Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Dr. Garcia's Sleeved Patients, Please Give Your Weightloss Amounts And Timeframes.....thanks!

Amytug.....I read her threads and she looks good! she is about the only one so far......

Mexico, thanks soo much! I can see that too. That once you are sleeved, you probably wouldnt post as much as a pre-op...I am sure I will be guilty of this....Congrats on your success, thats a huge victory! I excited about Dr. Garcia, I was at one point thinking about Dr. Almanza strictly based on his patients aftersuccess, so to speak. but having researched dr. G and watching ALL OF his YouTube, I was swayed more toward him..plus the hospital stay, and the hotel...amd having a team of doctors......

Amytug, I am scheduled for Feb 28...but recently talked to Alma about changing to around Valentines day, because my baby will be having a birthday, first of March.

Amytug' date=' I am scheduled for Feb 28...but recently talked to Alma about changing to around Valentines day, because my baby will be having a birthday, first of March.[/quote']

Aw. I don't think I can go that early. Darn.

Also, mentioning bougie size, Dr Garcia does use the 32 as standard but if u request, he will do a 36 instead. The diff is only a few mm I believe.

I am not sure which size I prefer. They say the smaller the size, the more chance for leaks but I know 32 is standard

Readytolose2012, thanks for the post! Congrats on your weight loss! I know your happy! I cannot wait! Its all I think about! Almost burned the turkey,.reading posts yesterday ; )

So I don't think it matters who your surgeon is. Sleevers all lose weight at different rates. Are you just curious? Just wondering why you are asking. You could end up being a slow loser or a faster loser' date=' no matter what surgeon.[/quote']

Love your reply- this is so true!

I think it's all about how serious you take the lifestyle change- not who your surgeon is/was!

Oh that is interesting I haven't noticed that yet. Maybe it has to do with their diet plan and how strictly they follow it. I don't consume carbs' date=' stick mostly to Protein with a little veggie and doing great.[/quote']

Me too- exactly.

Better choices in a new lifestyle, not just another failed diet= big losses and new body!

I am going to Dr. Garcia the week of Feb 11. I am so thankful for everyone's comments and questions. A lot of the questions being asked and talked about us exactly what I have been thinking.

Amytug' date=' I have noticed that too.. there is on Dr. I have researched on here where it seems like all of his patients lose faster than others. Plus I dont see a lot of weightloss checkins from Dr. Garcia's patients, you know like 6months later, now I am going with him, because I have researched and researched, watched youtube and spoken with Alma and the whole nine. I just want to know, what a few patients progress is down the line.[/quote']

I agree with you I will also use Dr Garcia

That was something I was curious about as well

Binipkey, thanks soooo much that is awesome progression. I am very confident in my decision......there are a lot of great surgeons, but one factor I like is that, I was able to watch a couple of snippets on YouTube, I have watched all of them, I have talked to other patients, I constantly talked to Alma....and I am just excited about my choice. I have researched for so long, ar first I was going with Dr. Acevez, then Dr. Alvarez, then Dr. Almanza, then brought it on home with Dr. Garcia.

Nurseghana, the way the way I even was directed to Mexico, is I had a consultation with a bariatric surgeon here in Houston, and at the end of the consultation, he gave me my options. If he preformed at one hospital, It was going to be 17,000, if it was at another 16,000, and another hospital 15,000, but then he said he would travel with me to Mexico, to assist a top surgeon there(dr. Alvarez) 10,700. Thats how my eyes were open. I went home amd researchex that night ALL night. And found out dr. Alvarez was 8700, and this local surgeon was charging me 2,000 to go with me. Well I figured if he was recommending him, I could alone. come to find out dr. Alvarez jad been training the surgeon here. And thats how I got confidence in the Mexico bariatric surgeons.