Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Here Need Advice

I'm Laura I had gastric sleeve this past sept 2012. My starting weight was 241 pre op 233 day of surgery 225 seems like8lbs it's my magic #. Because 2 weeks after surgery I was 217!! How can I loose only 16lbs in a month with nothing than liquids? ? Now I'm still at 204-203 in 2.5 months!! What am I doing wrong please help??

what kind of foods are you eating ?

Or drinking

30# in 2 months. Not bad! Thats 12-15# a month. Ppl are different the bigger we are the faster we see #s drop. Are you loosing inches that makes a lot of difference. Be encouraged we have to focus on the light at the end of the tunnel. I get very frustrated at times BC it seems like I am so slow to get were everyone else is. But I am loosing it may take longer but I will Celebrate even the 2# victories trust me just a few weeks ago I was not saying this. I do understand any many on here go through the same thing.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong at all...that is a good amount of weight to lose.

Well as soon as I wake up I have a Premier Protein shake. Then a Decaf coffee. I don't eat til 3 when my daughter comes home and depends on what I make usually Soups but tired of that. Most days I drink more than 64oz of Water I hardly get hungry though. So I might be startving myself. I do zumba and walk 3-4 days. 30-60 min. People think I weight less when they see me Idk

Thanks yes a friend of mine told me take your fat glasses off. My husband works out of town and told me after not seeing me or 10 day well how much you lost? I said just 3lbs. My old jeans that fit again now are kinda big. I feel like a pre teen girl my body changing again

have you tried eating more of your Protein ? Instead of Soup for instance eating a solid protein ? Also try tracking your meals for a week , Sometimes if you are not eating ENOUGH it will stall your weight loss.

I'm trying I forget even w my fitness I tell you it's all me I'll try harder. My anniversary is in Feb so I want to look hot

No solid food till 3 or so doesn't sound very healthy. You even said yourself that you may be in starvation mode. MANY of us don't feel like eating anymore. You have to eat. This is the time when we are retraining our brains and bodies on how to eat. 6 plus months out if you haven't retrained yourself to eat right, when you start to have less restriction, you may be in trouble.

I was sleeved Sep 18th. was 260 starting liquid diet.. Down 40 pounds now.. Similar to you, but i'm a guy and heavier to start! Guys are easier to lose in general. YOU have lost a ton. I, too, go through this when I get stalls and upset I only lost a few pounds.. This Thanksgiving I stayed the same. Didn't lose an ounce and I was upset! LMAO.. In past years, I would have been thrilled to only have gained 5 pounds. >It's all relative

Hi I'm new here also and I have not been sleeved yet, but it seems to me that you are not getting enough Protein. I still think that your weight loss is great and it's nothing to be concerned about.

Are you working with a surgeon/nut/endocrinologist team? Other ppl have mentioned too few calories and lack of Protein. ITA. They also mentioned eating more frequently. I also think you've lost a lot of weight. two to three pounds a week is the norm.

Here is my concern: I am concerned that you are losing muscle not fat. If you are doing high impact aerobic classes like Zumba, your body is going to metabolize muscle and hang on to fat. WLS patients eat way too few calories to support high impact aerobics this soon out.

To achieve healthy and safe weight loss we want low impact, like your walking, and weight training. Your heart is a muscle. Be careful.

life is a journey, not a destination; so, stop running -H.D. THEROUX

@neil sleeve Oh so we're sleeve twins lol.@Lovetodeath I think so too thanks and good luck to you in your surgery@Cbt yes and no I went on oct 4 have an appoitment til jan. my pcp was happy w my weight loss I can't complaint I am healthier no more high blood pressure no cholesterol Meds. I do think I'm eating to little and at times I make wrong choices it's like my dr said he did surgery in my stomach not in my brain. Before surgery I love sweets not they make me sick. I prefer salty things now. By wrong choices I mean a bit of carbs(pasta,corn tortilla a slice of bread) I also feel that I can hold more food now. Another thing an sorry men my cycle has been weird the one I had was weird like if I didn't web have it, no I'm not prego. Thanks for all your input everyone

Try to stay away from the carbs like Pasta. Make pasta a special treat, like once a month or something. White carbs turn to sugar, then to fat, so bad. Take in more Protein and stay strong!