You Feel This Way In The Beginning?

As I sit here, 2 lbs lower than preop weight; I can't help but ponder this question.

What if I don't lose weight after this?

Crazy, huh?

Perhaps it comes from all the years of yo yo dieting, losing and regaining, and just plain giving up some days.

I just feel so yucky right now. My tummy is covered in new surgical scars and bruises.

I am exhausted, weak and uncomfortable.

I feel a little frightened that this won't work for me...that I will be that one exception to the rule.

As a nurse, it sounds nuts, but its just the way I feel right now.

I'm not used to being home, not working, and taking time just for me. Too much time to think I guess.

Thanks for letting me rant!

(PS, I am five days post op)

Krissy

Hi Krissy!

I too kind of had those same thoughts... "what if I'm an exception to the rule".

The weight WILL come off. At what rate, that is an entirely different question. Every one different. I think I'm one of the slow losers, I was sleeved Oct. 30th and as of Sunday, I've lost 30 pounds. Most of it was pre-op and in the first two weeks. But I'm not complaining at all!! Slow is fine for me, as hopefully it gives my skin time to catch up.

Just have faith and try to get your Protein and Water in... I guarentee you'll see the weight come off. :)

Hi Krissy

I felt exactly the same.And with every stall I felt like that again.and now that I have only 20 pounds to go and I am exercising a lot and the weight is coming off super slow,I once again wonder if I am going to be the one whose weight loss just stopped,for no reason,before I am finished....lol

Do take it easy for a while and try to just stay off the scale for a while at least.

You'll lose it all,you'll see!

I think this is common I definitely have had a few panics about this both before and after but I am now advancing to the "normal food" am hungry but it is completely normal and manageable, I eat the right amount and so far at 1 month out I am down 30 lbs from pre-op liquids. I couldn't have done it any other way. I've lost 22% of my excess weight in 40 days. Just keep going day by day and you will see it was the smart decision.

Hi Krissy,

I was sleeved on Oct 30th and YES I felt the same way. I did not want to eat and couldn't get all my liquids in, but popsicles really helped me out. I would get up and just walk from my bedroom to the kitchen and I was exhausted! I was so uncomfortable for about 2 weeks and my energy level in these past few days has gotten so much better. I am eating somewhat "normal" food and that has helped me out a lot. I can now drink Water and even gulped a few times! I kept thinking what have I done! But now those thoughts are gone. Hang in there cuz it DOES get better. :)

As I sit here' date=' 2 lbs lower than preop weight; I can't help but ponder this question.

What if I don't lose weight after this?

Crazy, huh?

Perhaps it comes from all the years of yo yo dieting, losing and regaining, and just plain giving up some days.

I just feel so yucky right now. My tummy is covered in new surgical scars and bruises.

I am exhausted, weak and uncomfortable.

I feel a little frightened that this won't work for me...that I will be that one exception to the rule.

As a nurse, it sounds nuts, but its just the way I feel right now.

I'm not used to being home, not working, and taking time just for me. Too much time to think I guess.

Thanks for letting me rant!

(PS, I am five days post op)

Krissy[/quote']

Yes this is normal I have come to find out. I am a nurse also and I felt I was very prepared for surgery. However the first week was very rough for me emotionallly. I had the same fears and worries you are having. I think the first week is a very vulnerabile time for us and we have a lit if free time to worry! But I am 1 day away from 2 weeks postop and I'm now feeling great and 18 lbs lighter. For me once I got over the first week I felt so much better. And u will too! Once you are able to get back into your normal routine you will feel better and it will work for you!

Thanks everyone! I knew I wasn't alone, but its nice to hear it.

My good friend just took me out for a mani pedi, so it was great to get out and about (plus pampering!)

I feel a little better today, and have drank a fair amt of fluids already today. Lets hope tomorrow is even better!