Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I HAVE to go to the DMV and I am dreading it. It's the whole driver's license photo thing. I am at my heaviest right now and I don't want my picture taken today. In fact, I dont want any pictures taken of me, period. I want to wait until 1 year after surgery.

Help! How do I work up the gumption to go do this?

I have put this off for over a week and now my license has lapsed. This is getting serious!

Go get a new photo when you are close to goal. Go in at that point and tell them that the change you have made makes a new photo necessary, the current one is unrecognizable and causing problems when you have to varify your ID using your liscence. I think it costs about $25 and would be an awesome reward for your hard work and success.

I will agree with you that the before pictures are so difficult to do, but must say I am so glad I did them, and nothing fellow sleeve buddies show me, inspires me more.

2nd idea is - Do you have a good friend that would go with you. It always helps me to take a friend when I have to do something difficult.

Go ahead and get it and look at it this way. I have to go in to the DMV because I've been stopped the last four times by TSA at the airport because my picture (taken when I was at my heaviest) doesn't look like me now. I was also detained at customs for one hour because my passport ID picture doesn't look me a few weeks ago when I came back from Europe. It's money I'd gladly spend. You'll need to do this also in the future!

Thanks for the good words. I will try to be more positive about it. Taking a friend is a great idea. Maybe my dad can go.

Now, what do I do about the weight information? I thinking about lying about my weight by 20 lbs or more. <_<

Yup, just get it done, stuff it in your purse and only take it out when you have to knowing that it's going to be really different later. (been there, done that.) I broke down crying on the guy at DMV one time because my picture was so bad. He retook it!! (it didn't make me any thinner though;) )

On the weight section, my license has said "199" for about 15 years! I told the lady one time that it's about 150 lbs off, and she said "awwww just leave it like that, it sounds better. wink wink" Very UNdmv-like! LOL

Try not to stress about it.

Thanks for the good words. I will try to be more positive about it. Taking a friend is a great idea. Maybe my dad can go.

Now' date=' what do I do about the weight information? I thinking about lying about my weight by 20 lbs or more. <_<[/quote']

They just take the information from your last drivers license. They will just ask u if that information is still correct. When is your surgery?

Not confirmed yet. 2 mos probably.

You can go to the DMV proudly, walk in, take your picture and be honest about your weight. When you are at goal, get your license redone and use the first one with all of your past as a "souvenir" so to speak and a reminder that life can only get better!

In new jersey they ask if you would like to use the old picture. I personally would get a new pic now and just continue to look back at the id and tell myself never be that way again. Kinda like a permenent reminder. Smile life is to short to worry about a photo.

Tink

come on, i see your head hanging low - stop that!!! ^_^ you gotta have your license renewed - fact of life - I don't want to call the law on you :o

as mezanne says - keep the old license, reminding you of your past, as a "souvenir"

you'll always know where you are, but sometimes you need a reminder of where you were

my license doesn't expire til 2019 - crazy how far away that is

i will always hate having my picture taken - but i'm trying to improve on those old feelings - i was debating on getting a new license/new picture/new me!!!!

i was thinking of getting the "new me" picture - its not that i'm "unrecognizeable" from before when i was heavier - its just that why should i look at that mug on my license - who is that person?????

ok, i just talked myself into "it", with your help ladies and gentlemen - i'm going to get a new photo next week - and i KNOW i won't break the camera !!!!!

things just keep getting better and better ;)

Thanks so much for the support. I am off to the DMV!

Today I HAVE to go to the DMV and I am dreading it. It's the whole driver's license photo thing. I am at my heaviest right now and I don't want my picture taken today. In fact, I dont want any pictures taken of me, period. I want to wait until 1 year after surgery.

Help! How do I work up the gumption to go do this?

I have put this off for over a week and now my license has lapsed. This is getting serious!

Question: The picture on your profile, is that you? Is it current? I ask, because I think you look quite attractive in it. I'm 52 and in my whole life, I only had one license photo come out relatively human-like(lol).

Get your license done and as Shrinkydinkme said, go back in a year and proudly say, "take my picture again!"

Go ahead and get it and look at it this way. I have to go in to the DMV because I've been stopped the last four times by TSA at the airport because my picture (taken when I was at my heaviest) doesn't look like me now. I was also detained at customs for one hour because my passport ID picture doesn't look me a few weeks ago when I came back from Europe. It's money I'd gladly spend. You'll need to do this also in the future!

i moved 3 yrs ago and still have not gotten my address changed on my drivers licences. i have determined that i will go before my procedure, to change my address and take a new picture. this will be my token, a reminder of where i once was (and to show how long my dreadlocks have grown since my last picture :D ). so hopefully when i show my id, i will be treated like Massindex