Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Day 4! Feeling A Ok!

No we only have to take it as we heal. For instance' date=' my protonix is a 30 day supply & my surgeon said after I'm done with it, I won't likely need it anymore. Caraface is just to coat your belly from all the meds since we aren't eating yet.[/quote']

So which one do you take first the caraface or protonix. And how long between the two?

I wasn't given caraface, only phenergran in case I did get nauseated. But I haven't. He told me if I needed it, he would call it in for me.

As for the sleeping, I have noticed I sleep better with a bunch of pillows under my head and neck. And I've been sleeping on the couch. It just seems to take pressure off my incision area so it doesn't stretch my belly.

I was sleeved on the 18th I'm so tired as of yesterday. I lost 15 Pds this week. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein. Almost meeting my Water goals though. This is harder then I imagined. No pain tow speak of or nausea or vomiting. Some spasms in my belly but not to bad. My biggest issue right now is the fatigue!

I would always go with Protein first, i bought whey protein in choc,.& mix with skim milk, milk has 8 g of protein in 1 cup,& i feel better than ever. But most important,listen to your body, everyones body is different,.& it may take longer,.good luck ;)

How are you guys sleeping. On day 4 and can only sleep sitting up.

I am sleeping on my back in my bed propped up with pillow. Need help getting out of bed. Now I just noticed my contact lens are not clearing up my vision as normal First day wearing them again since Monday. Very strange.

Caraface first. And I'd guess 30-60 minutes before anything else. It's a band-aid for your stomach.

I am sleeping on my back in my bed propped up with pillow. Need help getting out of bed. Now I just noticed my contact lens are not clearing up my vision as normal First day wearing them again since Monday. Very strange.

Jayne...do you/have you ever had issues with your blood sugar? Sometimes drastic changes in your sugar can cause vision differences. I'd check with your doc if it continues.

Hi guys, I was sleeved on Thursday 25 th oct and my doc warned me about that pain when sipping. He said that this happens when the stomach acids and the drink meets. I definitely have it though! Pain not so bad now, just waiting to be off Clear liquids - doc says nothing but clears for five full days.

I had my surgery on Thursday October 25 and I'm having horrible gas pain, also woke up with a dried mouth I've sipping Water for about 2 hours, I'm scared to back to sleep,

The dry mouth is normal,.its from a med they give you in surgery to put tube down your mouth...

The dry mouth is normal,.its from a med they give you in surgery to put tube down your mouth...

I kinda felt like I was not breathing, but it was my dry mouth. I'm better now my husband is taking good care of me, can't wait for stage 2 I'm so over liquids..

Also sleeved on the 23rd. I take in 3 liquid meals of 6 oz and 3 liquid Snacks of 4oz. I struggle to get in 3 cups of Water after that. My incision starting to itch but no pain. My stomach just feels heavy and swollen. No bowel movement since the 29th so does not help tummy. Struggling with gas in my shoulders. Ouch!!!!

Also sleeved on the 23rd. I take in 3 liquid meals of 6 oz and 3 liquid Snacks of 4oz. I struggle to get in 3 cups of Water after that. My incision starting to itch but no pain. My stomach just feels heavy and swollen. No bowel movement since the 29th so does not help tummy. Struggling with gas in my shoulders. Ouch!!!!

All I do is drink Water through out the whole day At "dinner time" with my family I have broth. What exactly are your 3 liquid meals, 6oz and 3 liquid Snacks of 4oz. My liquid BM are mixed in with gas relief most times. Luckily I had no gas pains.