Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL:How many lbs did you loose...

How many lbs did you loose the 1st week of being banded  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many lbs did you loose the 1st week of being banded

The first week or two is more likely dehydration--sometimes even combined with swelling from surgery--than actual weight loss.

It really shouldn't even be counted.

I lost 15 lbs. my first week, *but* my doc did not require a pre-op diet, other than liquids only the day before surgery. I'm sure it makes a huge difference if you were on a highly restrictive diet prior to surgery.

Tami

I lost about 6 pounds prior (10 day liquids) and 6 pounds during the first week or ten days. BUT..like others have said, I think it's mostly due to not being hungry from the swelling, b/c I've noticed that as my swelling goes down, my appetite goes up.

Yes, I did really well the first & second week, down almost 11.5 lbs but after I started eating REAL food it has just been really slow. I am happy to know that we all are in the same boat and that we are all doing what we are supposed to be doing. (Slow and easy!)

I lost 18 lbs the first week, and have continually lost, even if it was a small amount. I just had my 3rd fill, 8 total in a 10cc band, and as of today, total lost since Feb. 6, 2006= 63 pounds. :clap2:

I lost 10 pounds before my surgery and then 14 pounds after the surgery and then another 3-4 pounds and am about at 30 pounds. Have had my first fill a week ago, 1cc, but don't feel much of any restriction so I go back in a week from today and will have another fill. Seems like the weight loss is very slow 1 pound or so a week.

While I agree that the first week is not a good indication of future loss, and is likely mostly Water weight, and can easily be regained...I also remember the huge relief I felt as that scale inched downward! It gave me such hope! It comforted me in my decision, and gave incentive to continue following my Dr.'s orders, and make this work.

Don't let the possible regain of that initial loss distract you too much, it may be slower following the first sudden weight loss burst, but it will continue, this band works if you do!!!

Try to hold onto that enthusiasm---even when you get to a point that you are winning YOUR battle, you can encourage those who are following you!

Good Luck!!

Kat

Goodness, I could not even vote. I actually gained a couple of pounds the first week. I think it was from all the IV fluids and I was retaining Water really bad though.

I lost 7 pounds the first five days. I stayed the same for several weeks after adding mushies. Thank goodness for LBT.com. I would have thought myself a failure not knowing what others go through.