Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

I tried to eat some chicken breast tonight (Roasted Breast) and I got some down but it was TIGHT.. a little pain etc...YIKES ( I had a little bit of a CHIPOLTE Bowl w/no rice or lettuce yesterday and the bits of chicken were fine??) This is a learning process for sure. What works and what does not. I am still trying to stay of soft foods but its difficult. :tired

I am going to do all liquids today. Yesterday was so miserable for me. I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow with all the food around me. I guess not having it for one year isn't going to kill me.

Here's what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving! I'm going to use a very small plate. I'm going to put a spoon of any cooked veges on it, and a small piece of turkey. I'm going to drink a glass of Water first. Then I'm going to spend the meal chew chew chewing so my stuff lasts as long as everyone else's! It's gonna be liquid before I swallow and it's gonna be small bites! I'm gonna work it, baby! I may leave the table during dessert, or I may pick a few cherries out of a cherry pie and nurse those along. Nah. Probably play with the dogs during dessert..... I am ready!

Here's my plan...Since I am not going to cook a meal this year, I am going to go serve someone else that NEEDS food! I am going to volunteer and help serve turkey dinner to the needy/homeless. I have always wanted to do it, but have always been so wrapped up in my own holiday.

This year, since I am still on "mushies", I thought I would give up the day for people who are hungry :-)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jill

P.S. A week post op and feeling great!

Hi everyone,

I had my surgery yesterday along with 4 other gals. We are all doing great. no complications. I don't even have the dreaded gas pains. :eek: We should be leaving the hospital soon today and then back to our hotel. I feel great!

Good to future bandsters...there's nothing to worry about....it's very quick and easy!

Hi everyone, that above message was actually from ME while I was in the clinic. But I was too groggy to realize I posted a message without signing in so I accidentally used someone else's log-in...sorry about that LISAG77!

I am now 2 days post-op and I feel fantastic. I have no problem sleeping on either side, my intake of liquids is great, I have no pain or discomfort, just some slight stomach swelling. I even managed to avoid any gas pains after the surgery. But I think that was due to everyone's great advice here, I walked and walked and walked.

Good luck to future bandsters. This is the start of a great journey!!

I am all banded and ready for a wonderful day on the couch watching rerun of Law and Order and The Closer. Before hubby leaved for him Moms I am going to have him make me anothe bowl of Jello.

I am still in a bit of pain from yesterday, but not too bad. I couldn't sleep last night. I think it was mostly because I was scared. Scared because yesterday I wanted to eat food. Yes, the same day I was banded I wanted to eat food! Man, if my urges are that bad on day one how the heck am I ever going to survive this?

I deffinatly did not go thru surgery to cheat and not become the healthy person I know I am destine to be.

How have others dealt with this? I am has seen where some have given in.. and quite frankly it scares the heck out of me. I am truly a food addict.. I know that first bite with screw me up!

Any suggestions?

I hope that everyone gets to enjoy this day for what it is really all about... family and celebrating what is good in life.

Just to kick things off a bit... how about we all share 3 things we are grateful for:

1 my family and their health

2 having successful surgury yesterday

3 having the support of people like you!!!

Have a great day!

Misty

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you all have a wonderful thanksgiving. Mine will be interesting since I will be forced to focus on other aspects of the holiday other than food, especially since I am on liquids for quit a bit. But that is ok, I am looking forward to the challenge. I am looking forward to the Grey's Anatomy special tonight, oh and of coarse spending time with my family! :)

I am feeling better, I did wind up going to the doctor about my pain and the odd looking incision. He was very kind to meet with me and explain that everything looks normal and seems to be going quite well. He suggested for me to take Ibuprofen with the pain meds. for a better impact and that has helped a lot. I am still feeling rather out of it, like I have cobwebs in my head, everything seems a bit fuzzy...and I am having quit a bit of trouble from getting up from a laying down position, but besides that I am doing pretty well!

I hope that you all have a fabulous day! I am thankful for you all!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

First I am thankful for my faith. Then, I am thankful that I can eat Clear Liquids, I am thankful that I had the money to pay for the band, I am thankful for all of your support, I am thankful that my biggest problem today is that I can't eat turkey. I am thankful that my Band life will be focused on life not food.

Have a thankful day everyone !!!

Terri

Hey everyone, :)

I got back from Tijuana, Mexico yesterday... I think I was more scared of the flight then the actual surgery. All went well except for some bruising and some swelling in my stomache.... I have trouble getting up from a sitting position and get dizzy when standing, ( it might have something to do with the pain meds)....anyways I just wanted to let everyone know I'm okay and thanks for your prayers....I'll be praying for everyone and their recovery....Well, I haven't been able to drink much liquids...I've probably drank about 16oz of Water a day and nothing else, is that normal?...today will be my first day since 11/19 that I will be eating (chicken broth of course) hope all goes well...

Well, all for now getting dizzy looking at monitor, LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Diana G.

I did wind up going to the doctor about my pain and the odd looking incision. He was very kind to meet with me and explain that everything looks normal and seems to be going quite well. He suggested for me to take Ibuprofen with the pain meds.

Veggestyle,

The surgeon who banded you suggested you take Ibuprofen? If not, you might want to double-check that with your surgeon before you continue that medication. My surgeon told me that I am NEVER to take ANY NAISD EVER again after banding. That includes Mortin, Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen, or any medicine containing Ibuprofen. The reason is because these meds stay in the pouch too long, which can lead to ulcers and to band erosion.

I was told only to take Tylenol, for the above reason, but also because it doesn't thin the blood, in case or bleeding after surgery.

Hey Misty. I know what you mean about being a food addict. the most encouraging thing for me so far is that every day is different. some days I learn from mistakes, and some days from successes. But ti's all heading in the right direction. Today, I'm grateful that I had exactly the right Breakfast and exercise, and that I actually feel some real hunger that hasn't been covered up by stuffing myself. It feels good, and powerful. Maybe someday I'll be able to see my feet! It's a grand journey we're starting.