Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Cheated.. Now What?

I had to do a 10 day liquid diet. my surgery is Tuesday. I've well except for today and I ate some chicken from zaxbys.. is that bad enough for him to call off the surgery or cause my liver to not shrink??

Get back on the horse and quit beating yourself up. It should be fine. I cheated way worse than that and there was no problem. And may I also say well done for getting through a holiday on a liquid diet. Best wishes to you!

Forgive yourself and get back on plan. You're not perfect and you will make mistakes going forward. Don't beat yourself up and don't use it as an excuse to blow a whole day/week/month/etc like we used to do. "Well, I've done bad today so I'll just eat bad the rest of the day and get back on track tomorrow." Get back on track immediately instead of letting the bad habit grow and take root.

chicken is low carb so you should be fine. The overall diet is what is most important. Some docs achieve the same liver shrinking results by doing a longer, no carb diet rather than the liquid diet.

Good luck!

On thanksgiving I was allowed to eat a "sensible" meal w my family.. so I ate a few bites of turkey mac and cheese corn and potatoes. I'm just afraid of not bein able to have the surgery. I wish I hadn't have ate zaxbys just 2 days from my surgery date.. ugh.. but ill take your advice and move forward.. no more chicken lol.. well wishes ladies! :-)

I cheated too! I ate chicken out of a chicken soft taco because I thought I was going to "die" from not having anything but Protein shakes and Clear liquids. I think it's a pretty normal thing as we're probably all food addicts. I doubt your doc would be terribly surprised.

Good luck on your surgery.

Don't do it again! Keep focused and move forward! You are doing great and it shouldn't interfere with your surgery. we have all cheated in some way. Forgive thy self. :)