Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Ithaca/syracuse Sleevers?

Abby who did your sleeve. I am in Utica

Max206, are you still around? I'm there too? Did you end up having the sleeve? I finally have a date but was wondering who you went to?

March 27th! So soon! :D it'll be here before you know it! I'm doing ok- ready for my endoscopy & stretch tomorrow- that's for sure! Getting tough to eat again. Do u have to do 1 or 2 weeks of liquid diet?

I have to do 2 wks of liquids, but I did an extra week, for a couple reasons. I'm 11 days away now!!! :) very ready one minute & freaking internally the next

I have to do 2 wks of liquids' date=' but I did an extra week, for a couple reasons. I'm 11 days away now!!! :) very ready one minute & freaking internally the next[/quote']

One week for you now, right? How's the liquid diet going? So close!!

One week for you now' date=' right? How's the liquid diet going? So close!![/quote']

One week from RIGHT NOW, I'll be just going to recovery (if it stays on schedule lol). I'm so anxious, but ready. :) I had a rough week last week due to working doubles & putting in about 74 hrs. BUT it made the diet easy bc I just did not care about food/shakes at all. ;) but it caught up to me by sat. I had a few cheats but I'm down 11# from when I started my liquids, so I'm ok. Back on the strict wagon as of today! :)

How are you doing? I think of you often. :)

You're going to do great on Wednesday! When is your last day at work? The diet is so hard beforehand- because you still have a normal size stomach! It's great you could get your mind off being hungry and everything by working so much :) After surgery things won't be as tempting (most likely) for awhile. One thing I wasn't prepared for, (not sure it's really common) is that for a few weeks my sense of smell was all freaked out. This smelled terrible! Something to think about...

I'm doing alright. I'm basically at my goal weight. 150. I wear a size 8 pants, which is completely insane (I was a 22). I have one more endoscopy (total of 5 since RNY) to finish opening up the structure between the pouch and intestines. I'm eating lots of things now, and things are moving through well! :)

I can't wait for you to be through surgery and start losing more! In a few months, you're going to look back and just be in awe about how different your life is from what it used to be. It's amazing. And hold on to that because at some point during the first few weeks you're going to have a few moments at least where you can't understand why you did this to yourself. Just keep the end in mind!! I'll be thinking about you on Wednesday! Be sure to post how it went as soon as you're feeling up to it!!

You're going to do great on Wednesday! When is your last day at work? The diet is so hard beforehand- because you still have a normal size stomach! It's great you could get your mind off being hungry and everything by working so much :) After surgery things won't be as tempting (most likely) for awhile. One thing I wasn't prepared for' date=' (not sure it's really common) is that for a few weeks my sense of smell was all freaked out. This smelled terrible! Something to think about...

I'm doing alright. I'm basically at my goal weight. 150. I wear a size 8 pants, which is completely insane (I was a 22). I have one more endoscopy (total of 5 since RNY) to finish opening up the structure between the pouch and intestines. I'm eating lots of things now, and things are moving through well! :)

I can't wait for you to be through surgery and start losing more! In a few months, you're going to look back and just be in awe about how different your life is from what it used to be. It's amazing. And hold on to that because at some point during the first few weeks you're going to have a few moments at least where you can't understand why you did this to yourself. Just keep the end in mind!! I'll be thinking about you on Wednesday! Be sure to post how it went as soon as you're feeling up to it!![/quote']

I'm so glad you're doing better! :) I never thought about the smell thing, but I have heard of anesthesia doing all kinds of weird stuff to people, so I'm not surprised. Congrats on being at GOAL!!! :) How exciting! My goal is somewhere between 135 & 150. I have no idea what I'll even look like below 180 so... Lol

I've actually been on spring break this week. I go back for Sun & Mon & I'm off. I took Tuesday off bc I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling about things or if there would be things to take care of.

The liquid diet hasn't been that bad. I actually got some slim fast high Protein powder, & it's made it a lot easier. It's lower cal & blends better than regular body builder whey that everyone uses. I've been using half scoops of that bc my NUT wants each shake under 225 cal. The problem I've had is that I started working at my bf's pub to help them out, 2 days after starting the diet. Thankfully, last night was my last for quite a while. It has been so hard preparing & staring at pizza, chicken wings, MOZZARELLA STICKS... I'd be lying if I said there weren't a few cheats... :( but I've logged everything & I never went over 1200 cals so I'm hoping that I can recover & be totally on plan from here on out.

I'm planning on at least a little fly by update afterwards! :)

I haven't replied and tomorrow's the big day!! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it'll go great!! Good luck, I'll be thinking about you- sending good vibes!! :)

I haven't replied and tomorrow's the big day!! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it'll go great!! Good luck' date=' I'll be thinking about you- sending good vibes!! :)[/quote']

I'm alive!!!! :) haha had some trouble with vomiting earlier but they've got me on 4 nausea meds so that part is better. The chest gas is making me crazy.

Just got back from a leak test. They made me swallow this other stuff, not barium. I'm feeling a bit "stuffed" from that, but now I can have my catheter out & get clear fluids in!

Hey! So glad you're doing ok! :) the nausea at first is TERRIBLE! Zofran is the best. Make sure you get some (it dissolves in your mouth) - you'll need a perscription.

The gas is tough too- but hopefully you've been up and walking some because that helps the gas go away too! I'm assuming your leak test worked out ok... I've had that non-barium stuff too and I think it's more gross than the barium! Hopefully that's the last upper GI you'll have to do! :)

Going home tomorrow? I sure hope so! Congratulations!! Wooo!!!!

Hello~ I'm new to this site & was wondering if anyone here is from ithaca , ny area? I am done with my testing and should be done with my 6th months of supervised weight lost by end of May. Started support groups and so nervous if being told no go at this point. Just the waiting game that is bugging me so far:/ anyone have there surgery at CMC? Dr. Mesenas? Any helpful hints to get through the last few months? I have blue cross blue shield & going things go as planned:/

Hello~ I'm new to this site & was wondering if anyone here is from ithaca ' date=' ny area? I am done with my testing and should be done with my 6th months of supervised weight lost by end of May. Started support groups and so nervous if being told no go at this point. Just the waiting game that is bugging me so far:/ anyone have there surgery at CMC? Dr. Mesenas? Any helpful hints to get through the last few months? I have blue cross blue shield & hope things go as planned:/[/quote']

I was just released today from CMC. I had Dr Bollo, w/Dr Mecenas assisting. I researched a lot of programs before I settled on theirs.

Hey! So glad you're doing ok! :) the nausea at first is TERRIBLE! Zofran is the best. Make sure you get some (it dissolves in your mouth) - you'll need a perscription.

The gas is tough too- but hopefully you've been up and walking some because that helps the gas go away too! I'm assuming your leak test worked out ok... I've had that non-barium stuff too and I think it's more gross than the barium! Hopefully that's the last upper GI you'll have to do! :)

Going home tomorrow? I sure hope so! Congratulations!! Wooo!!!!

I just got home! :) I am totally wiped out, though. I'm not in a ton of pain anymore, but I have a lot of tightness in my chest from trying to drink. The leak test was crazy. Very weird to watch. Lol & yes I passed. :) the only thing that's really annoying me is that overnight I gained back all the weight I lost in pre-op. So that just annoys me more bc I basically starved during my last few days/weeks of being able to eat real food, for nothing. I'm gonna spend the 1st month playing catch up... :(

I was just released today from CMC. I had Dr Bollo' date=' w/Dr Mecenas assisting. I researched a lot of programs before I settled on theirs.[/quote']

How are you feeling ? Are you able to move around the house & do some things? How was your CMC experience ?