Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I don't know of someone already posted about something like this subject.... I am annoyed bc I was sleeved on the 7th and after 2 days of nothing by mouth period 1 day of cleats only and 5 days of full liquid of 600 cals or less daily I have lost not 1 pound since day of surgery... I know I was on IV Fluid for5 days but I have been off of them for 5 days and was hoping to see at least a couple of pounds gone.... I am not happy about this as you can tell :(

Be patient. It will come off. Sometimes in the beginning it is frustrating - I cried the first few weeks at night regretting the surgery because I didn't think it was working fast enough. I am now about 10 weeks post-op and am down nearly 30 pounds. There were some weeks when I lost nothing other weeks when I lost 4-5 pounds.

I'm frustrated too. I am 3 weeks out and have only lost 5 lbs. I would have thought twice about the surgery if I had known that the weight loss would be so very slow. I could have lost more than 5 lbs without surgery!

Hang on! Your liver is readjusting! Just keep following the rules and get up and move!! It will come off!!

Hang on! Your liver is readjusting! Just keep following the rules and get up and move!! It will come off!!

I have been moving but maybe I will try to do a little more. My doc has not cleared me for any real exercise so I have just been walking laps around my block which makes a convenient 1/2 mile loop:)

I'm frustrated too. I am 3 weeks out and have only lost 5 lbs. I would have thought twice about the surgery if I had known that the weight loss would be so very slow. I could have lost more than 5 lbs without surgery!

That is how I feel. If I had just cut my calories to 600 or less daily a week ago without surgery I would have lost at least 5 lbs by now. I was a serious crash dieter for a while so I know I would have so for me it just doesn't make sense:\

That is how I feel. If I had just cut my calories to 600 or less daily a week ago without surgery I would have lost at least 5 lbs by now. I was a serious crash dieter for a while so I know I would have so for me it just doesn't make sense:\

at least we know that we aren't alone in our struggle...how is your hunger? the surgery hasn't diminished my hunger either. I wasn't hungry for the first couple of weeks but I tend to think it had to do with the pain medication and just not being able to eat. I'm out of pain medicine now and am hungry all the time! I just bought some hunger suppressants to help because the surgery certainly hasn't! The only thing that the surgery has really done for me is limited the amount that I eat but that hasn't really helped me in any way yet either.

If you do a search, you'll find a ton of posts about this. Your body is recovering from a major surgery and is in shock. You were pumped with IV fluids that you are likely still retaining as well. Be patient, keep following the plan, and the weight will come off. One week after surgery, many aren't even holding steady but still UP in their weight from the liquid retention alone.

at least we know that we aren't alone in our struggle...how is your hunger? the surgery hasn't diminished my hunger either. I wasn't hungry for the first couple of weeks but I tend to think it had to do with the pain medication and just not being able to eat. I'm out of pain medicine now and am hungry all the time! I just bought some hunger suppressants to help because the surgery certainly hasn't! The only thing that the surgery has really done for me is limited the amount that I eat but that hasn't really helped me in any way yet either.

I am not really hungry however I have the desire to eat since I am still in the liquid stage I am allowed yogurt and pudding but I am tired of sweet tasting things.I cannot seem to take in all my liquid I am stuck between 30- 40 ounces as I still have an uncomfortable air feeling in my chest when I swallow.

I find myself swallowing a lot of air when I drink liquids too. It's as if my esophagus has also been changed. I have begun mixing Fiber in with broth because I get tired of the sweet Protein drinks too. I have also been pureeing various canned Soups. They fill me up for awhile and don't make me feel too uncomfortable.

I have also been following some of the advice on this board by trying yogurt, pureed Beans, cheese, etc. but that would seem to explain why maybe I haven't lost weight. I just don't understand how so many people on this board eat fattening cheese, yogurt, Peanut Butter, etc. and still lose weight. Anyone who knows about yo-you dieting knows that high calorie dairy products like cheese are absolutely not conducive to losing weight. I tried it anyways though thinking that I would lose weight since my diet is still low calorie even with dairy foods but its not working for me. I just have to do what I know to be right which is just eating Protein like chicken, beef, fish, and veggies.

I eat 0% Fage Greek yogurt not the fattening kind. You can lose weight eating cheese and peanutbutter if your calorie count is still low. I have done a lot of weird diets and come to the conclusion for myself that it is about calories in vs. calories out period for weightloss.This is the reason for my frustration bc I know that in any other situation at <600 calories a day I would be losing.

are you sure that it's not the yogurt keeping you from losing weight? I dieted most of my life and know that my sensitive system simply refuses to release any weight as long as I consume dairy products, nuts, Beans, cheese, peas, or even citrus fruits. I, like you, also tried the Greek yogurt but didn't lose any weight on the days that I did. Do you have sensitive skin? I ask because I'm wondering if your system is as sensitive as mine.

are you sure that it's not the yogurt keeping you from losing weight? I dieted most of my life and know that my sensitive system simply refuses to release any weight as long as I consume dairy products' date=' nuts, Beans, cheese, peas, or even citrus fruits. I, like you, also tried the Greek yogurt but didn't lose any weight on the days that I did. Do you have sensitive skin? I ask because I'm wondering if your system is as sensitive as mine.[/quote']

Yes bc I did lose weight on pre op and I was eating it. I have eaten yogurt on most every diet I have been on and it had never impeded my weightloss.

I eat dairy every day. I drink 2 cups of full fat raw milk plus 1 full fat yogurt a day. I still lose weight. The fat leaves you fuller so I am not hungry all the time. So far it hasn't affected my losing.

My lactose intolerance probably has something to do with the fact that I can't lose weight when I eat dairy.