Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Going To Aceves In Dec?

Hi I'm a newbie here :-) Not quite sure how this works. But I was wondering who is planning to have surgery with Dr. Alberto Aceves? And if anyone will be there around Dec. 4th?

Faith in Christ can move mountains <3

Hi there, I'm a newbie too, scheduled also with Dr. Aceves but on Nov. 12th. Good luck :)

Hi there, I'm a newbie too, scheduled also with Dr. Aceves but on Nov. 12th. Good luck :)

You too! You'll have to let me know how things go :-)

Hi I'm a newbie here :-) Not quite sure how this works. But I was wondering who is planning to have surgery with Dr. Alberto Aceves? And if anyone will be there around Dec. 4th?

Hi! Just wanted to say that when i went I only knew one person from this site (my surgery sister FRZA) but there were several people already there in different stages of recovery. So don't worry too much if no one says they are going, you are sure to find other people there. One person knew we were going by reading this forum but didn't post about it. We met her at the airport.

Hi! Just wanted to say that when i went I only knew one person from this site (my surgery sister FRZA) but there were several people already there in different stages of recovery. So don't worry too much if no one says they are going' date=' you are sure to find other people there. One person knew we were going by reading this forum but didn't post about it. We met her at the airport.[/quote']

Oh ok! Good :-) Thanks! I'm super excited. Just thought it would be cool to talk with people on the same journey. I saw some of your posts. You were very pleased with Aceves right? I have a friend at my church who recommended him. He couldn't say enough wonderful things about him, his staff, or the hospital. Of course now that I'm doing so much research, I keep seeing Alvarez's name pop up everywhere and I wonder. But! I paid the deposit, booked the flights, and the surgery, so it's happening now :-)

You too! You'll have to let me know how things go :-)

I sure will ;-) ... BTW ... I think both Dr. Aceves and Dr. Alvarez are really great doctors and you can't go wrong with either of them. I simply choose Dr Aceves, because I liked the 3 night stay in the hospital better and the sx date that came available worked great with my schedule ...

I sure will ;-) ... BTW ... I think both Dr. Aceves and Dr. Alvarez are really great doctors and you can't go wrong with either of them. I simply choose Dr Aceves' date=' because I liked the 3 night stay in the hospital better and the sx date that came available worked great with my schedule ...[/quote']

I like Dr. Alvarez's website and statistics. He's done a lot of sleeves successfully. I downloaded his book today and am reading it. I like Dr. Aceves because his staff is so nice and he and the hospital come highly recommended. But I'm booked with Aceves, just having second thoughts and looking at Alvarez. Has anyone else done this once booked? Am I the only surgeon hopper?

I just had my surgery 9 days ago with Dr Aceves in Mexicali, I really feel good, as Dr Aceves told me next day of my surgery "it seems that You had no surgery, you look happy"... I had no pain, the staff was really nice. Its hard spend the days only drinking liquids but Im working on it, I hope your experience will be as good as mine.

I had surgery with dr aceves on june 30th of this year had no complications, went by myself and I feel wonderful no regrets at all. Good luck

Are you still scheduled on November 12th? I am being picked up on November 11th by Ernesto at the airport. Dr. Bello is doing my plastic surgery on the 12th. I had my sleeve with Dr. Aceves on 1/5/11. I hope i get to meet you!

Denise B.

Are you still scheduled on November 12th? I am being picked up on November 11th by Ernesto at the airport. Dr. Bello is doing my plastic surgery on the 12th. I had my sleeve with Dr. Aceves on 1/5/11. I hope i get to meet you!

Denise B.

Hi :-) and yessssss, I'm still on for Nov. 12th for my revision. My hubby and I arrive in SAN on Nov 11th @ 10:04 am. So I guess we WILL meet :D When do you come in?

Thanks for all the responses!! I did decide after researching them both to switch to Alvarez. Nothing against Dr. Aceves, he's awesome I'm sure, but it seemed like Alvarez specialized in the sleeve and has done thousands of procedures. I'm booked for Dec. 3rd with Dr. Alvarez :-) I'm psyched!!

Hi :-) and yessssss, I'm still on for Nov. 12th for my revision. My hubby and I arrive in SAN on Nov 11th @ 10:04 am. So I guess we WILL meet :D When do you come in?

We are actually going in on Friday...Gonna have some fun before surgery. We are flying in from Maryland. My sister is coming with me. I will see you at the airport around 10:30! So excited!