Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My stomach is growling here at my desk..I had a protien shake at 7 and a banana at. 8 ..why am I spookier hungry..it isn't head hunger..my stomach hurts..idk.

I ate the whole bannana no problem..is that normal..?

We need more information. How far out are you? What else are you eating? How much? When? Are you taking any stomach meds?

Your stomach has acid. Are you on a PPI (nexium, omeprazole, prilosec)? If not call your doctor and ask if it's ok for you to take one. :)

I am 3 weeks out...I am not taking stomach meds...I am eating regular foods..soft meeats..ect. ..new to all this and I don't want to eat until lunch..I thought a bannaa would have been enough..

Ill try the acid meds..no answer at doctors today..idk. ill call tommorow ..

I agree with the other poster. You probably need to take one of the mentioned medications. They really help with stomach acid, which feels just like hunger.

Having said that, I've tried them all and I have experienced true hunger since the surgery. The meds help, but they don't entirely relieve the situation.

Good luck!

I'm 9 weeks and no way could I eat a whole banana. Go carefully with your new stomach.

I was sleeved on the 5 th and feel the same way! I can eat about 2 tablespoons and that's about it but then about 2 hrs later I'm starving! Any ideas for me? I'm still on mushy foods.

I think the bannana took an hour...but I had No issues...I don't know..what is up..

Jessielynn, you should be eating every two hours so you shouldn't be hungry. Eat something if you're hungry. The two tablespoons you eat are not going to make any difference to your weight loss but they are going to make the journey a lot more enjoyable. Make sure you get all your Protein.< /p>

Some have a larger stomach so some have a larger sleeve. Get some anti acid, that may help. Talk with your surgeon and let him know you are experiencing hunger, tummy growls. And get lots of Protein that will keep you full longer. Being able to eat a banana an hour after a Protein Shake at 3 weeks out would concern me.

Personally I avoid bananas, for me, having the banana is like eating sugar candy...it starts the cravings, the hunger, the pursuit of carbs. It is also a mushy food and I find when I eat something mushy like that it does not fill me up for long and I can eat more of it.

I agree with the folks posting about PPO's. Prilosec is what I take, it will take about 4 days to see it's full effect.

Luck to you!

I agree with Jen, skip the Banana- you need Protein. I know it is hard when you are still on soft but go with greek yogurt if you can or ask the NUT or doctor.

Is it normal to be Hungary every two hours..?can being dehydrated make you hungry? ..I got tums...and am drinking a lot..I javwnr been getting my liquids..I have been focused on protien..and no water...maybe that has something to do with it..

It concerns me I could have a whole bannsana...but the protien was like an hour or so before ..and as thin as milk..still no issues...my doctors office says i sound good..and progressing and healing fast..amd since I came along so quick..like healing..and was back at work so quick..maybe on l

Just fast..idk..but I'm chugging Water ..not chugging but drinking fast ..maybe I'm just dehydrated...thoughts?