Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Month Out Calorie Ranges?

I also track with My Fitness Pal. I LOVE it!!!

breakfast: 1 egg' date=' 1 mini babybel light

151 cal

Lunch: creamy chicken Soup to go

150 cal

Dinner: Starkist tuna creation

110 cal

MUST do: Isopure Protein drink

160 cal AND 40 gr PROTEIN!

snack: SF chocolate fudge bar

45 cal

My menu changes EVERYDAY and the only time I go over 650 cal is if Im trying to break a stall.[/quote']

Ok, thanks. One more question. What about the rest of the 40 grams of Protein? Does that count as calories? I guess my question is, after getting in 400 calories of Protein shakes, what does that leave to eat? Is there another way of getting protein in without the calories? I'm almost--3 more days--to the point of getting to soft foods (eggs, cheese, etc.)

Wow. I'm eating more than all the replys here. I eat 900-1200 per day. Maybe I should cut it down. But I'm still losing! :-)

There are a few key issues missing here. First, where are you in your recovery. For someone who is still on liquids and using higher calorie Protein drinks as their main food source, they might have higher calories (though you should look for a lower calorie Protein Drink if it's 400 calories!) Mine is 30g Protein and 160 calories (costco premier...very good too. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is good as well). You are eating so little "food" that you just can't compare yourself to someone out several months who can eat more complex protein which is actually easier for low calories.

Then the second is your size. I am 5' tall, shooting to be 110. If you are a man who is 6'2" and you want to weigh 195 you will be given different calorie and protein goals than I have been given. Also there is your current weight. I am 145.4...if you're 200 plus your goal will likely be different than mine on a daily basis because you are larger than I am. We eat to fuel the body we have, not the body of the guy on a diet next to you :)

OK that said, I struggle to get in 60 g's of protein and I am on full foods. So that's why I do a Protein Drink.< /p>

My day varies a lot as to what I eat or drink. I don't like to be the same and we eat out three too five times a week minimum. But here's a shot...

I start the day with 8oz 0 fat milk and 8oz coffee with sugar free vanilla Syrup (my home latte).

then later 1/2 c 1% cottage cheese

snack is a Premier Protein drink

1/2 cup wild boar for lunch in a spicy Tomato sauce

3oz wild king salmon (don't eat farmed fish LOL) with a garlic, caper, lemon sauce

4oz Pinot Gris

That will come out right about 600. Another lunch I have often is fresh fish and chips (halibut or cod). I eat a very small part of the fish which is lightly breaded and maybe 5 chips.

Last night my dinner was pork tenderloin in a dijon sauce which was delish!

I don't like things like tuna or other canned fish, but we are able to get fresh shrimp or scallops most of the year. A couple feed me easily so I do that for lunch often as well. I also love bbq chicken (dry rub, no heavy sauce) or beef tenderloin. Antelope is good :P if you see one wandering by LOL I vary up my Proteins a lot aside from that 1/2 c cottage cheese which I do most days. I occasionally will have an egg with a little cheese, salsa and sour cream instead though if I am having a non busy day :)

Ok' date=' thanks. One more question. What about the rest of the 40 grams of Protein? Does that count as calories? I guess my question is, after getting in 400 calories of Protein shakes, what does that leave to eat? Is there another way of getting protein in without the calories? I'm almost--3 more days--to the point of getting to soft foods (eggs, cheese, etc.)[/quote']

Im sorry I was not clear. Isopure protein drink has 40 grams of protein in it. I get my remaining 20 plus grams of protein from other sources like tuna, eggs etc. I believe I am further out in the eating faze I only drink one protein drink (Isopure) it has 160 calories and 40 grams of protein which leaves me a lot of calories over to eat actual food.

Oops, didn't mean to imply one Protein drink was 400 calories lol. What I meant was I have 4 Protein shakes at 17 grams Protein, and 100 calories each, for a total of 400.

But I get what you're saying. Thanks

Im sorry I was not clear. Isopure Protein drink has 40 grams of Protein in it. I get my remaining 20 plus grams of protein from other sources like tuna' date=' eggs etc. I believe I am further out in the eating faze I only drink one Protein Drink (Isopure) it has 160 calories and 40 grams of protein which leaves me a lot of calories over to eat actual food.[/quote']

Okay, I get it! Gotta get me Isopure so when I get to eating I can have a few calories. Thanks so much!

I was not losing any weight at 400-500 calories a day. Saw my nutritionalist and she told me I need to get 600-900 calories per day. Since I have upped my calories and get 60-90 grams of Protein in I have been losing 3 to 4 pounds a week.

That is awesome!

A suggestion to you, and others, is to eat on a schedule so as to get in Protein requirements even if not hungry. There are some times when I am not hungry at my 3 hours fuel up time, but I do anyways to keep everything moving along to (my) long term plan. You might consider following a simple rule of 3s. That is eat 3 oz of Protein every 3 hours. Calories end up being in an acceptable range and you end up reaching protein goals and more for the day.

Thankfully that was only one day but yesterday I ate 80g of protein and 47g of carbs.....617 calories total yesterday. I don't think I'm eating enough, especially for a breastfeeder so I'm gonna try and up my cals a little. I've tried lowering my carbs but then I develop insomnia, become a total B****, and my exercise goes to crap. Oh and I drank 80 oz of Water. I mostly always reach my protein goals, except for that one day :/