Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Loosing Fast Enough? (Got The Sleeve At 154#)

Hello everyone! Why are you coming down so harshly on someone who only had a start weight of 154?? You do not know all of her/his stats and medical condition and it is not fair to jump to conclusions. Just because someone is not morbidly obese does not mean they are not entitled to better themselves and better their health. Lighten up and Celebrate the fact that someone is taking the steps to have a better life for themselves, regardless!!!

I think they are responding to some very real concernes...and I would be curious to know who her doctor was.

There are always going to be times you are confronted with being asked questions without knowing all the facts, and you have to decide how you will react.

I chose to react in saying your face looks extremely thin, and given some of your verbage in other topics, starting weight and , yes, even the online name chosen, please...make sure you need to lose more weight.

What was the complication that caused it?

Coronary artery disease....and ironically the surgery she was having was abdominoplasty and breast reduction. Apparently one doctor refused to do the surgery because she was considered high risk due to her health issues, but she found another doctor who would do it, and died as a result. Following this, the Governator himself passed the Donda West law stating something about requiring medical clearance for elective surgeries in California....at least, according to Wikipedia.

Coronary artery disease....and ironically the surgery she was having was abdominoplasty and breast reduction. Apparently one doctor refused to do the surgery because she was considered high risk due to her health issues' date=' but she found another doctor who would do it, and died as a result. Following this, the Governator himself passed the Donda West law stating something about requiring medical clearance for elective surgeries in California....at least, according to Wikipedia.[/quote']

Yes, that is all I could find: West's autopsy report says she "died as a result of coronary artery disease and multiple postoperative factors.". Vague on particular post-op complications

well good for you' date=' we all have our own reasons for doing it, and some of us arent big fat heifers[/quote']

And some are obviously still in grade school- wow grow up

What was the complication that caused it?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. It may just be I am reading it differently or looking at it from another direction. When you go under anesthesia, regardless of if you are having a knee replacement, a boob job, a gall bladder removal, or a lap band, you risk death from a reaction to the anesthesia or pulmonary embolism or infection or any number of other possible complications.

And some are obviously still in grade school- wow grow up

I haven't been on here very long, do you see many people like this person here?

I just reread and saw I quoted the wrong post. I meant the person that the quote was responding to. Stupid phone! :)

No, it doesn't. Moderators are on this forum and ban people like him. It's best not to antagonize but to just report & let them deal with it.

We DO have difference of opinions and great discussions where we all learn from each other. But bashing as this individual did is not tolerated and nor should it be.

I haven't been on here very long, do you see many people like this person here?

I just reread and saw I quoted the wrong post. I meant the person that the quote was responding to. Stupid phone! :)

The poster with the rude remark was banned yesterday. I find the people on this site to be wonderful. I find the people show me another angle of thought, one that I may never have thought of on my own. I like it when people make me think. Also, the experience of those before us is invaluable. And those that are "walking parallel" to my experience is helpful, as well.

It looks as if he's online now. How is that possible?

Needs to be banned from this entire site and not just this forum/topic!

well good for you' date=' we all have our own reasons for doing it, and some of us arent big fat heifers[/quote']

Bawahahahaha seriously? I got your big fatty heifer right here you prat! Watch out...your ignorance is showing! And too bad if he is banned from the site because I would have loved for him to read this! :P

I am fully supportive of you! My BMi was also borderline since I am about 5''2' and was 171lbs pre-surgery. I am down to 153lbs after about 3 weeks post surgery and looking forward to be at 130lbs ideally. So what if it is cosmetic? After all' date=' it will have a positive effect on our health in general. BEST of luck to us, whether it be for cosmetic of medical reasons! Puerto Vallarta Mexico rocks! Self-paid also and very happy :)[/quote']

Good for you for not criticizing her. Regardless of her weight she did this for herself and no one should judge or roll eyes. Most people do it for medical reasons and some do it for cosmetic reasons. Either way we are all here to SUPPORT each other. As an obese women we get judged enough with the regular world. Let's try and stay positive here. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!

Bawahahahaha seriously? I got your big fatty heifer right here you prat! Watch out...your ignorance is showing! And too bad if he is banned from the site because I would have loved for him to read this! :P

It's funny, if you read the banned member's other posts from other threads....seems like a real nice guy. It's almost as if his teenage kid came home that day, logged on here under his logon, then proceeded to get his daddy banned. Wouldn't that have made for a fun scene when daddy got home?