Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inner Thighs - Ick!

Wow. Me too with the yucky skin and blackheads! I have my WLS scheduled for 3/11/13 in Mx. Once I hit goal my thighs will definately be a "nip/tuck" area. I along with my tummy, arms, and a lift for my breasts.

Amanda Rae

Research hidradenitis, its an uncurable skin condition. My dermatologist diagnosed me with it. The more weight I have gained the worse it got. Sounds like you guys have a mild to moderate case, if thats what you have. I have had it since puberty and its very embarrassing. I have it under my arms and under my breasts as well. . It can be very mild to very severe in some cases. Some of the images are pretty graphic. There is too much info to list, but if you google it, there is a lot of info. My dermatologist suggested I put 1/4 cup of bleach in the tub and soak for 20 mins. Pretty much the same thing as the chlorine in a swimming pool.

Hope this helped.

Amanda

Hidradenitis is basically a disorder of your sweat (apocrine) glands. Basic blackheads are unlikely due to this condition as with hidradenitis you have painful swollen abscesses.

Another poster said acanthosis Nigricans. This is likely especially if you have or had insulin resistance (diabetes, PCOS). Look up pics. It occurs at folds in the body (neck, under arms, inner thigh).

As for prevention if you're dealing with complications of good old fashion chub rub: Vaseline, baby powder, keep the area DRY. I have even put deodorant down there to diminish sweating and always change right after working out.. Haha kind of a fun topic!

I wasn't sure, if that was considered a form of hidradenitis,I do have the accesses and they suck! I jus hope it lessens after my surgery. Thanks for the clarification.

Amanda

Sure thing Amanda. It's good to spread the word of relatively common problems like acanthosis Nigricans and hidradenitis.

I'm not saying you couldn't have blackheads and hidradenitis but if blackheads are the only symptom then it's unlikely. Something I forgot to mention is that with hidradenitis you can get weird thick raises (described as rope like) of the skin. However most people get draining abscesses. I'm sorry you have to deal with this painful and quite frankly...annoying condition!

Wow you learn something new all the time! Pretty sure I have both of these conditions. I have knots that form under my armpits pretty regularly that hurt sometimes and if squeezed contain puss.

And the darkening between my thigh has always bugged me. I tend to get pimples there too very often. The raising of the skin- especially on the back of my neck has been there since I was a pre teen. I found out a while ago that was caused from insulin resistance so it's interesting to read more on this here. The darkening of the skin also has always existed under my arms and my neck also. Growing up my mom would assume it was dirt and make me scrub till I was raw. I felt so bad about myself. It's refreshing to read these things are common!

Wow you learn something new all the time! Pretty sure I have both of these conditions. I have knots that form under my armpits pretty regularly that hurt sometimes and if squeezed contain puss.

And the darkening between my thigh has always bugged me. I tend to get pimples there too very often. The raising of the skin- especially on the back of my neck has been there since I was a pre teen. I found out a while ago that was caused from insulin resistance so it's interesting to read more on this here. The darkening of the skin also has always existed under my arms and my neck also. Growing up my mom would assume it was dirt and make me scrub till I was raw. I felt so bad about myself. It's refreshing to read these things are common!

The places under your arms can also be Mersa. My daughter played softball on a college scholarship and she had these bumps regularly. They seemed to be brought on by her arm running her uniform when she pitched. So we treated them as such and later found that thy were Mersa.

The places under your arms can also be Mersa. My daughter played softball on a college scholarship and she had these bumps regularly. They seemed to be brought on by her arm running her uniform when she pitched. So we treated them as such and later found that thy were Mersa.

I have these bumps too. I get them under my arms and between my thighs. But I always pop them and then they go down and go away.

I have these bumps too. I get them under my arms and between my thighs. But I always pop them and then they go down and go away.

My dermatologist gave me an antibiotic when they get really bad. I have also heard the Botox shots in the affected area can also help. They have left a lot of scaring from the acne like bump under the arms and groin. Tanning seems to help too, the sun and uv lights have a germicidal effect on the bumbs, and dries them out.Tunneling is also a sign of hidradenitis. I'm wondering if insurance will cover a breast lift and a Tummy Tuck due to the break outs where my skin rubs together.

Amanda

I have to chime in here. I've been suffering from Hidradenitis suppurativa since puberty. It's painful, ugly, and embarrassing. My doctor put me on a cocktail of 500mg rifampin and 500mg clindamycin 2x a day and it has helped so much!!!!! Just thought I'd share :)

I had something similar happen 5 years ago- I apparently nicked myself shaving and kept getting abscesses that wouldn't go away. Went to the dermatologist and I had MRSA. Had to have them removed and they wound up taking a lymph node in the process. It was a yucky experience.

Wow I want my money back !!!! The title of the post was inner thighs , all I got was pimples, rhino rash, dark spots ect...I WAS ROBBED !!

Wow I want my money back !!!! The title of the post was inner thighs ' date=' all I got was pimples, rhino rash, dark spots ect...I WAS ROBBED !![/quote']

That's funny.... because I also feel robbed every time I read one of your posts! :o

Btw just to prove I am a man, I reread and saw the ICK.on the first pass I saw inner thighs stopped reading right there and started clicking away, my mind stays in the gutter!