Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Garcia Upper Gi?

So,I'm scheduled for Nov. 14th and received my consent forms today. There is mention that I'll need to have a current upper GI if I've had previous weight loss surgery. I had lapband in 2007 which was disclosed to the back in September when I scheduled the procedure. Now, I have 2 days to have a upper GI? Or, it states that I can have this performed on Mexico and pay the associated cost. I've only saved the amount for the procedure and didn't expect any additional cost while in Mexico. I'm freaking out.....I have 2 days to try and schedule this....and I'm a little irritated. All of this plus my surgery nerves are driving me crazy. Did anyone have this experience?

Now from what I remember the upper GI is very inexpensive like $50.00. I had an endoscopy and it was $300.00. I would have it done in Mexico as it is very easy and convenient. Call your coordinator and find out how much they are going to charge you.

What about additional charges? Did anyone go to Dr Garcia and run into unexpected problems that required more money to correct?

That's a good question. I have my Surgery scheduled for January 7 with Dr. Garcia and was told the total Cost including postop and preop testing plus medication is 4700 dollars. How much more money do I need to bring?

I go Feb 21 and I was told the same thing. I did however see on the surgery info I needed to sign that there may be additional cost if you have a hernia, need an extra day in the hospital or anything else. I'm just wondering. I don't have any health problems that I know of, just would hate to get there and need a 1000 more dollars or something like that.

I go Feb 21 and I was told the same thing. I did however see on the surgery info I needed to sign that there may be additional cost if you have a hernia' date=' need an extra day in the hospital or anything else. I'm just wondering. I don't have any health problems that I know of, just would hate to get there and need a 1000 more dollars or something like that.[/quote']

I am going on the February 28 I will bring extra money

Yeah I will also but I wonder how much extra should I bring

I did have a small stomach hernia that he repaired during surgery but did not charge me extra. You never know what could happen so maybe it is good to be prepared. You can also use your credit card if needed.

Yeah unfortunately I don't have a credit card. They are good in emergencies though

Yeah I will also but I wonder how much extra should I bring

Ok so plan for at least 500-700 extra just in case