Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

MIsty,

Assuming you are 5'3.. 181lbs and the age you posted here then i calculated your BMR to be 2013. To calculate your maintain weight cals I put you down as sedentary since i do not know your exercise level and to maintain weight you need 2,585 calories a day. So if you eat between 1,000 to 1,300 calories a day you could lose alot of weight!!! More with exercise. Also remember if you eat only 600-800 clas a day for more thana few days your body thinks it is starving and will hold on to weight insyead of losing it. Also this is considred starvation mode so you will also lose hair and get sick . Below is the site to calculate your maintannce weight

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html

IS it Dr. Cirangle or Jossart? We practice out of California Pacific med ctr. in SFO... I have been thinking about Jossart doing my fills once I have my first one by my surgeon in MX.:)

Yes. Dr. Jossart did my surgery and they take turns coming up here once a month.

Tom,

You took the words right out of my mouth! :) I have been losing an avg of 2-2.5 lbs a week eating betwen 800 -1100 calories a day. The more I move the more I lose of course. I decided not to have my fill this week will wait a bit more...down to 190-191 so that makes it 36 lbs since Nov.3

Tom, I joined Gold's gym and tried out your elliptical machine....ouch...lasted a loooooonnnnggggg 4 minutes!!!! then I did treadmill for about 25 mins. and then some weights.

I think, in the long run, you'll be MUCH happier with the slower, consistent weight loss. I've noticed that after not eating for a week due to too much of a fill and losing 12 pounds in a week, the skin is extra saggy. I'm hanging in all the wrong places. :omg: Skin is quite elastic. A bit slower loss allows the body to "resize" the skin more easily. I don't want to be a skinny person with tons of skin sagging. I've from someone I work with that had the gastric bypass and then needed a skin reduction surgery, the skin surgery was MUCH more painful and took longer to recover than did the bypass.

As to the ellipitcal trainer, I'm sure there must be laws against them somewhere. I did stay on for 6 minutes but after 4 thought I was going to die. I was bound and determined to make it the 15 minutes but there's no way. I haven't been back on it. I've been doing the recumbent bike for 15 minutes (try to keep it equivalent to 15 MPH - burn about 500 calories per hour) followed by the weights (one day upper, one day lower) and then 5 more minutes on the bike. Trying to build the second session on the bike up to 15 minutes. Right now, I'm only going twice a week but I've been doing lots more around the farm moving hay bales, putting up fences, etc. Soon will be carrying Water buckets. I hope to work in another 1-2 times a week at the fitness center to do some cardio (bike, treadmill, etc.) And there will come a day when the ellipitical machine and I will meet. And, of course, I'm always trying to get as many of the "other" exercising in as possible. :help:

Tom

I've been doing the recumbent bike for 15 minutes (try to keep it equivalent to 15 MPH - burn about 500 calories per hour) followed by the weights (one day upper, one day lower) and then 5 more minutes on the bike. Trying to build the second session on the bike up to 15 minutes. Right now, I'm only going twice a week but I've been doing lots more around the farm moving hay bales, putting up fences, etc. Soon will be carrying Water buckets. I hope to work in another 1-2 times a week at the fitness center to do some cardio (bike, treadmill, etc.) And there will come a day when the ellipitical machine and I will meet. And, of course, I'm always trying to get as many of the "other" exercising in as possible. :help:

Tom

Tom...hmmmmm.. I am trying to see if I know someone your way that might help with the "other" exercising :)

[quote

Tom...hmmmmm.. I am trying to see if I know someone your way that might help with the "other" exercising :)

Applications gladly accepted. :heh: And, if they're willing to my sugar mommy (heck, at this point, I'd take a sugar daddy too!) all the better. :)

Tom

[quote

Tom...hmmmmm.. I am trying to see if I know someone your way that might help with the "other" exercising :D

Applications gladly accepted. :heh: And, if they're willing to my sugar mommy (heck, at this point, I'd take a sugar daddy too!) all the better. :D

Tom

Hmmmm....Tom, we need to find you a girlfriend!!!!:faint: You've been hiding :) for wY TOO LONG!

So I got my 2nd fill about a week ago and Oh BOY! I keep getting things stuck and it is much more difficult to swallow things. I now can't do meat well. I tried to eat a hamburger nogo! pizza, the crust is rough. So, I guess I am filled much better. I don't think I need more. I now have 5 cc in a 10cc band. Finally good to go.

