Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC ~ October Chat

Welcome back!! And I am glad to hear the knee surgery went well for you. Remember when you do PT to be sure and do to the other knee what you are doing for the one that was repaired. Symmetry is important in working with the body and it doesn't hurt to strengthen both legs at the same time.

Jo Ann

New scales suck! I broke my other one, don't ask me how, and had to get a new one. It's 4 lbs heavier than my other one! Hate that as it screws up my whole weight loss tally. Realistically I know that I'm not 4 lbs heavier than I was yesterday, but I still feel fatter. :) I know, it's just a number and I shouldn't focus on that, but still! Just when the scale was starting to move again it goes back up! Stupid thing!

Hope everyone's doing well. :)

I haven't had a chance to check in for a while. Lots of losing going on here. Robin, I'm glad your surgery went well and good luck on your recovery.

I had my second fill last week. The first fill was 1.3 ml in a 4 ml band. When I went back only .5 ml were left -- no wonder I wasn't feeling any restriction. The PA said the band absorbs a lot of the first fill, and I went longer than a lot of people between the first and second fills. It was only about 5-6 weeks! So, this time, they put in a total of 1.4, which is only a bit more than the first, but supposedly it should last longer.

I feel like I am getting closer to being properly restricted. I have to be careful with what I eat, especially dry meat or chicken. I've had a couple of "stuck" then PB-incidents and they are NOT pleasant. I have been good about not eating bread and Pasta even though I could eat it before the 2nd fill if I wanted to. I admit I have had a couple of Desserts here and there, but life wouldn't be any fun if I couldn't splurge a little. I find that I do best when I concentrate on getting enough Protein, and the rest seems to take care of itself.

I am not breaking any speed records for weight loss, but I'm in this for the long haul. I'm as pleased with the band as I have been so far -- it works when I work with it.

Now, if I could just get the exercise thing going...

Jessica

I got my second fill last week, and now all of a sudden I feel RESTRICTION!!!! If I swallow real food without adequately chewing, or take too big a bite, I feel this terrible burning pain in my throat. It seems that this happens a nanosecond after I swallow, before it could even have hit my stomach. And this reminds me to slow down, chew, take small bites, follow the rules. I'm also finding it's a negative reinforcement for eating, so possibly a good thing in the long run.

And I learned I'm getting a big award at work, and had nothing to wear to the ceremony. So I went shopping today, tried on suits, and none of the 24s fit. I ended up getting a 22 and could have pushed it a little and gotten into a 20! But I really want to look good for this award ceremony. The weight just continues to drift down, down, down...

YES!

Bug: I also had to buy a new scale, my old one became unpredictible, one time it said I lost like 5 lbs in 2 hours lol then the next day I had gained 7....anyway, I figured it was broke and got a new one, digital and it is closer to the Dr's, only 1.8 lbs different but it says I weigh more so I've decided to move my ticker back to 40 lbs lost because I dont think I actually lost those last 2 :girl_hug:

I cant complain though, I've still lost a good amount and when I went in on monday they took my measurements again and I've lost a total of 10.5 inches and I've gone down 2 full sizes on top and 3 in pants!

FYI: I found this interesting....My Dr did tell me not to be so obsessed with the lbs right now he said I'm in a phase where I'm gaining back my Water weight but I'm still losing inches and he says this is totally normal for people who lose a ton right away in the begining so I'm not going to stress about my scale stall, who cares as long as my clothes get smaller :)

Hi ABC Group,

Everyone is doing so great keep up the good work, haven't been around for a while very busy, I stated working out 3 weeks ago going 6 days a week for 1 hour, I got up this morning and could hardly walk, went to the DR and I have Acheles Tendonitis from walking on and incline treadmill he guesses. I think it is from being so inactive on exercising that my body isn't used to being worked, but I left the DR. office and went and worked out and felt great, I am just doing the bike instead. I don't want to give up on exercising because I am afraid I won't go back and my scales haven't moved for about 2 weeks, I hope its because I am building muscle but haven't seen any change even in my clothes.:)

I have had 2 fills already but am wondering if I need another, I really don't feel restricted.

