Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Have Suggestions For A Liquid Diet?

In all probability I will be starting the liquid diet in a month or so and I am thinking it's going to make me crazy and miserable! Any suggestions on how to get through it and good recipes to use will be appreciated!

I had to do 2 weeks worth of a liquid diet, in all honesty. the first 3 days are probably the worst, i was craving foods i never would eat on a normal basis.

Here is what i did:

My shakes were from my doctors office, but they are Bariatric Advantage shakes. I had 3-4 a day. In the middle of all that, I had chicken broth and vegetable broth, apple sauce, and Jello, apple juice and loads of crystal light and Water, eventually Jello becomes quite filling.

I occasionally had sugar free, fat free pudding. To mix it up, i went and bought wonton Soup and had that without the wontons, just to change what I was eating....errr....drinking.

good luck, you can do it!!

Thanks so much for your input!! I really appreciate it!

My wife dreaded the idea of liquid diet, but we prepared it ahead of time. We did Jello jigglers so she could eat it with her fingers, Atkins Protein shakes, and we made some simple Soups (broccoli and cheese, creamy potato) and strained the chunks out.

It doesn't last too long, and when you hit puréed food, the list that you looked at and thought sounded gross or boring, you will be ecstatic for (my wife is over the moon about instant mashed potatoes).

Good luck!

My wife dreaded the idea of liquid diet, but we prepared it ahead of time. We did Jello jigglers so she could eat it with her fingers, Atkins Protein shakes, and we made some simple Soups (broccoli and cheese, creamy potato) and strained the chunks out.

It doesn't last too long, and when you hit puréed food, the list that you looked at and thought sounded gross or boring, you will be ecstatic for (my wife is over the moon about instant mashed potatoes).

Good luck!

Thanks so much for sharing a part of your journey with me! Jello sounds like a good idea, but I am not partial to it at all. I have a problem with certain textures in my mouth, and I just can't eat them without gagging! I can usually handle Jello if I let it dissolve in my mouth and then swallow it and I'm ok with apple sauce sometimes. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to pureed foods. yikes...TMI about my digestive woes!! sorry yall!

I've been on a liquid diet since 9/3 as I'm 7 months out and have a leak that's never healed from my surgery in 3/2012. Anywho... I love love love the dannon greek light and fit yogurts. 80 calories in 5.3 oz and 12 g of Protein. Also, my love for Protein drinks is currently for Oh Yeah vanilla cream and strawberries and cream. There also is a Protein pudding called power pak and I like chocolate (and don't usually prefer chocolate). Also, clear Proteins... cytosport whey isolate drinks in tropical and tangerine were good.

I also make pumpkin cheesecake with some Protein powder in it. And I blenderize cottage cheese and add sf Torani Syrup to it. Then there is my love for cream of chicken and mushroom Soup. It's by campbells and I can only find it at Walmart and IDK why but I still am not sick of it yet! Also Jello SF ready made dulche de leche pudding and boston cream pie pudding. 60-70 calories a pop, but a sweet goodie.

Yep, purty much what I'm living off of since 9/3. Another month of this to go. Good luck to you! And just remember, if I can do this for 2 months, you can do it for a few days-a few weeks. Of course, it's much easier AFTER surgery. Before WAS a bear. But feel free to hit me up if you need anything!

The pumpkin cheesecake sounds amazing! I'm sorry for your difficulties. I hope it will get better for you soon. Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

Margarita's and whiskey sours but the Doc probably would not agree with this liquid diet. :D

But seriously I drank about a gallon a day of crystal lite. Mix up the flavors so your taste buds don't get bored. And 2 Protein drinks a day. Then in the evenings I used powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup as a treat. The headaches went away after a couple of days and the hunger will subside to a point the further along you get.

4alongerlife- you are always so helpful to everyone! You are a very strong person. Youre in my prayers while youre healing from the leak in your sleeve!! <3

Has anyone tried the new Crystal lite flavors? My favorite is Appletinni. They have Mojito and Margarita flavors too. Since I DO NOT like milk or milk products I've been drinking my Protein Shakes with a variety of flavors, I get tired of the same thing. My Dad makes me all kinds of Soups, lentil, black bean, pinto Beans, pea split. I just didnt do well with the Tomato Soup though! I say ADD VARIETY!! Good luck!

Is Unjury chicken Soup considered a clear liquid or is it only for the 'full liquid' diet?

I've been on a liquid diet since 9/3 as I'm 7 months out and have a leak that's never healed from my surgery in 3/2012. Anywho... I love love love the dannon greek light and fit yogurts. 80 calories in 5.3 oz and 12 g of Protein. Also' date=' my love for Protein drinks is currently for Oh Yeah vanilla cream and strawberries and cream. There also is a Protein pudding called power pak and I like chocolate (and don't usually prefer chocolate). Also, clear Proteins... cytosport whey isolate drinks in tropical and tangerine were good.

I also make pumpkin cheesecake with some Protein powder in it. And I blenderize cottage cheese and add sf Torani Syrup to it. Then there is my love for cream of chicken and mushroom Soup. It's by campbells and I can only find it at Walmart and IDK why but I still am not sick of it yet! Also Jello SF ready made dulche de leche pudding and boston cream pie pudding. 60-70 calories a pop, but a sweet goodie.

Yep, purty much what I'm living off of since 9/3. Another month of this to go. Good luck to you! And just remember, if I can do this for 2 months, you can do it for a few days-a few weeks. Of course, it's much easier AFTER surgery. Before WAS a bear. But feel free to hit me up if you need anything![/quote']

I am getting ready for surgery next week you mentioned they can't fix your leak how come? Are you sick in the hospital?

For my pre op diet, I wad allowed unlimited non starch veggies. What saved me was oven roasted veg Soup. I'd bake broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, cabbage/brussels sprouts, red peppers, zucchini. Top with spices. After cooked chopped them up into little pieces and add to chicken broth with chili flakes. So good and my whole family liked it as well. I'm on my liquid post op now but will be bringing back in dinner rotation asap.