Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All Dr. Garcia's Sleeved Patients, Please Give Your Weightloss Amounts And Timeframes.....thanks!

Nurseghana' date=' the way the way I even was directed to Mexico, is I had a consultation with a bariatric surgeon here in Houston, and at the end of the consultation, he gave me my options. If he preformed at one hospital, It was going to be 17,000, if it was at another 16,000, and another hospital 15,000, but then he said he would travel with me to Mexico, to assist a top surgeon there(dr. Alvarez) 10,700. Thats how my eyes were open. I went home amd researchex that night ALL night. And found out dr. Alvarez was 8700, and this local surgeon was charging me 2,000 to go with me. Well I figured if he was recommending him, I could alone. come to find out dr. Alvarez jad been training the surgeon here. And thats how I got confidence in the Mexico bariatric surgeons.[/quote']

Okay that makes a lot of sense to me

Amytug' date=' I have noticed that too.. there is on Dr. I have researched on here where it seems like all of his patients lose faster than others. Plus I dont see a lot of weightloss checkins from Dr. Garcia's patients, you know like 6months later, now I am going with him, because I have researched and researched, watched youtube and spoken with Alma and the whole nine. I just want to know, what a few patients progress is down the line.[/quote']

My surgery with Dr Garcia was 6/18/12 & am down 63 lbs. Absolutely no complications whatsoever & have no regrets! Loved Dr Garcia!

Now hat you mention it though' date=' you're right. I haven't seen a lot of images or stories from 6m+ Down the road from dr Garcia. Hm.

Now you've got me curious. :). If I come up with anything, I'll post it.

I'm about 95% sure that I'm goin w dr. Garcia too. Do you have to wait until feb/march too? Maybe we can be sleeve buddies.[/quote']

I was sleeved with dr Garcia on July 2'nd. I'm down 75 pounds and highly recommend him.

Sleeved 10/09 down 38lbs post surgery and 20 pre surgery, 58 total, woooohoooo!!! The only issues I'm having is figuring out my food otherwise no issues at all!!!!

Thanks for your updates! I'm getting sleeved Dec 14th and I've been getting anxious the closer I get to the date. I seriously can't wait, but I'm kind of ready for it to be over already. I've been contemplating this for 5 years lol

Jeeofreak and Fagenberry, thanks so much this is exactly what I expectes, thanks for your confirmation....I am so excited, thanks again and congrats to you...I look forward to joining,and I am so confident in my decision to be sleeved bu dr. Garvie.

Jeeofreak and Fagenberry' date=' thanks so much this is exactly what I expectes, thanks for your confirmation....I am so excited, thanks again and congrats to you...I look forward to joining,and I am so confident in my decision to be sleeved bu dr. Garvie.[/quote']

I promise you will have no regrets! Good luck! :)

Jeepfreak, thanks for reaching back to us who r about to take this journey......

How much have you lost since being sleeved by Dr. Garcia and in what timeframe are u losing?

I was sleeved July 2 and have lost 60 pounds. only 15 more to go. I have lost approximately 8 sizes. 1 week I was in a 14 and the not hardly a week later I was in a 12. Right now I am in a 10 and hopefully will make it to an 8 and I will be super stoked. Dr. Garcia = Great Results!!!! I don't think this sleeve is ever gonna stretch some though.

Girlfriday, congrats on your success I know that you are elated! I am so excited and I cant wait I go in February.

Hey Everyone,

I am also going with Dr. Fernando Garcia, aiming for a Feb 2013 date as well. I have been speaking with him an his staff for over a week now and am pretty confident in my decision. BUT, I have to most likely go alone. Which I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to do that. SOOOO, I was hoping there would be someone(persons) that wouldn't mind "buddying" up through this process. I live in the Washington DC/ surrounding areas. So it would be lovely if someone from this area is considering him during the same time. But anywhere is okay I just don't wanna do this alone. If that's cool with anyone we can go through it ll together. If interested let me know what dates because I haven't scheduled yet. Maybe we can exchange contact info.

A little off topic, but I was wondering if Dr Garcia puts catheters on his patients. I am really nervous about this, the pain and the embarrasment, lol!!

Help!!!! :)

A little off topic, but I was wondering if Dr Garcia puts catheters on his patients. I am really nervous about this, the pain and the embarrasment, lol!!

Help!!!! :)

No he doesn't :)

A little off topic' date=' but I was wondering if Dr Garcia puts catheters on his patients. I am really nervous about this, the pain and the embarrasment, lol!!

Help!!!! :)[/quote']

No he doesn't, well at least I don't have one! Don't worry about the embarrassment, I looked terrible the whole time there but you are in pain an a strange place so I just concentrated on getting rid if the gas pain!!

I was sleeved 11/8/12 and at the 2 week mark I was down 17lbs.. I weigh in again this thurs ( I vowed to do it once a week). I think it depends on the person though and not the surgeon.

People all heal up at different paces and with that are able to eat/drink more then others or some can exercise while others may not be able to or just may not be doing it. Just lots of things to take into consideration :)

I am very please with my results I am happy with the scale but even more please with the inches that I seem to be losing to me that speaks in volumes. I have not measured but clothing is fitting differently and just so excited about that!

Good Luck! :)