Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit My Required Wt. For Surgery But...

There is yet another hoop to jump through. -sigh- I went to all my appointments, did the dreaded cpap and got the report saying I did, and (i thought) the last hurdle was to just lose my surgeon's mandatory 5% weight.

So, when I was all giddy after my weigh in and ready to set my date and even pay for it all right then and there (I'm self pay)- I got told no. The psych has not signed off in it yet. I met with him last Thursday and he made no indication that he wouldn't sign off. Just dragging his feet. I know this isn't a big deal to 99% of the world, but to me it's something I've worked so hard on! My balloon was burst! I left my appointments numb. Today I'm just disheartened. It's not a rejection, but it sure feels like it.

The finish line is within reach,take a deep breath and keep your eyes on the prize.You shall taste victory (and it tastes like a Protein shake)

Can you call them and find out what the hold up is?

I know how you feel... just take matter into your own hands, it doesn't hurt to call.

I am sorry to hear you going through this. I too I hope its done now going through the same. I saw mine in Oct 23th and she called me today saying it should be ready tomorrow. Givin i been told this 2 x already.

I'm a little afraid to call. Don't want to seem too pushy. The last time I pressed an issue was to my son's football coach about a technique that was hurting his knees. The result of that was my son going from starter to bench warmer for two games. So I'm a little gun shy.

I'll send an email to my advocate here soon.

Its not pushy at all if you call and ask what the status is.

Maybe they got busy and they aren't in a hurry but if you ask what the status is it could push you to the top. If they say they are still evaluating it then you say ok thank you for your time.

CALL and BE PUSHY! I had to do the same thing with my psych consult they eventually release my report to the doc office but they took there sweet time doing so, said it was because my insurance still had been billed for the appt. Not my problem! But she eventually gave my report over to the office after a few calls from me and them but wasted a good wk and half sitting on it. so I say Call and be pushy you have waited and did your part now they need and should do theres!

I'm a little afraid to call. Don't want to seem too pushy. The last time I pressed an issue was to my son's football coach about a technique that was hurting his knees. The result of that was my son going from starter to bench warmer for two games. So I'm a little gun shy.

I'll send an email to my advocate here soon.

Kick their butts! Tell them you don't take things lightly and you won't hesitate to cut a bi$&@

Ha! I want THEM to cut THIS b---ch! Ha!

sent an email. Titled it 'my annoying email of the day'. I even tried to bargain saying ill be at their support group on Thursday and if we get a date, I'll come early to pay my balance (i live 2 hrs away) I'm self pay and I'd think they'd jump at that.

Hopefully I'll hear something today.

Holy crap, if you're self pay they should schedule you any time you want! Absolutely you should call! These are not volunteers like your son's coach. You're paying them. They work for you!

I would call. My husband had to call to get his endoscopy appt., when he did they said they were sorry it should have been scheduled now it put him a month behind.

I've been a complete pest throughout this whole process. I'm the customer. I'm paying them and have a right to get their butts moving. As long as you are nice about it no one minds you being a little pushy. They know this is a big deal and will help you out.

I sent another little email just asking where we stand today. Funny, the psych & I talked about how the MMPI said that unexpected changes might heighten my anxiety. And now he's the unexpected change! I feel this is a huge test. A huge UNFAIR test. I've been good and done everything ahead of schedule. I don't think it's right to make up new hoops to jump through.

The self-sabotage monster is gnawing at me today!

So, shortly after sending that last email, I got a call from the office! I GOT A DATE! I just started bawling on the phone! Looks like my day is November 13 and pre-op is on Monday! Woohoo!!

So' date=' shortly after sending that last email, I got a call from the office! I GOT A DATE! I just started bawling on the phone! Looks like my day is November 13 and pre-op is on Monday! Woohoo!![/quote']

Congrats!!!