Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Quickly Things Change!

Hi everyone! I am new to the group after deciding on the sleeve this morning! Met with the bariatrics coordinator last week for the band and got my date for Nov 12. Was super excited and had my first appointment with my surgeon today. He told me the difference in the sleeve and the band and after a few questions and a few Tourette's-like "oh"s we all agreed that the sleeve is for me!!! I got home and immediately began researching and found before and after pics. WOW!!! After 9 years of having my mind set on the band, I gave officially switched over to the sleeve and I am SO FREAKING excited. I start my preop diet tomorrow and not really looking forward to that. So, just putting my story out there and introducing myself to the group!!! Ready for the count down!!!!! 13 days to go!

I went in thinking the lap band was what I wanted. And after talking with the surgeon I decided on the sleeve! By 10 am tomorrow I will be a sleeved man!

Congratulations and welcome :) this app and site is amazing :) I too changed my mind from band to sleeve we are unique and.special! ! Ill be sleeved in 6 days and it feels very UN re@l!!! Good luck to all of us!!!

Sent from my Samsung Admire using VST

I also was scheduled to get a band but changed my mind....just got my approval for the change of a sleeve and Friday the 9th is my day....

Congrats!!! I'm having my lapband removed and converted to the sleeve nov 13th!!!! So u definitely made the right decision!!! Best wishes

I was considering the lap band too and then was introduced to the sleeve. I have officially been sleeved now for 4 weeks and can honestly say it is THE.BEST.THING I have ever done for myself. I am down 23 pounds in 27 days!

With the sleeve there is no foreign object in your body like with a band. And no re-routing of intestines with the bypass. In my opinion it is a far more superior procedure than any of the other bariatric surgeries.

I was up and walking within 3 hours of my surgery, never any nauseau or vomiting and have always been able to tolerate every food I have reintroduced. I can eat about 4-6 ozs. in a sitting and drink plenty of fluids.

Good Luck to each of you! This site is amazing and the support I have received is fabulous!

I went in thinking the lap band was what I wanted. And after talking with the surgeon I decided on the sleeve! By 10 am tomorrow I will be a sleeved man!

Excited for you and the OP both! Keep us posted :D

YAY congrats on ur date and deciding on the sleeve! :) ive been a fan of the sleeve since I started researching all of the wls and the sleeve has always stood out to me! My Date is nov 14th! :)