Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time to Put Me to the Test!

I am coming up on one year with my band and I have lost between 80 and 90 lbs depending on the day. It seems the time has come to see if things have really changed with my body.

My best friend has decided we are going to Six Flags Over Texas this weekend. The reason for my fear will come as no shock to folks here but the skinny people in my life don't see the problem. The last time I went, it took 4 people to close one of the lap bars on a ride and it still pinched my skin. When I got off the ride, I was bleeding and I told no one. I was so embarressed.

Even though I see the numbers on the scale are smaller and size of clothes in my closet have changed, all I can think is, "What if I don't fit?" I've cried over this too many times and I know it seems insane but all I've ever known was fat. I am just plain scared. I guess this is my mind playing tricks on me but it's hard to believe that you really have shrunk sometimes.

Anyway, I hope you will think good thoughts for me on Saturday as I attempt to do what no fat person should. That is ride the Titan! I do this for all my fat friends who are changing their lives. It's my turn to join you and think this may be a big turning point for me.

Deep breath....stay calm....here I go!

Girl you will have no problem. It is great to see you on the board. We talked a few times at Dr. Jays office I changed my name though. Enjoy it and have fun! Welcome back btw!

Have a great time! I love amusement parks and can't wait to ride without the fear and anxiety (and humiliation) of not fitting on rides.

I want you to walk into six flags with your chin up high and ride all those rides that some of use cant yet fit in...Do it for all of us girl!!! Last time I tried riding some plane simulator with my son out there and couldnt get the seatbelt on without help from my husband and person sitting next to me...Was very embarassing when the light showed on the wall that someone wasnt fastened in yet when they were ready to start it...One day I will get in there but for now I only dream of the day that I know will come!!:clap2:

I'll be thinking of you! I can totally relate to your experience; I avoided the Cyclone this summer for fear of not fitting. :grouphug: I have a feeling you are going to have a great time! Can't wait to hear about it.

I can so relate to your fear...and next year I will be going and making the same right of passage!!! I don't think there will be any problem with you fitting on the rides...you have done a great job. Now get out there and enjoy one of the rewards for a job well done!!! Throw those hands in the air for ALL of us!!!

Kat

((((((Spydr)))))))

You're going to do GREAT. It's going to feel wonderful when you realize you can ride any ride you want to -- I have no doubt you'll be able to. I can't wait to hear all about it on Sunday! Please come back and post.

We've all been there, whether on rollercoasters, airplane seats or movie theaters. But at your current size, there's no issue. I can't wait for you to believe that too!

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Oh my gosh! Been there! I had refused to go on any amusement rides becauses of my size, but last year my husband begged me to ride the swinging ship with him. I thought that since there wern't individual seats that it shouldn't be a problem. WRONG! The stupid carnie had to come tell me that I had to move from the end to the middle to "balance out the ship"!

Never again - not until I'm at 141 like Spydr.

I hear ya loud and clear..The last time I got on a ride was in 1998, and that was Space Mountain at Disneyland. I avoid amusement parks at all cost. Just for that reason, I don't want to be humiliated.

I think that you are going to do great and enjoy the day to the fullest!

I can't wait for the day when I can go to an amusement park and ride something with my daughter....I am sure I will be thinking "I HOPE I FIT"

on every ride...but that will pass once my brain realizes that I've shrunk:D

HAVE A BLAST! :clap2: