Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stonach Acid? Acid Reflux?

Anyone having stomach acid/ acid reflux? It's getting sometimes to bad that I have to take Pepcid.. Anyone else have this ?

Anyone having stomach acid/ acid reflux? It's getting sometimes to bad that I have to take Pepcid.. Anyone else have this ?

Hi

Yes for the last 2 days it's been awful!!! I'm sure it's because I have eaten something's I shouldn't of but I thought I would try, now I know as I don't want this again!!

Hope you feel better!!!

I have been on Nexium since I've been in the hospital and was instructed to take them everyday for 3 months. I thought everyone had to take them... Some form of anti-acid

They only had me taking an anti acid for 6 weeks.. However not it has gotten really bad where my whole stomach hurts.. I have had it before and it was no big deal. I pop a Pepcid and within 5 mins I am fine.. However since the sleeve.. I worry, how is this affecting me?

I have been taking a PPI (antacid) since surgery. I'm miserable without it. Most people post-surgery need some type of PPI. My stomach feels like it's boiling sometimes even with the PPI so I have to take tums or maalox too.

I am wondering if 2 PPI is better than 1 to help with hunger. I get somewhat hungry after 2.5 hours from last eating and would like to eliminate that. I eat every 3 hours a small amount of Protein (3-4 oz).

I am wondering if 2 PPI is better than 1 to help with hunger. I get somewhat hungry after 2.5 hours from last eating and would like to eliminate that. I eat every 3 hours a small amount of Protein (3-4 oz).

I take two Prilosec in am and one Zantac in pm. Helps a lot.

I take two Prilosec in am and one Zantac in pm. Helps a lot.

I was wondering if I could take more than 1 type of acid medicine. I tried protonix and while it worked great for acid, the side effects were awful. I'm guessing you take just the regular zantac?

I was wondering if I could take more than 1 type of acid medicine. I tried protonix and while it worked great for acid' date=' the side effects were awful. I'm guessing you take just the regular zantac?[/quote']

Yes generic 150 mg Zantac

I was on pepcid and it did nothing. I just switched to Omeprozole and it's awesome. I used it before the surgery every day for acid reflux. I am hoping my acid reflux problems go away after surgery but so far no luck.