Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vs And Ds In Mexico

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. I'm reading of people getting the VS (sleeved) in Mexico but did anyone get the DS also?

My VDH will be getting sleeved and DS's in the US but I don't quite qualify for it here. I have a BMI of 34.7 (a gain of 2 lbs will get me to the minimum 35 BMI) but I don't have a comorbidity. I'm going to start working on an exception next week due to being dx'd pre-diabetic - I used to take Metformin for it but quit over a year ago - and hypothyroid/hashimoto's disease. If I can't get the exception, I'll go to Mexico.

We've been in contact with Dr Acevede's office and have a quote for both procedures. Just wondering if anyone else with "low" BMI and no comorbidity has the DS done as well and how is that working out for you?

Thanks so much!

Diana

From what I've read, the only doctor in Mexico that's recommended for the DS is Dr Ungson. I don't think any of the other surgeons are recommended for that procedure.

Here's the list of the recommended ones I found:

http://www.dsfacts.com/duodenal-switch-surgeons.html

Thanks. I'm not interested in that site. It's paid for by the doctors and only referrals. There isn't anything "real" behind that list.

i'm looking for opinions from people that have actually had the surgery.

Sorry I was just trying to help, I don't know that site much but when I was looking into the DS I read a lot on forums and everyone was saying to NOT get a doctor not on that list, they weren't affiliated with the site. So I figured they knew what they were talking about. That was the DS community at ObesityHelp by the way.

No problem. it's just a referral site though - there isn't any validation that those are the "best" doctors. Those are the doctors that pay to be on the site and people have referred them. So, if your doctor hasn't paid for an advertisement, then they aren't on there.

Search this forum for Dr. Aceves - he has loads more patients on here than any other doctor but isn't on the ds site. And, on this forum, the top post is information regarding Dr. Aceves.

And, my original question isn't looking for a referal. I'm looking for anyone that has had the double surgery in Mexico.

True, but there was never any doubt that Dr Aceves was a great vertical sleeve surgeon, and as this is a vertical sleeve forum it would make sense that he'd have great reviews here. I just don't know if he's a great DS surgeon, from what I know it's a MUCH more complicated surgery, but I have not had it done myself, I chickened out at the cost :) But you may have more luck on the ObesityHelp forums since they're not geared to any one surgery like this one is.

Thanks again - but I'm still not looking for reviews of any doctors. I'm looking for someone who has had both the VS and DS in Mexico, not someone who hasn't had it done.

Yes but as I told you, you're better looking for that at Obesityhelp and not here, anyways, I tried to help and now i'll just shut up, I don't seem to be making myself understood.

I understand what you're telling me. You apparently aren't understand what I'm asking for.

This is the Self pay & Mexico VS Surgery forum.

Yes, VS = vertical sleeve, not DS. There is however a forum dedicated to DS on the Obesityhelp forums. I know a lot of people there have had the surgery done, honestly I have not heard of anyone talking about the DS surgery here. I was just trying to point you in a direction that you may get a reply, I am not sure if you'd get one here, I didn't want you to be discouraged and think that nobody had read or was responding to your post is all.

As I've said, I appreciate the information you've provided.

I'll wait to see if anyone posts here.

Thank you. Have a nice evening.

Hi everyone' date='

Newbie here. I'm reading of people getting the VS (sleeved) in Mexico but did anyone get the DS also?

My VDH will be getting sleeved and DS's in the US but I don't quite qualify for it here. I have a BMI of 34.7 (a gain of 2 lbs will get me to the minimum 35 BMI) but I don't have a comorbidity. I'm going to start working on an exception next week due to being dx'd pre-diabetic - I used to take Metformin for it but quit over a year ago - and hypothyroid/hashimoto's disease. If I can't get the exception, I'll go to Mexico.

We've been in contact with Dr Acevede's office and have a quote for both procedures. Just wondering if anyone else with "low" BMI and no comorbidity has the DS done as well and how is that working out for you?

Thanks so much!

Diana[/quote']

hi diana, i have the same problem.. i had the sleeve in may 2012 end let me tell you that i had only lost 25 lbs.. i have been in stall for about 2 months. I just don't think that my dictor did not cut enaught.. if i would know about surgery in MX i would it go there.. how much is that surgery in mx????

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Diana327, I don't understand why you are being rude to hazelsmrf. As she pointed out, this is a VSG board therefore anyone on this site would have had VSG not DS.

It is a self-pay for Mexico sub-forum, but for those who are having VSG.

How am I being rude? I asked for information from people who had the surgery? i didn't ask for referrals nor did i ask for another message board that might have the answer. That's what she provided.

I thanked her for the information. But that wasn't what I was looking for.

Isn't it possible someone on this board has had both?

I understand what you're telling me. You apparently aren't understand what I'm asking for.

This is the Self pay & Mexico VS Surgery forum.

Common sense tells me that if one had a sleeve procedure that didn't work out, and then later had DS surgery, they would be on a DS site.

If this is how you join a board, all I have to say is good luck to you. I hope you find the info you're looking for. I doubt you will find it here, on verticalsleevetalk, especially in this small Mexico forum.