My friend is in Canada and is part of the test study for that band with the remote. She had her surgery on 1/23. Hasn't been filled yet. She only had to pay $8,000 of the $18,000. I'll let you know how they fill her.

So I got my 2nd fill about a week ago and Oh BOY! I keep getting things stuck and it is much more difficult to swallow things. I now can't do meat well. I tried to eat a hamburger nogo! pizza, the crust is rough. So, I guess I am filled much better. I don't think I need more. I now have 5 cc in a 10cc band. Finally good to go.

You may be too full! I had 3 cc in a 4 cc band and nothing would go through. They back me down to 2.5 cc. MOST days I'm OK. Some days are rougher and I struggle to not get things stuck. Breads seem to be the most difficult. Usually, if the day starts out rough (usually have a poached egg and 1/4 of a toasted bagel for breakfast), it remains tough all day. Today was one of those days. I stuck to more liquid/soft foods (yogurt, Protein shakes, etc.) for most of the day.

Fortunately, I guess, I've always been able to basically vomit on command. When I do get something stuck, I don't have much trouble bringing it back up. I'm getting to the point that I can almost tell as soon as I take the first bite whether I'm good or not. I just had the slime that builds up until the food is dislodged. It's a constant battle to take small bites and chew, chew, chew.

Tom

On Friday night, I met a friend at TGI-Fridays for dinner. They were having the 3 course meal for $12.99. I figured it would be enough food for several meals so what the heck.

For my appetizer, my friend got the fried green Beans. I was going to get the spicy chicken pot stickers but they had onion and I'm allergic to onion. (Our waiter was new but very conscientious. I asked if it did. He didn't think they did but came back out and told me they did so I could pick another item.) I decided to go for the totally unhealthy fried macaroni and cheese. (I ate one of them.)

For my entree', I picked the tortilla encrusted tilapia. I'm not usually big on fish but it sounded good. It mentioned that it had green onion so I ordered it minus the onion. It came out covered in onion. The person bringing the food out was not my server but was very apologetic and returned the item. A couple minutes later the manager came over and told me that if I was allergic, the dish was probably not one of my better choices as the rice that came with it had onion, there was onion powder in the tortilla breading and onion somewhere else in addition to the green onion on top. She recommended the turkey burger saying it was quite good. I explained that I had the band and was worried it would be too dense to comfortable eat. She told me not to worry about sticking to the items on the combination list to just pick anything on the menu. She even asked one of the other managers who is allergic to onion what his suggestions would be. (He suggested ribs and I'm not a big fan of ribs.) She then suggested the beef brisket sandwich. I said I'd do that but not as a sandwich. A couple of minutes later she brought me out the entree, complete with parmesean potato wedges. And she brought me a pecan-encrusted chicken breast that they put on a salad. She said she wanted to give me some options. The level of attention she gave was unbelievable and WAY above the expected. I told her it was enough food for a week and she said that was great, just to come back next week when I ran out.

For my guilty pleasure, I ordered the Cinn-a-bon Cheesecake. Basically, it's a Cinn-a-bon cinnamon bun as a cheesecake. I only ate two bites but it was a near-sexual experience. :hungry: I ended up getting 6 servings out of the one piece. I'll probably have gained 5 pounds just because of it but it was worth it. Even if I have to face the ellipitical trainer, it was worth it. :heh:

And, on top of all that, my check was randomly selected to do a phone survey and I get a free appetizer next time I go back. Plus, she gave me their corporate phone number and told me if I call, they'll send me free stuff. And I'll be calling her General Manager on Monday to sing her praises. I work in customer service and all too often, you only hear what doesn't go right. Especially with my experience earlier in the week, I was so impressed. The food was quite good but it was the service that made the difference.

Tom

:whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: :whoo:

I did it. I'm doing a dance. Whoo...hooo.. Yipee

I am under 200 lbs as of this morning. 199.6 to be exact.

I went to a potluck yesterday and did a good job of behaving myself but I did eat about 4 small bits of cake. Must of been what I needed!lol

Doing the happy dance all day!!! Tooting my horn!!

I went to a potluck yesterday and did a good job of behaving myself but I did eat about 4 small bits of cake. Must of been what I needed!lol

:clap2: Congrats! :clap2:

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!! You are now in Onederland!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: