Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October 23Rd Sleevers Out There?

Just checking to see how October 23rd sleevers are doing. Actually any October Sleevers. What are you eating, how are you feeling and what troubles are you experiencing? I am still having trouble getting all of my food and liquids in....

Sleeved on the 22nd, close enough!

Let's see I lost a pound a day for a week after surgery then hit a stall. I am only down 11 since surgery BUT during the stall I dropped 2 pant sizes and have gone from 44 to a 38 in the bra department so there at least was some change when the scale wasn't moving! I am eating soft foods at this point... I haven't been getting in enough Protein and am working on fluids! I'm also finally getting energy back!

October 10th here... Not so good. I am so weak from no protein... I have tried some but my taste buds have changed. Gonna keep trying maybe go back to Chobani yogurt... Frustrated

October 24th here. Four weeks post op today and down 20 pounds. I'm only eating 1/4 cup at a time. I'm getting anywhere between 340 to 540 calories a day, 40 to 60 grams of Protein. I'm actually feeling pretty good...just sad my boobs are getting smaller :/. Im on myfitnesspal if you want to friend me I'm enoordhoorn.

23 was my day! Lost lots during the first two weeks post op...and now it had slowed down, but like other people I went from a 22 to a 16, so I will take that :)

Newbie, Sorry you are having issues. Maybe try other brands of Protein or try mixing your Protein with 4oz of Water or milk instead of 8oz. That helps alot. There are alot of others ways to get your protein besides the shakes. It took me a while to figure this out. Just stay on the diet that your doctor has given you and you will finally get there. I struggled alot at the beginning but am finally feeling better and am able to get my Proteins and liquids down. Good luck. :)

For everyone else, sounds like you are doing great!!

Hey, 23rd here too. What did u guys eat today for Thanksgiving? I cut my turkey REALLY small and mixed with potatoes and gravy...only two ounces. I was excited since the only meat I have eaten in tuna. So sick of tuna.

Oct 13... Already lost 30 pounds... I ate a small portion if stuffing mashed potato and 3 bites of turkey.. More than i was hoping to eat.. But I feel good.. I really needed to eat my dinner..

Hi, had my surgery October 24th. I am down 20 lbs. I started back to work last week and i am very tired. I to am not getting enough Protein. The Water is the hard thing, best way I find is hot as a cup of tea. Is anyone havng trouble sleeping on there side? The only comfortable position is on my back.

23rd here too. Down 15 lbs post op, but stalled for two weeks. Had turkey,gravy, cranberries sauce and yams for dinner. Very, very small portions. I had a sliver of pumpkin pie and ate the filing. It's nice to eat small portions and not be bloated full the rest of the day.

23rd here too. Down 15 lbs post op' date=' but stalled for two weeks. Had turkey,gravy, cranberries sauce and yams for dinner. Very, very small portions. I had a sliver of pumpkin pie and ate the filing. It's nice to eat small portions and not be bloated full the rest of the day.[/quote']

Opps, and stuffing.... Very small portion of the crunchy bits.

I was sleeved 10/25 and I'm down about 40+ pounds. I'm officially into the soft foods phase but I'm still struggling with my Protein. Being a "born again" vegetarian has made it more challenging and Protein shakes/powders make me ill.

If anyone else is on MFP you can find me there as serenity_lynn :)

I had the sleeve Oct 2 and I am down 34 pounds since surgery, 72 since I started. I am at stage 3 which is solid foods but still limited. My dr won't let me eat carbs till 6 months post op. Yesterday I ate a little bit of pork roast and some green Beans. If I get a headache I find eating a fruit cup helps. I don't really miss foods because I don't think about how it's only 2 ounces of meat, I just eat until I'm full. Which before surgery I never seemed as full as I get now that I have had the surgery. I have went from a size 34 pants to a size 32 and a size 30/32 shirt to a 22/24 so Yay for that :)

Oct 18th was my surgery day, I lost 20 pounds the first 4 weeks and nothing since then, I workout with weights and do cardio everyday and eat right, drink tons of Water but I havent lost a pound since. It's really pissen me off, even my pants are still a little tight still, I am really frustrated!!! :angry:

I feel like I'm in the same pattern like I was before I had surgery, the same old cycle workout eat right lose nothing.

Yes I am getting my Protein in between 80-100 a day.

I was sleeved on Oct 9th. Yesterday was my 1st social eating and as I am from a big Italian family who's sole social settings revolve around food I am proud that I actually lost a 1 lb from yesterday. My family is big grazers but I took charge of myself & made Breakfast and lunch. I did indulge with a glass of wine but for dinner I sampled only a few items (quarter size) and filled up on turkey and my Splenda cranberry sauce. I had a bite of my sisters cherry pie and considering that there was literally 1 pie / dessert per person am super proud of how I handled my eating. I am 2 lbs shy of 50 lost.