Surgery 08-21-06

350/320/150

10cc band

have 4.6cc in band.

Thanks for letting me vent -Holly-

I was filled the 1st and only time in a 4cc band at 2.1. It seems to be very close to perfect. Cancelled a appointment for a second fill as i had a cold :sick that week. Now i am glad i didnt go. I am loosing about 1lb a week maybe a little less. Started at approx 207 and now at 185 this morning. Had a couple of weeks of up and down weight due to vacation, travel and illness. But all and all when i :hungry: right, i am loosing without much difficulty and unfortunately just a couple hours of arobic exercise a week. That is something i must ad at least 1 more day of.

banded 8-8-06

Yippeee! I get my second fill on Tuesday! Yay! :banana :banana Am I the only one who feels a bit nervous when I request a fill? I don't know why, but I feel like I'm a failure when I need a fill, or that I have to justify it to the nurse. I know fills are what make the band work and that they're needed, but I guess I just feel that admitting I haven't lost weight or am eating more than I'm supposed to makes me a bad dieter. I don't know, it's weird, but I feel weird when I have to admit to them that I haven't lost weight. Who cares though, I want restriction! Last night I ate some spaghetti and garlic bread. 2 things that should cause problems with the band and I didn't have any issues. Didn't hurt, I didn't feel full, nothing. So that's how I know I need a fill! Plus, getting it Tuesday means I can't indulge in the kids' Halloween candy. ;)

Bug, don't worry about it! This is what the band is for. If we do not have restriction, then we get a fill. I am going for my 2nd fill on Wed and i too hope I get restriction! I have only lost 9 lbs since sx. I should be happy with that but I am sad that I have not done better. I will listen to the Dr Jamie has and be happy and have patience.

Diane

Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I posted as well. It seems like everyone is getting or has gotten their 2nd fills. I just got mine on Wed., and I have some mega restriction going on. Funny how a few days ago I could have eaten anything and today I can't even get a thin slice of turkey to stay down, yikes!! I may be too tight, what do you all think? I'm totally confused about this band all the sudden. The food goes down my throat and gets stuck before it even reaches my stomache, is this normal??

No kidding, I just got my second one, as well! I thought that I was jumping the gun, but the doctor told me that he expected me in a lot sooner. I feel restriction, but not too much ...now I'm wondering if I should go back next week (it's free if it's within a week) and ask for more...

Eileen / Chicago

banded 8/10, down to 191 from 243

Trish, give it a few days before you decide to get an unfill. Mine felt much tighter in the beginning. Some days, its actually tighter than others, even now.

So yesterday, I felt that I was filled perfectly, maybe a little loose. THEN, I tried to eat dinner, and realized that part of the 1/2 apple (the skin?) was still stuck from lunch. I gagged, slimed for ages, drank Water, went to sleep, got up, and it feels like it's still there! Have had nothing but yogurt, popsicles and water today - how long is this thing going to SIT there, and what else can I do to get rid of it? I even tried drinking some Diet Pepsi to see if the carbonation would dislodge it - funny how BAD that tastes when you haven't had it for three months, and I used to be addicted! Anyway, how to I get rid of this stinking apple peel? It was nice to lose two pounds, but that's not the way that I want to do it!!!!

Eileen /Chicago

Hey everyone:) Sorry I havent been able to be on in a while I just got back from Florida and I didnt go online the whole time haha which is shocking cuz im an internet fanatic. Well I definitely cheated on vacation OOPS....but I enjoyed myself. My mom told me not to be surprised if I gained 10lbs cuz it happens. I drank alot of cocktails and had some ice creams and plenty of other things not on my diet.I even went to some buffets but tried to stick to the foods I was suppposed to have I just had more than I should have. So I got in tonight and my mom had to drop me off at my house so she came in to change my bandages from my last surgery (still having that done everyday, but she did it while on vacation so I didnt have to go to Dr's there) so she wanted me to weigh myself while she was here and guess what.....same weight as the day I left for Florida YEAH :clap2: :clap2: I'm so surprised and so was she cuz the rest of my family has gained at least 5lbs each while on vacation. HAHA. Well I hope everyone else is doing well..