Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Favorite Protein Supplements, Please

I did a search on this topic because I'm sure it's been done a million times before, but it came up negative.

Please post your favorite Protein supplement. Thanks so much from a new bander!

:girl_hug:

WELCOME:)

WHEN WERE YOU BANDED AND WHERE? YOU'VE ALREADY LOST 17 LBS, THATS GREAT! I WENT TO A HEALTHFOOD STORE NEAR ME AND BOUGHT A Protein powder MY DAUGHTER TOLD ME ABOUT. IT HAS ALMOST ALL THE VITAMANS YOU NEED. I THINK THE NAME IS SPIRTUAL, THAT IS CLOSE ANYWAY. IT IS IN A WHITE CAN AND I GET THE vanilla Protein Drink. I DO TWO DIFFERENT drinks.

1) ORANGE juice, SCOOP OF P/POWDER, 2 SPLENDA PACKETS, 1 RAW EGG AND ICE. BLEND AND IT TASTE LIKE A ORANGE JULIUS, VERY GOOD. ABOUT 23 GRAMS OF Protein.< /p>

2) 1 C MILK, SCOOP OF P/P, 2 S/PACKETS, 1/3 FROZEN banana, 6-8 FROZEN BERRYS OF YOUR CHOICE. ABOUT 25 G/PROTEIN.

BOTH ARE GREAT! :girl_hug:

DIANE

I went to the local natural food store and bought all the individual packets of Protein shake mix I could find. I tried BioChem, Jay Rabb, Hank's (free sample from the internet), Spiritein, Designer whey, Carb Solutions. None thrilled me.

A friend recommended NitroTech from GNC. They come in ready made cans to try the flavors. She was right, they all taste like melted ice cream. A little pricey, but with a sale and the gold card 20% discount, wasn't too bad for large containers.

I also bought a bunch of Isopure flavors. Milkshakes get a little tiresome when that's all you can consume. Sometimes you just want a different taste.

LadyDi,

I was just banded on Thursday (17 pounds lost during pre-op diet), so thus far I can only drink the "clear" Protein drinks like Isopure and New Whey. But I'm looking forward to trying others. Some of these sound tasty. Thanks, everyone, for the tips!!

:girl_hug:

Although I've not tried them, I've heard they're wonderful and in such a small little "shot". My friends who've tried them say they're very tasty, like a jello-shot. And clear liquid, for you.

http://store.bariatriceating.com/conewwhlipr.html

If for some reason the site doesn't take you right to them, they're called New Whey liquid Protein. From what I can see there's 25g of Protein in 1 shot.

Personally, if I need extra protein at this point I just use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. But I don't really need it much anymore. I do my best to get all I need from solid food.

IVE TRIED THEM ALL!! I cant say I LOVE any of them. Currently the easiest to stomach after 3 weeks of constant liquid is the pre mixed Slim fast low carb chocolate, and the any whey powder Protein. My tastes changed so much pre and post op. The ones I liked pre op I couldnt stomach post op. Maybe later I'll try them again! Dont buy too many of any kind pre-op, seeing as I have several post op that I gag to look at!!

For me, the easiest to get down are the Isopure Fruit Drinks mixed with Water. Alone, they taste like Jello on crack, just way to sweet, yuckbut mixed with water they are much better. I can't do any of the choc/vanilla flavored stuff because they all taste chalky to me and I throw them up, so not good :)

I really like a lot of the Protein Delight and IDS and Matrix Protein supps.....guess the Orange Cream Matrix is my fave (mild orange flavor, not citrusy, not overly sweet). (they are all avail. at bariaticeating.com)

If you get tired of shakes (or don't want cold drinks this winter), the vanilla Cinnamon and/or Cappacino protein supps sold on that site are wonderful with hot coffee or chai tea.

They are such a help not for your health but also to control the cravings for something like a frozen dessert or a starbucks.

My favorite by far is Muscle Milk. It tastes like whole chocolate milk, but not as sweet - it's just right. you can find it at Target, but it is about half that price at Sam's. Get the pre-mixed liquid instead of the powder - it's much better!

I really like a lot of the Protein Delight and IDS and Matrix Protein supps.....guess the Orange Cream Matrix is my fave (mild orange flavor, not citrusy, not overly sweet). (they are all avail. at bariaticeating.com)

If you get tired of shakes (or don't want cold drinks this winter), the vanilla Cinnamon and/or Cappacino protein supps sold on that site are wonderful with hot coffee or chai tea.

They are such a help not for your health but also to control the cravings for something like a frozen dessert or a starbucks.

Starbucks can be a GOOD choice. A grande non-fat latte has 160 calories and 16 grams of protein. If you check the nutrition info on the can, those expensive "supplements" often do not have much more protein than plain old skim milk.

I tried so many. Pretty much anything with whey was really gross and bitter. Zero carb stuff just tasted like chemicals. My favorite is the GNC brand soy Protein (sometimes labeled "pro performance 95"). Great flavors are Cookies n Cream and Vanilla. Excellent taste, high Protein, low carb!

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133648&cp=2167077.2168524.2169548&parentPage=family

I tried so many. Pretty much anything with whey was really gross and bitter. Zero carb stuff just tasted like chemicals. My favorite is the GNC brand soy Protein (sometimes labeled "pro performance 95"). Great flavors are Cookies n Cream and Vanilla. Excellent taste, high Protein, low carb!

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133648&cp=2167077.2168524.2169548&parentPage=family

But you get 25 grams of protein for 130 calories, at $1.15 per serving. Why not just drink 12 oz of skim milk? It has 129 calories and 24 grams of protein, for about 50 cents. Add some sugar free flavoring, if you like. It will still be cheaper and probably taste just as good.